Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Oblivion was a pretty weak game. I'm pissed off. The gameplay gets so redundant and boring by the 3rd or 4th trip to that alternate evil world where you have to hunt down those dudes or whatever....fuuuuuuuuck.

Morrowind was WAY better!

The thing I noticed about playing Oblivion... If I completely ignored the main quests and just fucked around with all the side shit, especially the Dark Brotherhood shit, the game was so much more fun.

When I played Oblivion I didn't even do any of the main quest. I did all the Brotherhood and all that stuff. I loved it.

I created my own story.

Patrick Stewart was killed by several cloaked Trekkie's whom were dissatisfied with Star Trek: Nemesis... The End.

Holy fuck the new AOC beta patch is great... I'm extremely excited for retail now considering this one patch just whacked out every bug I was having and upped my performance greatly.

Edit: The Graphics are improved, and with this, the FPS is going through the roof. I'm getting nearly 75 in Tortage where I was getting 30-35 with as low as 10 before. The combat is completely fluid. The GUI has some upgraded icons and looks... this is great. And I had my doubts about the launch.

Yeah, big framerate bump, the new skills are great (run speed!? OH YES), the icons are good, some other niceties...

Except all of my characters currently in tortage night make the game crash. :( I wanted to get my guardian to 20 and see if I like tha tbetter. Guess I'm going Barb and having a guardian alt.

I thought rolling a dps class but I'm thinking about being a guardian.... how are they?? Are they fun? I'm kinda tired of being a DPSer.

I've trying to not stance dance as much as possible... with the right aura's in defensive stance, the Dark Templar can be a pretty impenetrable fortress. Not only is damage cut down, but you're recovering most of what the enemy is whacking you for with a few simple draining skills. It's great.

Although, one downside to the Dark Templar, these higher level combo's have huge cooldowns... we're talking 45 seconds for some. But, its easily equated by using some lower level combos imbetween cooldowns that can cause a bit of damage.

Also, the feat allowing me to get stamina from drains... coolest, and most useful, fucking thing EVER.

Definitely doing Dark Templar for my first launch build.

God dammit, have to pick up PC Gamer since they're giving keycodes for a Totem of Origins. Basically, that lets you teleport back to your homeland city once every day. That'll be useful considering the cooldown and bounding on Path of Asura. On the other hand, PC Gamer is balls and I hate gaming magazines since all the news is 2 months old in them.

Definitely doing Dark Templar for my first launch build.

Awesome. I've heard that 1 v 1s between guardians and DTs last for ages and sometimes just won't end.

And fuck PC Gamer, even though I'd love to have that totem, my guess is its probably available through some annoying quest in game. At least will be.

Yeah... I'm thinking I may just pry one of the issues open in the store and take a picture of the code like a dickwad. I hate paying 8 bucks for a god damn magazine.