Vintersorg explores Prog Rock

Vintersorg said:
It's a bit hard to describe as it's kind of vast musci that crosses serveral genre-borders. I don't hear Opeth in it though..but I guess Mikael and I like the same bands..so from that perspective it may have some similar points.

mr V

Yeah I guess we will have to wait and see until we find out what the album is actually going be like and comparing it to other bands material really doesn't work since everything you do usually seems to be so original and have a distinct Vintersorg "Flair" to it. Cant wait! (even though in New Zealand it will be near impossible to find ;) ). Just wondering what bands do both you and Mikael share similar tastes in?

I still dont get how you can do all these projects and not spread yourself thin, you must have a lot of musical energy inside your head Mr. V. I guess your one hell of a taskmaster then.

To bad that Steve is gone, but I guess it had to happen sometime.

Have you guys already started recording the new Borknagar Andreas? Or do you still have that on your plate?

midevil elf, it would be cool to have that good of time management skills wouldn't it? :p

winter-frost said:
To bad that Steve is gone, but I guess it had to happen sometime.

Have you guys already started recording the new Borknagar Andreas? Or do you still have that on your plate?

midevil elf, it would be cool to have that good of time management skills wouldn't it? :p

I was refering to the Waterfield album..I do the bass on that myself.

We've just entered the recording for the Borknagar album..Öystein did the basics of the acoustic guitars last week..so I'm waiting for some samples to work with..it's OK to work with vocals to the pre-prod..but the real deal triggers you even more.

mr V