The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

The first weekend of August 2008 SUSPYRE, ODIN’S COURT, and DARK EMPIRE will be playing together to promote their new album releases and to join forces for three amazing nights of prog metal! The shows are open to all ages (21+ to drink).

Friday, August 1st
The Knitting Factory (Old Office Room)
New York City
Doors Open: 6:30 p.m.
$10 advance, $12 door
Tickets available at: http://www.knittingfactory.com or Ticketmaster

Saturday, August 2nd
(Sponsored by USA Progressive Music)
Crocodile Rock Café
Café Under Room
520 W. Hamilton St.
Allentown, PA 18101
Doors Open: 7:00 p.m.
$12 advance, $15 door
Tickets will be available at:
http://www.crocodilerockcafe.com/

Sunday, August 3rd
Jaxx Nightclub
6355 Rolling Road
Springfield, VA
Doors Open: 5:00 p.m.
$12 advance, $15 door
Tickets available at:
http://www.jaxxroxx.com

SUSPYRE will be releasing its third album, When Time Fades… this September. ODIN’S COURT will be releasing a new album, Deathanity, through ProgRock Records on July 15th and DARK EMPIRE will release its sophomore album, Humanity Dethroned, the end of June through Killzone Records.

Sounds cool Matt. I'll be at the Jaxx show. Do you know the order y'all are playing in yet? The worst case scenario is that I have to bail early to make it to work at 1030 so it shouldn't be an issue, but we'll see.

Matt, you know I'll be at the Knitting Factory show. :headbang: And this time, I'll probably have a better chance of getting more people to come since it's not in the deepest corners of Brooklyn. :lol:

Well, that show was pretty poorly promoted, not to mention we're nobody's.

Have you looked into heading up to The Chance ? Not worth it ? To hard to get into ? Seems like you should be able to open a wide varity of metal shows. How is the metal scene in NYC ?

NYC's metal scene is great since pretty much every band comes through here when they go on tour. As for the camaraderie between brothers of metal, I wouldn't be able to tell you about that.

just wanted to make this known:

Due to constant reliability and commitment issues, Samus has been fired from Dark Empire. We realize this is cutting it close to the live dates that were just recently announced, but Sam has made his choices and there is nothing we can do about it, so we are looking for a fill in ASAP.

We are looking for someone within the NJ / NYC area that can commit to at least the 3 shows that are booked for the first weekend of August. No further commitment is required, but it will of course be taken under consideration if it is desired. Please send a bio, picture, and either an mp3, myspace page, or youtube video demonstrating your drumming ability to mmoliti@mac.com or reply to our myspace.

-----------------

This literally happened an hour ago. Not going to air my dirty laundry, everything that needs to be said was said in that post.

Damn, man. That sucks. He was a really good drummer, but it's impossible to keep a band going when there are commitment issues.

It looks like this show is already being promoted better than the last one, so it should do much better. I'm far away, so make sure to post pics or something.

just wanted to make this known:

Due to constant reliability and commitment issues, Samus has been fired from Dark Empire. We realize this is cutting it close to the live dates that were just recently announced, but Sam has made his choices and there is nothing we can do about it, so we are looking for a fill in ASAP.

We are looking for someone within the NJ / NYC area that can commit to at least the 3 shows that are booked for the first weekend of August. No further commitment is required, but it will of course be taken under consideration if it is desired. Please send a bio, picture, and either an mp3, myspace page, or youtube video demonstrating your drumming ability to mmoliti@mac.com or reply to our myspace.

-----------------

This literally happened an hour ago. Not going to air my dirty laundry, everything that needs to be said was said in that post.

Fuck! That sucks! Sorry to hear about this Matt! Good luck in finding a replacement ASAP! :mad: