T Shirt Comments

People tell me all of the time. Such as...
"Opeth rules" "yeahhhh, Opeth!" "dude, you like Opeth? Holy shit, I didn't know anyone else around here"

or actually, the best

Last week I was walking to my car and this guy walked out of a store and without even looking at me just said "hey, have you heard the new album?" and continued walking, and when I said "yeah" I heard him say "...fucking great" but he was pretty far at that point...it was interesting

I wear an Orchid hooded sweatshirt around. I think people sometimes think its some sort of folk band what with the swirly Opeth logo, and the purple mystic picture on the back.

Im sure if they popped on one of the cds this would evidently clear the air about the folk music thing.

Not many people I know have ever heard of Opeth, and id say fewer ratio wise in the general public wouldve. Hobart, Australia sucks for that reason.

We have a huge amount of poofta rockers in our city with Kiss shirts, and people think they're hardcore cos they're wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. Not to diss the maiden.

It's good tho when you get a nod from another goth or metalhead.

I'm laughing really hard after reading the post above me. So much stupid shit.

1. Opeth has plenty of folk in their acustic parts
2. Goth?
3. Read the rest.

I wore my Opeth shirt to the mall once and this guy goes "hey do you actually like them or do you just wear that shirt?" I was like uuh yeah I like them. He probably asked me that because I'm a girl and didn't look like the type of person that listened to Opeth. It was still a dumb question though.

No comments. I go to the university of a bigger german city, and all I see are some Blind Guardian-shirts or today one of Judas Priest.
You see, Opeth is still "underground" here. ;)

i dont have one. :cry: i cant seem to find many and when i do they're fuckin like tents. none are small enough for me. i'm gonna have to like make my own or something...

Haha yeah. I know what you mean about the tent shit. All the shirts I could find at stores were all like XXL so I had to get mine of the internet. Thats one thing that sucks about being a girl, I can never find band shirts that fit me.

Babetee1 said:
Haha yeah. I know what you mean about the tent shit. All the shirts I could find at stores were all like XXL so I had to get mine of the internet. Thats one thing that sucks about being a girl, I can never find band shirts that fit me.
they make those babygirl shirts or whatever

haha dude, ive had people say evergreen? when wearing my evergrey shirt too, that is fuckin hilarious, pisses me off though, and yesm theyve said oprah? what? so many more of my other shirts but my hands arent that strong

one timei was sittin in unclaimed baggage, this store nearby, and i start thinking, why is this guy staring at my shirt, a COB, then he comes up and starts a full blown conversation "cool shirt, my keyboard player in my band really likes children of bodom blah blah balha hlahlal bllahaldghairvgb d cvbszdr vg thats aijdgalkdjgad" then i couldnt understand a word he said., i just kinda nodded at the guy. strange one, that guy

FRUGiHOYi said:
I saw someone wearing an Opeth shirt today and I almost said to him Opeth rules but I didn't want to feel stupid.

Went to a rock club at the weekend and saw a guy with Opeth shirt. I pointed at his shirt bowed down and shook his hand...I was very drunk

yes, well, i like to play the counting game at PT shows (or PT-related shows) and see how many of "us" are there.
at the last PT show at Berklee, saw 6 others, and a few of us, (since i was wearing mine, of course) did nod and/or speak to each other.
actually made friends with a guy i saw at Blackfield at the Middle East when i saw him again at SOTU and then we both talked to some one else in a Burzum shirt.
otherwise, random folks will approach and give appreciation, but very seldom. but it's cool when they do approach and say something. and they are usually, clearly, already major metal-heads.
i get the fucking oprah thing too as well as people who think otep and opeth are the same... maybe they are dyslexic. (sp?)
i wear my shirt to school a lot, but most of my students have no clue, but the college where i teach right now is basically a bunch of morons who all dress the same and listen to awful shit.
but i have turned on at least 1 student to opeth.
it's fun though, since the ones who have a vague idea of what opeth is get very confused by the fact that their english teacher is listening to death metal.
which is fun for me.
:)

I keep seeing this guy on campus wearing a black Opeth hoodie. I've been meaning to comment on it, but he's always got headphones on and it's going to be hard to get his attention without looking like an idiot.