USA hockey out of contention

... roller hockey is enourmously cheaper.

Roller hockey supplies:
Mouthguard - 5
Elbow pads - 40
Stick - 60
Roller blade -- 200

Ice Hockey:
Pads - 400
Skates - 3-400
Stick - 60
Mouthguard - 5

KILL TULLY said:
Is Lacrosse popular outside of New-England?
no.

@krig and andrew: some RH leagues force you to wear full equipment which is the same stuff as ice hockey gear so its not that much cheaper. but keep in mind, i was comparing hockey to sports that require an entry fee of maybe $50. i mean, whats a basketball cost? $15? i dont even know.
also, goalie equipment is MINIMUM $1000. thats alot for someone who doesnt have rich parents.

i dunno, my dad's ice skates cost a fuckload more than my rollerblades did (not including the sale). It's funny how the US dollar is worth more yet everything seems to cost twice as much down there.

yeah. I didn't get the multipurpose ones. Where I grew up there was no arena so I never really learned to ice skate. instead I took up biking and roller blading (Roller hockey on the highway \m/)

KILL TULLY said:
Is Lacrosse popular outside of New-England?
there were lacrosse programs at most of the high schools where i'm from, i actually played for a year...sucked...all the people who play lacrosse suck also, needless to say i barely made it through one season

haha, of course there are lacrosse programs in the beverly hills of norcal :lol:

i have a friend from encinitas (san diego) though and he says lots of douchebag socal types down there play it

a couple dudes that i know through some friends back home have a punk band called dolph lundgren. i saw them once, they started one song with the intro to trapped under ice. i thought that was funny.