Video Games Thread

So i've been playing Soul Caliber 2 a lot, and it always reminds me of how much better it is than the third one. 3 is so freaking unbalanced it is ridiculous.

Favorite fighting series? And DO NOT say Tekken.

you are absolutely right about soul calibur 2 being better then 3. the controls on 3 suck ass.

you are absolutely right about soul calibur 2 being better then 3. the controls on 3 suck ass.

Not only that, but the characters are WAY unbalanced. Rock? Come on.

Voldo can kill anyone, hands down. Ivy is too powerful if you know how to use her, Talim is unstoppable.

Its not down to "anyone is good if you play with them right"

The developers themselves confirmed my suspicion when I read this interview about the development of SCIV.

They said the main thing they want to right from III is character balance. It is SO noticeable.

Not that it matters. I can kill anyone with any character... when im playing against friends I have to choose random just to make them feel like they may have a chance. PWWWNZZ

my favorite serie is a classic...STREET FIGHTER'S XD...i like so much Street Fighter III strike's...the moves are so technic and the combos are great too...:kickass:...Gouki (Akuma) is my favorite character ever...and Ken/Ryu too :rofl:

Someone mentioned the Power Glove and well... I just couldn't help it... :D

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Soul Calibur series is the only fully 3-D fighting game that I actually like a good bit. Other than that, I stick to 2-D fighting games, and I am a HUGE fighting game fan. As for Stree Fighter I was into it back during the old SFII days; however, I wasn't able to play the Alpha games at first because I didn't own a psone. By the time I finally got one it wasn't long before Alpha 3 came out on it and I played the hell out of that. Never got into 3rd Strike because only my friend had a Dreamcast, plus we could never get used to the horrible dreamcast controllers to have any real fun with it. It wasn't until it came out on ps2 on the SF Anniversary Collection that I got to really play it. Even though I now have it I haven't spent much time with it because it just felt a little late to really get into it.

Over the past several years now my main/favorite fighting game of choice has been the Guilty Gear series. Not that the game itself isn't awesome enough, but what makes it even greater for me is that the creator of the series is a huge metal fan. He composes all the music for the series which consists of guitar/metal riff tracks. Also, character names and moves are mostly all references of rock/metal bands and people.

As for Street Fighter I am also excited and hoping for the new SFIV to come out sometime this year.

Seriously... I have never played Guilty Gear until XX... but DAMN those games are ridiculous fun.

Like, insanely fun. I had a 12 hour marathon with my girl's brother. Our fingers were LITERALLY bleeding after that one.

I haven't played many games in ages. Used to alot, when I had fuck all else to do.

Been moslty playing the shit games I got for psp (good psp games are hard to find). Although I will pick up Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth thanks to Thorns On My Grave. I heard it has really slow gameplay, but I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, so I'll get over it.

Shitload of games I play(ed) on different consoles (old and new) I may post them later.

I haven't played many games in ages. Used to alot, when I had fuck all else to do.

Been moslty playing the shit games I got for psp (good psp games are hard to find). Although I will pick up Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth thanks to Thorns On My Grave. I heard it has really slow gameplay, but I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, so I'll get over it.

Shitload of games I play(ed) on different consoles (old and new) I may post them later.

VP Lenneth is a monster of an Epic... and its about Vikings... can't go wrong!

they aren't hard to find .... you jsut need to know where to look :p

Try some PS1 converted to psp such as suikoden 1 / 2 and legend of legaia al 3 are awesome

Reviving the damned thread so I can gloat... I blew 2600 bucks yesterday on:

Samsung 40'' high def LCD
X-Box 360 Elite
Lost Odyssey
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Two Worlds
Gears of War

Yesssss.... So beautiful

Reviving the damned thread so I can gloat... I blew 2600 bucks yesterday on:

Samsung 40'' high def LCD
X-Box 360 Elite
Lost Odyssey
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Two Worlds
Gears of War

Yesssss.... So beautiful

I hate you, you gloating bastard.

Nah, man. Have fun, I heard that Two Worlds is crap, though. You should have got Mass Effect instead. Despite having no melee weapens it's a awesome game.