The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

And who might THAT be?
One of the bands rocks - Suspyre. Have you heard/seen them? They smoke. I saw them live once and they were tight.

The other band is, um, eh, well, they are okay - I guess. Zeus' Hall or something like that. Well, personally I think they suck, but who am I to judge? :saint:

That band that never plays west of Baltimore! :lol: j/k
Did you complete grade school? Last time I checked San Fran is west of Baltimore! :O :p :) ;) :lol:

ya know I wish you guys the best of luck & success with this.
I know, you rock! Thanks. :) And I'm hoping that ONE day you can make it to one of our shows...

just wanted to make this known:

Due to constant reliability and commitment issues, Samus has been fired from Dark Empire. We realize this is cutting it close to the live dates that were just recently announced, but Sam has made his choices and there is nothing we can do about it, so we are looking for a fill in ASAP.

We are looking for someone within the NJ / NYC area that can commit to at least the 3 shows that are booked for the first weekend of August. No further commitment is required, but it will of course be taken under consideration if it is desired. Please send a bio, picture, and either an mp3, myspace page, or youtube video demonstrating your drumming ability to mmoliti@mac.com or reply to our myspace.

-----------------

This literally happened an hour ago. Not going to air my dirty laundry, everything that needs to be said was said in that post.

Wow that sucks man.......Ya know what? Samus used to be in a band called Mutiny, and then all of a sudden he left that band too. I wonder what the issue with this kid is?

300px-CT-p0001-ST.jpg

8! 8 DICKS!

Did you complete grade school? Last time I checked San Fran is west of Baltimore! :O :p :) ;) :lol:

I know, you rock! Thanks. :) And I'm hoping that ONE day you can make it to one of our shows...

Oh, ONE gig like 2200 miles from here....ok, BRAIN SURGEON! :lol:
(you know what I meant! Hehehehehehehe)

Lets hope for Prog Power, and lets hope I get to keep the gig!
(I'll string Pierpont's guitars backwards!) :Smokin:

Here is some updated info on Suspyre, and yes they will be playing with Odin's Court & Dark Empire in August :)

Sensory Records is proud to announce the signing of New Jersey's up-and-coming prog metal all-stars Suspyre. Formed in 2001, these talented, young musicians have discovered an energetic and gifted way of combining progressive rock and symphonic metal with classical and jazz fusion. The band's new album When Time Fades... will be released September 30, 2008.

"We are all very excited about signing to Sensory Records" says Gregg Rossetti, guitarist and founder/composer of Suspyre. "The high-caliber musicians on this label have inspired our band to become what it is and we are now proud to be a part of their family."

October 2005 marked the release of the band's first full-length album, The Silvery Image. Response to the album was so positive that the band was signed to Nightmare Records and followed up with the release of their next album, A Great Divide, in March 2007. The album hit the top 2007 prog metal album charts on websites such as USA Progressive Music, ProgPalaceRadio.com, and Beyond Ear Candy.

To further their goal to develop and perfect their fusion of varied musical inspirations and influences, Suspyre has recorded a third album, When Time Fades… This album is a groovier piece of art with a bit more metallic crunch, and even more variety in the song styles, including an acoustic piece. No one can accuse this band of being formulaic in their composing. When Time Fades… has set the bar even higher than the band's previous albums, not only in music creation but also in the artwork done by Gustavo Sazes (Firewind, Dark Empire, Mystic Prophecy) , and featured guest artists that include drummer Charlie Zeleny (Behold the Arctopus, Blotted Science, Jordan Rudess), and female vocalist Trisha O'Keefe (Amaran's Plight).

Suspyre is also currently trying out musicians for two new positions, seeking a drummer and a keyboardist to fill the line-up of their band for live performances (see below for full audition info).

-----

INFORMATION ABOUT AUDITIONS

Applicants MUST possess the following:

1. A demonstrated ability to play with impeccable timing and accuracy. Knowledge of music theory is a plus.

3. Confidence in themselves but also a willingness to be a team player.

4. Proficiency in playing songs with odd time signatures.

5. Residency on the East Coast (NJ/PA/NY residency is preferred).

6. At least 18 years old. Preferably between the ages of 20 - 30, since the band is relatively young.

7. A familiarity with the SUSPYRE catalog.

8. A flexible work schedule, since should you land the gig you will be asked to do extensive touring with the band and weekend recording sessions.

Drummer must be able to play double bass pedal at the speed of 170 to 180.

Applicants should contact Suspyre's Manager, Jill Hughes at jill@suspyre.com for more information about the audition process. Auditions will be held until positions are filled.

http://www.suspyre.com

http://www.myspace.com/suspyre

http://www.lasersedgegroup.com/

http://www.myspace.com/lasersedge

Sounds cool Matt. I'll be at the Jaxx show. Do you know the order y'all are playing in yet? The worst case scenario is that I have to bail early to make it to work at 1030 so it shouldn't be an issue, but we'll see.

Here is the line-up of the shows:

NY (starts at 7:00 p.m.): Shadow Image (opener), Suspyre, Odin's Court, Dark Empire
PA (starts at 7:30 p.m.): Cypher Seer (tentative opener), Odin's Court, Dark Empire, Suspyre
VA (starts at 5:30 p.m.) : Wisteria, Dark Empire, Odin's Court, Suspyre

progtourposter.jpg

You guys should get Samus to fill in and Dark Empire should get get Jeff to fill in. That would be fun for everyone.

(I'm going to stop trying to cause trouble now:) )