Unexpected opeth moments

Oh yeah, I have a cool story. One time I was sitting in the airport waiting for my flight and I was on my laptop. A girl came to me with her iPod asking if I could charge it on my computer for her. I did, and I noticed that she had a lot of cool music on her iPod, but no Opeth :( So I did her the favor of putting Blackwater Park (the album) on it for her, but I didn't say anything :) She must have had a very pleasant surprise.

Only time I've met strangers who have liked Opeth was at the Opeth gig so no cool stories. Nice thread anyway.

One time at this place where I was at for some reason I randomly thought about how cool it would be to see another Opeth fan and I looked around but didn't see anything that would lead me to believe anyone was a fan so even though I almost went up and asked random people if they ever heard the band or had seen them live before I didn't because I had something else that was taking my attention away from my other random thought so I just went and did that instead but I still sort of thought it would have been cool if I had asked someone at random about the band and they would have heard of the band before.

I never met an Opeth fan randomly.. and even if I talk to metalheads about the band, they say yeah of course Opeth is great but it turns out that they never heard any of their albums, they just heard about em.

I once saw this guy wearing the "Jorge" Watershed shirt..

I go hey man! Thats one hell of a shirt, nice to see another Opeth fan!!

He responds, you idiot its me Mikael got damn Akerfeldt and i'm on stage singing Heir Apparent!

I came on the spot..but he was totally ok with it.

last semester in college I made this guy an Opeth cd and he was hooked. Then I made this other guy whom was curious about Opeth a cd and he admittd to hating it so much he broke it. I wanted to kick his ass so bad.

last semester in college I made this guy an Opeth cd and he was hooked. Then I made this other guy whom was curious about Opeth a cd and he admittd to hating it so much he broke it. I wanted to kick his ass so bad.

this is one of the reasons that make me don't wanna let people listen to what I listen to, coz they will give what it doesn't deserve !!! they will just devalue it becoz of their fucking ignorance lol
btw, they have added new emoticons ??
:Spam::devil::yow::wave::Shedevil::devil::hotjump:

Umm.. Are you aware of the fact that you just admitted making bootleg copies of copyrighted Opeth stuff, on the official Opeth forum?

Just askin :Smokin:

Once on this festival called Rock Mot Rus(Rock Against Drugs) in Andenes, north-norway, I wore my Baying of The Hounds-shirt with the golden Opeth-logo on, and some random guy (probably on drugs) came up to me and told me how much he loved Opeth, and that he saw them in Trondheim(Hox-town) and he met Mike there. I told him I saw them in Lillehammer(Which is norwegian for little hammer, btw) and that I met the entire band except for Per, and then he got angry and walked away :)

One time at this place where I was at for some reason I randomly thought about how cool it would be to see another Opeth fan and I looked around but didn't see anything that would lead me to believe anyone was a fan so even though I almost went up and asked random people if they ever heard the band or had seen them live before I didn't because I had something else that was taking my attention away from my other random thought so I just went and did that instead but I still sort of thought it would have been cool if I had asked someone at random about the band and they would have heard of the band before.

If I other guy posted that you would warn him, right?

Once on this festival called Rock Mot Rus(Rock Against Drugs) in Andenes, north-norway, I wore my Baying of The Hounds-shirt with the golden Opeth-logo on, and some random guy (probably on drugs) came up to me and told me how much he loved Opeth, and that he saw them in Trondheim(Hox-town) and he met Mike there. I told him I saw them in Lillehammer(Which is norwegian for little hammer, btw) and that I met the entire band except for Per, and then he got angry and walked away :)

it probably was hox, fakken blondie :lol:

Have any of you guys ever noticed that Opeth's logo actually looks like an onion? :heh:

opeth-logo-red.jpg