VARG VIKERNES Says He Has Written Nine Songs For New BURZUM Album

This ought to bew good. I can't wait to hear it. I'm very curious about how well he's maintained his vocals, writing and musical style. I mean, if Norwegian prison is anything like American prison, he couldn't have been abled to practice playing guitar, there's no way in hell he could practice his vocals, the majority of personnel and inmates would want to beat the shit out of him for that kind of stuff. Will he sound anything like what he used to?

This ought to bew good. I can't wait to hear it. I'm very curious about how well he's maintained his vocals, writing and musical style. I mean, if Norwegian prison is anything like American prison, he couldn't have been abled to practice playing guitar, there's no way in hell he could practice his vocals, the majority of personnel and inmates would want to beat the shit out of him for that kind of stuff. Will he sound anything like what he used to?

Norwegian prisons is much like swedish prisons from what I hear. Very much the opposite to what american prisons are. The prisoners usually live an alright life despite being locked up. The better they behave the more they get access to. Im sure Varg has had access to a guitar. He probably had his own room etc.

Didnt he already write and release music from prison, although it was computer based?

Varg was allowed to have an instrument occasionally in his cell, as evident in this passage from an interview in 2005:

To quote a recent article you wrote, "In a sense it was the Golden Age of Burzum - that had its natural end when I was imprisoned in August 1993". Why did the spirit of Burzum change so much when you were imprisoned?

You probably misunderstand what I wrote in that article. The spirit of Burzum never changed, but my ability to make music changed dramatically when I was imprisoned. It is more or less impossible to record music in prison, and the only music I could record was electronic music, when I was allowed to have a synthesizer for a few months in 1994 or 1995 and in 1998. After a few months with a synthesizer in the cell in 1998, I had to choose between my synthesizer and my laptop computer, because the prison authorities didn't let me have both at the same time (for "security reasons"), and I chose to have the computer in the cell, believing I could make music anyhow, by using some music program. But the prison authority had other ideas, claiming I didn't have an "extraordinary need" to have a music program enabling me to make music on the computer. So without a music program I couldn't make any more music from then on. That is actually the main reason I haven't released any records since 1999; to install a music program I need a CD-ROM, and all CDs are banned in this prison (for "security reasons").

Anyhow, since I have a guitar, at least I can make music now, but I have to wait until I get out before I can record anything.

Fuck YES!!!!

I'm totally wetting myself over this!!!! Best news since his release, and that photograph of him playing is fucking EPIC!

Jeez you're so fucking EMO

burzum.jpg

I like how much that picture is bothering people

Seriously.

So now officialy, I'm getting enough of this, all he fucking people, just shut the fucking fuck up about this. Just shut your fucking fuck up.

burzum.jpg

Guess he is wanking all over this news too. Fuck Varg, fuck everything his done. Its 100% shit. And that was my opinion.

That would be GAAHL wanking all over those news!