Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

So, no one around here likes old games like Betrayal at Krondor, Quest for Glory, Ultima, Blood etc..? :bah:

I also like stealth games. I hope I can find my game soul mate one day.. it has to be a girl, though. Guys have no taste ;) (oh yeah, I'm so going to get flamed now).
I'm currently playing Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and I'm a little bit disappointed so far. The character's symptoms of fear (especially the agonizing inability to hold balance) are gone. Basically, it lacks the sense of real horror the first game was able to transmit. It's not a bad game, though, I just grew fond of the freak out scenes of the first one. Everyone loves a coward ;)

Nope, when those games came out I either not playing on pc or was playing Lucasarts games and id software games.

Bioshock Infinite- What started as an amazing game became the worst disappointment of my entire life. I waited for yeeeaaaarrrrrsss. Let me say that the original Bioshock is my favorite game of all time. Infinite is a good game by itself, but not memorable to me in any way and absolutely not worthy of the "Bioshock" name. it's a totally different kind of playing experience, but unfortunately in all of the wrong ways. there is simply no immersion. feels like they decided to make it a Bioshock game like 40% into its completion. Just another shooter.
Last of Us - LOVED it. one of the best games ever made
Diablo 3 - just getting around to it (with the recent ps3 release) AWESOME
GTA5 - still haven't had a spare $60 to totally waste

anyone play Metro: Last Light? supposed to be a great apocalypse-type 1st person shooter/RPG. i am intrigued.

I bought a punch of old PSX RPGs on my ps3 that I haven't played in awhile, maybe in the near future i'll replay them, but I haven't played video games in forever

Should I get a PS3 or a PS4? I don't understand what the 4 adds. Are the graphics significantly better?

Have some serious issues with the ending to Mass Effect 3. Not for the same whiny reasons a lot of the gamer fanboys have, but rather the plot device used.

I'm not buying any explanation I've read about so far, though the indoctrination theory offers the best premises for taking a satisfying leave from the game, so I'm going for a customized version of it that I want to be the ending, even though it's flawed and stupid.

In essence it's not a bad way to end the game, and the whole sequence works as an emotional ride, but the writers disregarded just too much of what the previous games had established as physical and game-historical facts.

I'm not buying any explanation I've read about so far, though the indoctrination theory offers the best premises for taking a satisfying leave from the game, so I'm going for a customized version of it that I want to be the ending, even though it's flawed and stupid. In essence it's not a bad way to end the game, and the whole sequence works as an emotional ride, but the writers disregarded just too much of what the previous games had established as physical and game-historical facts.

This sums up pretty much my attitude. Second time Playing the series with all downloadable content was more satisfying

I've played the three games back to back since February and it was a great and involving experience overall. ME2 is the strongest of the lot by quite a stretch. ME3 had moments of sheer brilliance allowed by the decidedly movie-oriented direction, but on the other hand had a horrible side quest and planet exploration system which took the wind out of its sails to an extent, while in ME2 everything fell into place as a progressing story.

I can feel the replay value the series will have in a couple years, which is a strong point as I usually don't see the point in replaying RPGs.

Anyway good job Bioware, wasn't actually expecting to enjoy these games after Dragons Age did nothing for me.

Interesting, as I feel ME2 was a handled poorly for things discussed in the first game. Never bothered with the third.

Thanks man! I was going to donate it but figured eh, what the hell, some collector probably wants my bunk junk, and why not give eButt some money to keep us all salivating at the proverbial teat of Other People's Garbage?