Video Games Thread

I totally understand the appeal of MMORPGs but I can't get into them myself because there is no real sense of conclusion. That is why I dig the single player console RPGs so much. There is a beginning, middle, and end.

It usually doesn't take three months to go from level 64-65 too!

Well, i don't get too much time to enjoy my PS2 - but i must say that Resident Evil 4 is awesome. I also enjoyed God of War very much. Maybe when the new album is done i get some more time to molest my console again :kickass:

:devil:

Well, i don't get too much time to enjoy my PS2 - but i must say that Resident Evil 4 is awesome. I also enjoyed God of War very much. Maybe when the new album is done i get some more time to molest my console again :kickass:

Michael also into games? :)
So when is Pyramaze gonna make a full Castlevania song...maybe as bonus track? :headbang:
...sorry..just wishfull thinking ;)

Given that you have so much to do it is not surprising. I work full time and go to college full time (getting a history/teaching degree) so my gaming days are pretty much zilch. However,... I always find a way :lol:

The Orange Box and Call of Duty 4 are my top favourites at the moment. Also psyched as fuck for Smash Bros. Brawl! As for the lifestyle that is Halo, well... I'm not going to say much on that subject... I think the 3 games are decent at best though. :) If I wanted some good solid ass kicking fun though, I'd play Team Fortress 2.

i just got the Wii and its pretty much the first video game thing ive ever played. I got the new zelda game and call of duty 3. its pretty fun.

Two words and one number for you my good sir: METROID PRIME 3!!

Now you must purchase this game, play it, and come back to report the results of the experience. :D

i just got the Wii and its pretty much the first video game thing ive ever played. I got the new zelda game and call of duty 3. its pretty fun.

And you sir, are exactly the target market for the pathetic excuse of a console. People who are casual gamers and inexperienced ones who get lured in by the "interactive" fun offered by the goofy controllers.

Although I must give it to Nintendo.

Mario Galaxy is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. If only they expended more effort on the rest of the steamer of a console's game library. The Wii has potential for innovation, but so far the damn thing is filled with games only a 90 year old woman (Wii Tennis??!!??) or a two year old (various entires into the Nickolodeon and My little Pny/Digimon franchises) would like.

Give me a break.

Okay, I'm planning on buying a Xbox360 (mostly for Mass Effect, and of course Assassin's Creed while I'm at it), but I'm somewhat confused. First of all, how important are the hard drives that are part of the Elite and Premium models? Second of all, how much does the quality suffer if you only have an older TV (and by older I mean not LCD or plasma)? Third, would there be any sense in using the computer screen instead of a TV? =D

Okay, I'm planning on buying a Xbox360 (mostly for Mass Effect, and of course Assassin's Creed while I'm at it), but I'm somewhat confused. First of all, how important are the hard drives that are part of the Elite and Premium models? Second of all, how much does the quality suffer if you only have an older TV (and by older I mean not LCD or plasma)? Third, would there be any sense in using the computer screen instead of a TV? =D

To answer one of your questions - if you're buying Mass Effect and you don't have an HD TV, prepare to squint like hell to see most of the text in the game.

Dead Rising I could barely play cause I didn't know what the hell the NPCs were saying to me nor could I read any of the on-screen instructions.

To answer one of your questions - if you're buying Mass Effect and you don't have an HD TV, prepare to squint like hell to see most of the text in the game.

Hmm, that sounds troublesome. :/ I've done some more research and I've got the image that using my PC screen would actually be a very good idea. I've got quite an old 19'' screen, well capable of running 1280x1024, so the first HD 720p should be attainable (which is supposed to be a major improvement when comparing to a normal non-HD TV). It seems the only thing is to buy a VGA-cable for the Xbox, and everything would be set. Any thoughts on this idea?

Dead Rising I could barely play cause I didn't know what the hell the NPCs were saying to me nor could I read any of the on-screen instructions.

Thats not true i don't play hd - tv have no problems with it what so ever ;-) ,
and if your going to buy any console go for the 360 ^^, as thorns said wii has to limited a choice for good games and playstation 3 is still more expensive :lol: ( although they are dropping there prices like crazy )

and if your going to buy any console go for the 360 ^^, as thorns said wii has to limited a choice for good games and playstation 3 is still more expensive :lol: ( although they are dropping there prices like crazy )

Yeah, the price of a PS3 here in Finland is equivalent to a Xbox360 Elite, which is actually quite cheap because of the Blue-Ray it has. It's just that most games I'd like to play are either on both PS3 and Xbox, or then only on Xbox (Mass Effect on only Xbox, and Assassin's Creed on both).

Yeah, the price of a PS3 here in Finland is equivalent to a Xbox360 Elite, which is actually quite cheap because of the Blue-Ray it has. It's just that most games I'd like to play are either on both PS3 and Xbox, or then only on Xbox (Mass Effect on only Xbox, and Assassin's Creed on both).

The PS3's price is quite reasonable with the newer model, which is why i'll be picking one up this holiday season at some wallmart special or something.

However, there is a major cost with the price reduction, which is the removal of backwards compatability entirely. That is frankly quite lame.

But its is better than 600 bucks a pop, it is paving the way of people of lesser means to pick up the system. The sales of the PS3 beat out the sales of the mighty Wii in japan last month despite the release of mario sunshine... that has the peeps over @ Sony Japan heaving a sigh of releaf

And you sir, are exactly the target market for the pathetic excuse of a console. People who are casual gamers and inexperienced ones who get lured in by the "interactive" fun offered by the goofy controllers.

Mario Galaxy is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. If only they expended more effort on the rest of the steamer of a console's game library. The Wii has potential for innovation, but so far the damn thing is filled with games only a 90 year old woman (Wii Tennis??!!??) or a two year old (various entires into the Nickolodeon and My little Pny/Digimon franchises) would like.

Give me a break.

I agree completely. I actually bought my Wii about 2 months ago in anticipation for Mario Galaxy, and I got Zelda to tide me over until then. Those are the only 2 games I have for it right now, and while Mario Galaxy is most definitely a masterpiece I actually prefer the Gamecube version of Zelda (which I got the day it came out last year). I did enjoy the Wii version since it is mirrored from the gamecube one which was cool, but the controls feel alot better on the gamecube to me, on the Wii they just feel like they were an afterthought or something. Besides Mario and Zelda, the only other game I have any interest in at all for Wii is metroid prime 3, which I will probably be picking up soon. That being said, even though there are hardly any games that I can be bothered with for the Wii I'm still glad I bought it just from the joy that Mario Galaxy has given me :lol:.

Rocking to Castlevania clocktower theme by Jonah :headbang:

This type of stuff suites very well to metal. One good metal band should pick this stuff up some day and make a whole album of this stuff, but with vocals...that would kick some serious ass

I have been waiting a long time for a good metal band to pay tribute to Castlevania music by doing a cover of a popular track like "Bloody Tears" or "Vampire's Kiss". In my wildest dreams I would prefer that band be Symphony X as not only I love them but I think that their style fits well to do it. I think that they would do a good job in giving it their own touch without taking away from the integrity of the original song as well. But really I would be happy with any decent metal band doing it.

Just for fun's sake here is a video I found of someone playing guitar to "Bloody Tears".

Last edited by a moderator:

Give me a break.

Sorry, but this is a little bit insulting to me (and also maybe paranoidmexican?)
Everyone has their own taste and that doesn't has to mean that we don't know better/ are 90 years old/ kids/ complete retards
To speak for myself...the development of consoles the past years focused too much on graphics for my taste. So I like the new, fresh approach of Nintendo.
And the sillyness of certain games is just the nintendo style...you love it or you hate it.
And if you like the ps3 or xbox games and approach maybe better, than that is your taste and that's ok with me.

Sorry, but this is a little bit insulting to me (and also maybe paranoidmexican?)
Everyone has their own taste and that doesn't has to mean that we don't know better/ are 90 years old/ kids/ complete retards
To speak for myself...the development of consoles the past years focused too much on graphics for my taste. So I like the new, fresh approach of Nintendo.
And the sillyness of certain games is just the nintendo style...you love it or you hate it.
And if you like the ps3 or xbox games and approach maybe better, than that is your taste and that's ok with me.

Hah hah hah... umm.. I never said the system was only for those groups mentioned. Simply that the target market was aimed towards the following: Young kids, casual gamers (the group I feel most Wii players thus far belong to, and the market Nintendo is aiming at the most) and older gamers. It has a more accessible series of games with very little development time, so they can churn games out like there is no tomorrow. The statement was in no way shape or form a criticism on those who play the system.

Naturally everyone has their own tastes. Hence, I am stating my opinion of the system, not yours, nor am I condemning anyone for liking it. However, to me it is a console with a different purpose, not for the diehard or mature gamer. Of course it will release games that do not apply to this mold, but overall the system has not only not impressed me, it is laughable.

guys, i'll never end if i gonna post all my fucking favorites videogames, but i love so much the RPG's games, (FF's, Chrono Trigger & Chross, Dragon Quest, Legend of ..., etc.), CAPCOM, SQUARE and KONAMI series like Megaman, Resident Evil - RE2 my favorite one -, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear, and a lont etc...but, fuck, i don't have time this year to play...i loved to play GUITAR HERO....i wanna play some Pyramaze song on that hehe...could be great!

Well, that by now...KUPOOOOO!!!! (someone played FF IX, if you did, you'll understand WHY my nickname is KUPOBarlow)