The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

While the Emo/Screamo qualities would taint my review, I will say that the playing is pretty good, and the production is damn good for a demo...

Yeah...it really surprised me...they did a great job. My oldest son will have a demo coming out soon for the ska/punk band he just left. He was the drummer.

My son in the screamo band is Nicholas...he's the light blonde haired kid in the pics.

Now the 2nd half of Dark Empire's full album stream is up on our myspace. These 4 songs make up "The Apparition Sequence" which is a suite that deals with encounters with the supernatural. Out of anything I've ever written, I am the most proud of this suite. It encompasses everything Dark Empire is about. (click banner link in sig)

On a more personal note, I can't express how frustrated/angry I am that this album has hit so many delays, for one reason or another. The shit FINALLY is going up for purchase digitally on our snocap store within the next 24 hours though, so I am at least happy that has gone through. As far as the physical CDs being ready, we probably won't see them until the end of the month. :mad: I'm more pissed off that it looks like we're dicking the fans around, which we certainly aren't, its just so hard to get things done right on time when you're working at such a small level in an industry that isn't doing so hot right now, and the most recent delays were 100% out of the bands hands, we just had to sit and wait.

Just had to vent all that... anywho, check the shiz!

You know what you should do Matt? Kill the ones responsible for the delays, put their heads on a stick and eat their hearts for their courage.

So the album is now "officially" out via our myspace snocap store. Anyone who prefers buying digitally should check it out, I used 320kbps mp3 files, so the audio is CD quality, for the same price as itunes. (once again, click banner in sig).

HEADS UP!

If you like quality metal with great vocals, you owe it yourself to check this one out! It`s really refreshing to hear a musically ambitious metal album that isn`t all about "look how complex this all can get". Not that I have anything against occasional musical masturbation but sometimes it`s just good to hear plain great song writing that leaves space for the vocalist. Of course there is some obligatory shredding going on (courtesy of Jeff Loomis and James Murphy as guests) but the main focus is on vocals.

Check it out! :headbang:

PS: I know some of you will say: "It`s just too straight forward for me" but no can do, you`re just so prog... :)

HEADS UP!

If you like quality metal with great vocals, you owe it yourself to check this one out! It`s really refreshing to hear a musically ambitious metal album that isn`t all about "look how complex this all can get". Not that I have anything against occasional musical masturbation but sometimes it`s just good to hear plain great song writing that leaves space for the vocalist. Of course there is some obligatory shredding going on (courtesy of Jeff Loomis and James Murphy as guests) but the main focus is on vocals.

Check it out! :headbang:

PS: I know some of you will say: "It`s just too straight forward for me" but no can do, you`re just so prog... :)

Album of the year so far for me. I love Warrel's voice, melodies, and lyrics, and this album is some of the best I've heard from him. Can't wait for Jeff's solo album either.

i recorded an instrumental song with my digitech gnx3K for a local music contest, and i uploaded it here: http://www.fishbonerecords.com/bandsfest/audio.swf

it's the song called instruone, by J.A.M (which stands for the band members' names - Julian, Antonis, Marios), scroll down and you will find it

if you like it vote!

(i don't know if this is the right place to post this)

Pretty good; parts of it remind me of Petrucci's solo stuff and even some LTE. I hear some Circus Maximus in there, too. The fast riff in the middle is badass, and the tail end of it at one point is very Symphony X-influenced (think Eve of Seduction).

Nice solo, too; especially the spidery riff. Are you the guitarist?

By the way, there is a thread for posting your own music; scroll down and you will find it.

SymX's manager also manages King's X, & I know we have a few King's X fans here, so I thought I'd pass this along..

News Update 05.20.08: World Management would like to announce that today is release day for Kings X's new CD "XV". Already being called by many critics the best album since "Dogman", the band and I are extremely excited about this release. In an effort to try to get the band back on the Billboard top 200 chart, we are asking all die hard fans to buy their album this week. Thanks you all for your support and we will see you on tour this summer.