Unreasonable aspirations

@LaRocque: Well, I guess its easier said than done. Unless you care about others, of course. If you care only about Yourself, its quite easy (there were times when I would strongly agree with this type of existentialism, but those times are gone).

Angelbreeze said:
I know what you mean, that's exactly what it feels like for unreasonable aspirations.

Nowadays, I'm living a life I dislike pretty much. I've wanted to be an accomplished musician since I was 6 years old, however a lot of circummstances pushed me for being a poor and depressed lawyer with no future and no dreams. I'm too old to start a music school or something related, also my current job don't let me spend time for myself, and it really hurts, it's a kind of feeling like I'm dying inside.

It sounds to me like you're struggling to hold on to that belief, which is a pretty common resort although I fail to see any advantages in that.

|ng.

err but what do you mean? I was referring to La Roque's "If You don't do what You want to do, you're just bull shiting Yourself " line. I think people sometimes really don't know what to do, just have a very general idea, it can be because of their age, a life changing experience or discovery that shatters everything you believed in, etc

I've often thought about opening an all-metal store in the ottawa region that would sell everything (cd's, dvds, merch, tickets, instruments, collectibles...) from the most possible bands. However, I have no management skills whatsoever so if I really want to do it I'd have to change my present field of study. I know that my talent (c'mon, everyone is good at something) is writing and the performing arts (by that I mean acting, I never even held an electric guitar for more than 10seconds in my hands) and I'd rather follow this path and then see later in my life if I want to do something else. I'll just keep on being a metal fan for now!

@ hitori : i agree with you it just happen right now that i don't really know what to do... last year i was an exchange student and when i came back, i found out all my friends were doing their own things, or that i didn't get along with some of them anymore, so i'm just kinda lost (and i haven't really anyone to whom i could speak exept my family but its not the same) ; i mean i have to go to college this year, and i will meet new people and live by myself so everything is just gonna be so different... i have something i want to study (music recording) but there's an exam before and if i fail it i really don't know what else i would do... i can't even believe i'm studying 1 week before the exam; it never happened to me, i just used to work the day before :p

*thinking* (am i telling my life to anyone? doesn't happen too often to me! but for once i feel like doing it)

Hitori said:
err but what do you mean? I was referring to La Roque's "If You don't do what You want to do, you're just bull shiting Yourself " line. I think people sometimes really don't know what to do, just have a very general idea, it can be because of their age, a life changing experience or discovery that shatters everything you believed in, etc

i guess it could be rephrased as: "if you - and by that we mean a generic 'you' - don't do what you want to do, provided you know what it is, or anyway if you don't strive to put yourself in the conditions to do what you want to do the most, even if that means sacrificing a little of what you feel like doing right now, as if on a whim, then you're most likely just being insincere towards your own self". but this way i think it loses a little something. :p

I've always wanted to be a reporter of a music magazine, but that's never going to happen since i'm not able to study for it :( And the worst part is that absolutely nothing else interests me. There's no other job i'd like. Except helping animals, being a vet or something, but i can't do that either because i'd never ever be able to handle seeing hurt animals and putting them to sleep. If i were a vet i'd just cry my eyes out every day after work and want to kill myself because people are so fucking selfish.

o_O

it all makes sense now
my apologies, La Roque, for some reason I kept reading that as "if you don't KNOW what you want to do, you're just bullshitting yourself"

@Dark Silence
yeah I know what you mean, it's extra hard to readapt when you come back home after being in another country... it's like your old country doesn't exist anymore and everything changed. give it time and try to think positive, if you pass your exam then you'll meet lots of people who enjoy the same things you do, that'll help.

im not even sure i'm going to pass that exam... i'm so nervous... then my mom told me i had to think about myself to know what i like, what job i'd really like to do, and stuff like that... but i don't know why i don't want to take an important decision right know!, or i'm a bit afraid of really thinking about me...
indeed i think i need to meet people who like the same things as i do

Angelbreeze said:
@|ngenius: I know what you meant, but is pretty hard to let it go when you really believes it...there's not advantages on feelings, we just feel the way we use to, right?

Ehmmm... let me clarify all this. If I've understood it correctly, this thread was about things one can't reach by any means (if we take a look to hyena's example, someone being unable to play piano because his hands were amputated, right?). I can't unzip my fly solely with the power of my mind, no matter how many times I try it out, a sad but settled fact.

Now, if you dislike your profession and the things you do, it is pretty understandable that frustration gets in the way. However, you still have chances, time at your disposal and choices to make. Where's the unreasonable aspiration in what you said?

|ng

P.S: If you can't think about something to do with your time, what if we try to unzip that goddamned fly together? Two minds, one fly, hands off. The challenge begins. :)

P.S(2): On second thoughts, think this thread has lost direction, and we're now in the "Alternative How Do You Feel Thread". :p

i always wanted to shut down for a long time and live in a world where the only things that matter are myself and my music.....but i'll never become so much holiday to be abele to do that....

|ngenius said:
P.S: If you can't think about something to do with your time, what if we try to unzip that goddamned fly together? Two minds, one fly, hands off. The challenge begins. :)

But then, when the fly is finally unzipped, there will always be the dispute on who it was that achieved it. :p

I want to live to at least 125 years old, and be in very good health too.

I want to get as much out of life as I can..we have such a short time on this earth. It's scary to think about how much I want to do in my life and how little time I will have to do it all... I could spent 125 years just studying all the areas I am interested in..

It's scary to think about how much I want to do in my life and how little time I will have to do it all...
ya but watch it or youll do what 39980390129021 others have done before you and spend so much time thinking about all the stuff you want to do that you'll end up doing nothing at all with your life :)