Valentine's Day

damnromulans

Klingons do not faint
Feb 2, 2010
KLINGON
What do you make of this Hallmark holiday? Doing anything special? Any horrific horror stories?

I'm celebrating Japanese style this year which means I have to do all the work for Valentine's Day but on March 14 ("White Day") he has to do all the work. I haven't done anything yet, I might make a stupid card or something from work.

My girlfriend is coming to Phoenix to visit this weekend, and we're going to Prescott for a night. I don't really give a shit about this holiday; I just care that I'm seeing my girlfriend for the first time in over a month.

That's fine, holiday-related romance is overrated. I was going to give it up on V-Day but I thought I'd be a rebel and do it the weekend before.

@Cythraul that's great - I bet seeing her will make you feel even better :)

Hooking the gf up with the engagement ring I just bought her.
(1/2 carat diamond Marquise solitaire)

And probably just goofing off.

OMG YOU'RE PROPOSING THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Haha Belligerent you said "pics plz" and I delivered. I like rockers and hipsters best but really I just like anyone who doesn't go "ew" when I walk into a room.

Yep, I figured it was about time... I had the money (and might not in the near future)... and it'd be romantic to do on v-day. Everything aligned for it to "work" perfectly, I guess... and it doesnt hurt to know the answer to the question before you ask it.

GOOD LUCK! What are you going to do? I want a play by play. Did you hire a private plane to skywrite your message? Going to do it at karaoke? Oh my gosh other people getting engaged is so romantic. Hearts for eyes, etc.

I don't have a girlfriend, and I'm certainly not interested in a play-by-play of Krow's engagement. What the hell am I doing here?

I will be in Virginia and my g/f will be in New Orleans for Valetine's day. Plan on taking her out to eat somewhere decent when we both come back.

Usually I make about a hundred hearts out of 3x5 cards and write different girls names on them, but since I'm not in college anymore and can't just tape them to everyone's door, and since it would be really costly to mail them, I just bought a pack of eight cards with kittens on them and I'm only mailing them to girls who I want to have sex with.