Bracket #3
Moonsorrow vs. Immortal
Kreator vs. Neurosis

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden vs. Amorphis
Primordial vs. Drudkh <-----Battle of the RC Titans

Zod

Dick Sirloin said:
I don't think Falkenbach is anywhere NEAR the reverence of the first 3 Ulvers on this board... many even like the later stuff.

it's the same damned thing

I chose a "newer" band who is indeed cult-worshipped over a heavyweight old school titan

you did the same

P.S. Ulver has 3 good albums, that's it

Bracket #1
Judas Priest vs. Ulver
Metallica vs Negura Bunget

Bracket #2
Falkenbach vs. Black Sabbath
Carcass vs. Destroyer 666

Bracket #3
Moonsorrow vs. Immortal
Kreator vs. Neurosis

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden vs. Amorphis
Primordial vs. Drudkh

why are people still arguing over reasons for choosing which band to vote for? 'kin dumb, and a waste of time if you ask me! go ahead and do it if its what floats your boat, but... it all seems a little pointless given the discussion in the last thread

Demilich said:
I wonder if my vote in Primordial/Drudkh would be different at all if I could understand both bands' lyrics.
Well, let's look and see:

Music - tie
Lyrics - Primordial. Even if we knew what the fuck Drudkh was saying, the odds of their lyrics being on Primordial's level is remote
Vocals - NEMTHEANGA

Zod

General Zod said:
Music - tie
Lyrics - Primordial. Even if we knew what the fuck Drudkh was saying, the odds of their lyrics being on Primordial's level is remote
Vocals - NEMTHEANGA

You never know about Drudkh's lyrics. We all know the subject matter, but the guy could be a poet of the highest order for all my exposure to the Ukranian language!

edit: and if we're talking purely music, I might be inclined to go with Drudkh over Primordial. Alan's just such a huge part of that band for me.

all I know is, Primordial better win something ... as Nemtheanga knows where Gugs lives

Judas Priest
Metallica

Bracket #2
Black Sabbath
Destroyer 666

Bracket #3
Moonsorrow
Kreator

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden
Primordial

Actually, that was pretty easy.

MadeInNewJersey said:
it's the same damned thing

I chose a "newer" band who is indeed cult-worshipped over a heavyweight old school titan

you did the same

P.S. Ulver has 3 good albums, that's it

Sabbath and Priest = about the same amount of veneration
Ulver's first 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> (in terms of "veneration") falkenbach
simple algebra

"Perdition City" and "A Quick Fix of Melancholy" rule supreme, don't let all that Carolina-sex destroy your brain. :loco:

Goddammit I'm too high for math

Let a stand for Priest and Sabbath
and say Ulver is worhiped twice as much as Falkenbach
a + 2 > a + 1
Vegas odds.

Ulver
Metallica

Black Sabbath
Carcass

Neurosis (I've never heard Kreator and I don't care, they aren't better than Neurosis :loco: ) Edit: there I listened to 30 seconds of Kreator. Nope, Neurosis are way better.

Iron Maiden
Drudkh

Bracket #1
Judas Priest vs. Ulver
Metallica vs. Negura Bunget

Bracket #2
Falkenbach vs. Black Sabbath
Carcass vs. Deströyer 666

Bracket #3
Moonsorrow vs. Immortal
Kreator vs. Neurosis

Bracket #4
Iron Maiden vs. Amorphis
Primordial vs. Drudkh (Slayer, DsO and now Primordial, Drudkh are going to win this thing :lol: )

NADatar said:
Neurosis (I've never heard Kreator and I don't care, they aren't better than Neurosis :loco: )

How is it that you love Slayer but won't give equally bland thrash bands a fair shot?

Ellestin said:
(Slayer, DsO and now Primordial, Drudkh are going to win this thing )

I'm counting 11-5 or something for Primordial!