USA DEATH METAL VS.. THE WORLD

Nile,Dying Fetus and many new death metal bands are basically grindcore.

Dying Fetus are pretty Grind, I agree. But Nile? I don't think so.

To be honest, I generally just limp Grind and Death Metal together. They compliment each other really well, and mixing the two results in fantastic music. And explaining the difference between the two to outsiders is impossible.

Then again, explaining the difference between 'Rock' and 'Metal' is impossible to outsiders. So that goes to show...

Of course we know it is opinion. This is a forum about music, everything is opinion. I am arguing reasons why I feel my opinion is correct and why I feel yours is incorrect. If you think that is silly why participate in any discussion?

I suppose you're right. I went too far in trying to defend my point. As long as somebody has credible facts to back up their opinions to provide a solid argument, then debating the "better" scene is logical. I guess I forgot that most arguments held on this forum aren't supposed to draw any conclusions. The only apparent conclusions reflect the collective opinions of the participating posters, in which majority rules, but does not rule outright.

A reason why I like european death metal more is because the bands were more dimensional and did more things with guitars layering and harmonizing and were trance like and hypnotic. I think when euro death metal bands expirimented they still were very much death metal while when US bands experimented no longer resembled death metal.

Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes and Amorphis-the karelian isthmus are perfect examples of this.

Blastbeat driven death metal bands are really boring and death metal originally never had blastbeats so modern death metal if anything more resembles grindcore. Drumming and music on newer generation US death metal bands more resembles brutal truth,repulsion and napalm death than say a death metal band where death metal bands sound influenced by thrash,punk, and doom metal.

Nile,Dying Fetus and many new death metal bands are basically grindcore. I think so

brutal death metal bands are grindcore.

Blast beats don't equal Grindcore.

If that were the case than Black Metal bands would also be considered Grind because of all the blasting.

nile is morbid angel on steroids + egyptian "epic" parts. They are not brutal DM IMO
Not exactly, 2 distinct bands that seem influenced by each other, that and David Vincent>Dallas Toler Wade, don't get me wrong, I really love Nile, they've made some great stuff, I just think they'd be better if they let Karl Sanders growl more, he's my favorite Nile growler, Dallas is good, no doubt, I just liked it when they had that 3 vocal assault going on.

Haha, in a landslide?

Well yeah, it's not even close right? It's not like Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick, Covenant, Human, Focus, Here in After, Close to a World Below, Deicide, Legion, Cause of Death, Piece of Time, Unquestionable Presence, Effigy of the Forgotten, Pierced from Within came from the U.S. or anything.

Oh wait...:rolleyes:

uh where is Mental Funeral in that list? you fail.

I would like to make clear that I in no way meant to suggest that Slaughter of the Soul is a worthwhile Swedish DM album and that by being bad it denigrates the scene. Instead I was agreeing with you that it is bad and not a good example of good European DM.

Not exactly, 2 distinct bands that seem influenced by each other, that and David Vincent>Dallas Toler Wade, don't get me wrong, I really love Nile, they've made some great stuff, I just think they'd be better if they let Karl Sanders growl more, he's my favorite Nile growler, Dallas is good, no doubt, I just liked it when they had that 3 vocal assault going on.

The deep growls were one of my favorite parts of AotW, and their absence is very noticeable on their new record. At some points, Dallas almost sounds like he's doing hardcore screams (see "Papyrun Containing the Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In the Water")

:lol: I just wanted to type out that whole name from memory.

Slaughter of The Soul is not classic and at the sametime better than with fear I kiss the burning darkness which is awful.

The deep growls were one of my favorite parts of AotW, and their absence is very noticeable on their new record. At some points, Dallas almost sounds like he's doing hardcore screams (see "Papyrun Containing the Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In the Water")

I'll still get Ityllphallic eventually even though the songs I've heard off it have been good but not spectacular, Papyrun Containing the Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In the Water is the best song I've heard. :lol:(I copied and pasted it ;)) I heard Ityllphallic the song yesterday, it was good overall, had its moments, something tells me this isn't going to top AOTW.

Papyrun is a funny word.

I believe it's [size=+2]Papyrus[/size]

Haha, in a landslide?

Well yeah, it's not even close right? It's not like Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick, Covenant, Human, Focus, Here in After, Close to a World Below, Deicide, Legion, Cause of Death, Piece of Time, Unquestionable Presence, Effigy of the Forgotten, Pierced from Within came from the U.S. or anything.

Oh wait...:rolleyes:

Well, considering the Scandinavian DM scene has, Psychostasia, The Karelian Isthmus, Privilege of Evil, The Red In The Sky Is Ours, For The Security, Dark Recollections, World of Myths, Soulside Journey, Slumber of Sullen Eyes, Like An Ever Flowing Stream, Left Hand Path, A Velvet Creation, Mirrorworlds, The Winterlong, Blod Draum, The Nocturnal Silence, Fornever Laid To Rest, Sumerian Cry, In The Forest of The Dreaming Dead, Where No Life Dwells, Shadows In The Deep, Across The Horizon, etc.

I'd say landslide or at least large victory margin are appropriate terms.

I agree that the old school US scene was better than the european one. Releases such as onwards to Golgotha and dawn of possession cannot be touched by any euro releases IMO of course.

Not to mention the US scene was much more influential with bands such as possessed, morbid angel and suffocation all creating a very unique sound which many bands have tried to copy over the years.