USA hockey out of contention

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
1-4-1 after a silver medal the last olympics

disappointing, i guess, but i've managed to catch exactly zero games...can't be bothered to figure out when they're on and i have too many classes and things to keep track of.

Yahoo News said:
"We know we can beat anybody when we play on our level, and we didn't even didn't have to play that well tonight," Selanne said.

pwned :erk:

Dark One said:
At least the U.S. wasn't expected to contend for a medal in hockey anyway. Canada's loss was even more embarrassing. Three shutouts in four games and they're done.
haha, i did not hear about that...for all the hockey i was expecting to watch i've ended up more or less ignoring it entirely. can't even make myself sit down and watch tv when i want to :lol:

My ex landlord was on that USA hockey team in the 80's that was some kind of Cinderela story. His last name was Carey. Also, nobody round the parts liked him because he drunk drove and killed some chick and got away with it because of his connections.

...just sayin'.

Am I fucking pissed at our hockey team performance this afternoon? You fucking bet. In 12 periods of play, they only scored 3 goals, and they were supposed to have some of the best elements of the entire NHL.

cthulufhtagn said:
haha, i did not hear about that...for all the hockey i was expecting to watch i've ended up more or less ignoring it entirely. can't even make myself sit down and watch tv when i want to :lol:

The games were very exciting and close - both those of the U.S. and Canada. Both teams had the same problem, struggling offenses.

AsModEe said:
Am I fucking pissed at our hockey team performance this afternoon? You fucking bet. In 12 periods of play, they only scored 3 goals, and they were supposed to have some of the best elements of the entire NHL.
they were the friggin #1 seed, weren't they? when you only have a few games to show your stuff you have to be not just good, but hot.

the U.S. team had shitty goalies and nowhere near the talent level to compete at the Olympic/international level. Their loss = expected

the Canadian team had awesome goalies and every bit the talent level to compete at the Olympic/international level. Their loss = fucking laughable

haha now you know why euro style hockey sucks. no physical play. lets say chris simon and darcy hordichuk were playing on the canadian team. several euro players would not be returning to the NHL in working condition after this tournament.

personally i wish they would go back to amateurs. we could all be watching NHL games right now.

MajestikMøøse said:
Yeah, sending out NHL hockey players to the Olympics is so fucking lame.
haha are you being sarcastic? the NHL is THE premiere hockey league in the world. the olympic tournament is kind of a waste of everyones time. cant even watch the games on tv and when i do, they put me to sleep. theres like 6 million sf of ice on those rinks. bah to eurostyle hockey i say. bah!

no man, no sarcasm. the Olympics is supposed to be amateur athletes right? So why the fuck are we getting professional hockey players competing?

wow. i figured you were being sarcas.
mmm, i dont remember when that went down. i just remember all of a sudden there was no season for a couple weeks and i found out they were all playing in the olympics. wasnt it about the same time the DREAM TEAM basketball freaks came up with a team? dont even remember when *that* was haha.
anyway, i dont know how theyd even come up with amateur hockey players. i mean, anyone good enough to draw a crowd is going to be in some kind of league.
one of the reasons im not impressed with the 1980 US team AT ALL is that they were a bunch of amateurs that didnt do shit afterwards. so, i dunno, i seem to have conflicting feelings here.
*confused*

dorian gray said:
haha now you know why euro style hockey sucks. no physical play. lets say chris simon and darcy hordichuk were playing on the canadian team. several euro players would not be returning to the NHL in working condition after this tournament.

personally i wish they would go back to amateurs. we could all be watching NHL games right now.

HAHAHAAAA...You do know, that the rules they use in Olympic-hockey are the ones they use in NHL these days? Now the real talented players can make it and the 130kg/210cm stupid fucks can't, the time of fighters is long gone in NHL. Like the Russian-team, they have really good and talented players there and that's why they win games.

Russia is fucking nuts! awesome players and they play as a team. I heard that Bure only picked players that wanted to represent their country and play as a team.
as far as the USA, old and pathetic.