USA hockey out of contention

cthulufhtagn said:
i would agree lundqvist has proven to be the better goalie so far, but in a tournament setting when you're on fire like niittymaki is that counts for a lot. should be quite the matchup :kickass:

Absolutely, any goalie who can get hot as hell over a 2-week tourney can shift the entire tourney in favor of his team.

WÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ HOCKEY OLYMPIC MEDAL WÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ!!!!!!!!1

yes.. and no. Got In Flames and Mastodon last time, that was no fun but I can take some gay crappiness for the sake of MAIDEN. I'm gonna buy tix for both Stockholm dates.
hellthrashinsm.gif
<-- should be in the smiley list

awesome game this morning. one of the best ive ever seen.
niiiiitymaki was named tourny mvp or some shit. TOO BAD ONLY SHITTY USA GAMES WERE SHOWN HERE it woulda been nice to see more of finland and sweden

dorian gray said:
awesome game this morning. one of the best ive ever seen.
niiiiitymaki was named tourny mvp or some shit. TOO BAD ONLY SHITTY USA GAMES WERE SHOWN HERE it woulda been nice to see more of finland and sweden

Maybe if you had cable you wouldn've seen every game like the other 70% of the USA did.

Dark One said:
/\ /\

Good post, you present your case for Lundqvist extremely well. I do think that the Olympics hold a high degree of weight as well. There is a ton of importance placed on winning that gold medal and I don't think that the majority of NHLers involved see it as a side competition by any means. I guarantee you it means a lot more to them than the grind of the regular season.

Nittymaki has also had his fair share of accolades. He led the AHL (not exactly a cakewalk league) Philadelphia Phantoms to the title during the lost NHL season, winning Playoff MVP honors in the process.

Anyway, obviously it will be difficult to make a wholly fair assessment about who is the best until a few years down the road. This season, Lundqvist indeed has better regular season numbers.

Bring on tomorrow and bring on Thursday. You can bet, no matter what happens tomorrow, Thursday's game will be extremely important to both goalies. Should make for a great contest.

not that Lundqvist played, but the Rangers didn't need him to :)

I'm bumping this because you forgot to, btw.

6-1 Rangers, LOLLERZ