Velvet Cacoon are really fucking good, sirs!

fukfukfuc kfukfucfguc said:
where once there was a thread before there is now a large smoldering crater

Evolution in action, my friend. Like the hand of god, I step in and send failed threads to extinction.

I'm probably the only one of the few on here that enjoys Velvet Cacoon's later stuff more than their black metal.

Europa Ascendent said:
The whole concept of 'shoegazer' music is so horrendously buggered that it ought to be beyond the pale even for card-carrying faggots. Mawkish, maudlin, morose, moronic - teenage angst gussied up as 'mature' moping - pretentious in the way that only shit aimed at liberal arts undergrads can be, shoegazer is the very definition of fail.
itp we call something pretentious by struggling to find 6 different adjectives starting with "m" so we can try and look intellectual by using alliteration for no good reason whatsoever

Also, if this thread is going to continue being not about Velvet Cacoon but more about Cythraul, polarity and that random ANUS faggot seeing who can be more of a mawkish, maudlin, morose, moronic internet cunt then it's going to be locked faster than you can say DEATHCULT FOR ETERNITY - THE TRIUMPH IS SUPERIOR NEO-CLASSICAL ART. I GET IT

I feel I should note that I didn't mean to come off like a condescending dick for implying that this album is somehow better for being less "black metal" or whatever (although I can't deny that I'm fucking tired of the aesthetic of most BM bands), just that the approach is interesting.

i guess it is foolish to expect the monkeys who frequent the GMD to respect a fanatic Rilo Kiley fan :erk:

ah well, Genvieve > most black metal

Erik said:
itp we call something pretentious by struggling to find 6 different adjectives starting with "m" so we can try and look intellectual by using alliteration for no good reason whatsoever
if you want this to stay on topic you should probably post something about velvet cacoon instead of criticizing a posters rhetorical use

Velvet Cacoon are one of the two top bands to come from the US in recent years, the other of course being Agalloch. Funny that they are both from Oregon, both from Portland as well if I am correct.

Anyways, I enjoy both their black metal material, Genevieve mostly, and their dream pop - shoegaze stuff. I do agree with you SV about them transcending black metal and what not, for they have done so much more than most black metal will ever do.

However, coming from someone who likes Ulver's electronica stuff, take that as you will.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Velvet Cacoon are one of the two top bands to come from the US in recent years, the other of course being Agalloch. Funny that they are both from Oregon, both from Portland as well if I am correct.

Anyways, I enjoy both their black metal material, Genevieve mostly, and their dream pop - shoegaze stuff. I do agree with you SV about them transcending black metal and what not, for they have done so much more than most black metal will ever do.

However, coming from someone who likes Ulver's electronica stuff, take that as you will.
There seems to be a general hatred of bands who transcend black metal

we all know originality is the enemy of TR00 KVLT BLACK METAL