The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

ABQShredHead, you have the best avatar ever. Hops! \m/

Anyway, I've got some songs up, if anyone wants to listen to them. You can follow the link in my signature. The song 'Long-Forgotten Summers' is going ot be replaced with the new one I'm working on, once it's complete, so don't worry about that one too much (although I like the chorus a lot). Thanks in advance!

For those that are interested (probably not many more than myself, dan, and noblesavage (I forget your name)), there is a pretty lengthy Greg Howe interview (audio, btw) on his website. I'm only a few minutes in, but it's pretty cool so far.

Cheers man, I'll check it out!

My name is Chris, just in case you where wondering.:lol:

I'll give it a listen now.

Edit: Interesting interview. I never knew he played with NSYNC..! I'll start the second half tomorrow as my ass hurts from sitting in my computer chair for too long.

Yeah he's done a bit of solo work like that...

Yeah...I know for sure that he did at least one Nsync tour and he did with with Justin Timberlake's solo act too. I doubt the costumes were as enticing as those on the Michael Jackson tour,but the paycheck was probably as good/better.

BTW, the whole interview is definitely worth checking out (finally finished it). They play one of the new tunes at the end too. I couldn't really give it my full attention at the time, but I liked the bits I caught.

Ah yes, that Michael Jackson tour, he was called up at the last minute and had to learn the parts AND choreography on the plane flight over... wow.

ABQShredHead, you have the best avatar ever. Hops! m/

Anyway, I've got some songs up, if anyone wants to listen to them. You can follow the link in my signature. The song 'Long-Forgotten Summers' is going ot be replaced with the new one I'm working on, once it's complete, so don't worry about that one too much (although I like the chorus a lot). Thanks in advance!

Although I´m not into doom metal myself, it´s always nice to hear interesting creativeness in genuine songwriting. Good work!
I also enjoyed the technical quality of the guitars and the singing in the first song more than the others,

If I may mention just one thing on a personal view, then I felt that the screamings in the others wasn´t backed up in the music the way I´d prefer myself.
I guess you might have thought about that already, but of course that different sollutions also cause different consequenses to.

In my own recent recordings, based on improvisations, it has hit me that I get multiple options at many parts of a tune, and it´s like crossroads, affecting alot of aspects later on.
Quite often, I get lost in my own disability to decide how to solve such issues of making choices, before I lose faith in finishing the damned recordings.
Then they get put on hold for way too long time to be pleased with, due to lack of spare time. By then, I often forget many of my original ideas.

So I cannot say what should work best in your opinion in your tunes, just my own thoughts. Hope that it´s ok...

I'm really pleased to announce that we can name the new drummer and bass player for DARK EMPIRE. Filling in the long vacant bass position is RANDY KNECHT, and taking up the drum position is OMAR DAVILA. I was not expecting to find two musicians that fit the same vision and drive for DARK EMPIRE that I have, not to mention the immense talent that I would expect from anyone involved in this band, in such a short span of time. I guess thats how luck plays things out sometimes.

So, everyone welcome RANDY and OMAR to the Dark Empire family! We cannot wait to tear some faces off this August!

The last video from our San Francisco show about a month ago. These guys were nice enough to post a bunch (there's 5 or 6 in the related videos section on YouTube). Someone does a sweet falsetto scream a little over a minute in. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The last video from our San Francisco show about a month ago. These guys were nice enough to post a bunch (there's 5 or 6 in the related videos section on YouTube). Someone does a sweet falsetto scream a little over a minute in. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEQYn4r4nWM

Great performance! Tight and crisp with quality everywhere on stage.
Maybe the falsetto singer´s was dying to get called up on stage and sing along, as in the Rock Star movie.
Your performance on the clip was indeed enough solid to actually not rule that out! :lol: Congrats on that!

At last, some recent music project effort from me. :)
Klick on my myspace link in the signature, and choose "The duel", track 2 (excerpts) or 3 for the current full length version.
"The Duel" is only an alternate working title. I haven´t named it yet, but it has a concept, which includes a duel, which background story, scenery, features and outcome etc.
I aim to create specific moods, associations, a progressing story, etc. and am keen to hear whatever thoughts you might get from listening to it, without me trying to influence your own associations of it too much.

Some details of the above are not yet settled finally either.
More info of the tune are in the lyrics links (information, not really lyrics.), and the blogg post.

So far it´s instrumental only, and there´s a chance that I´ll keep it that way.
I haven´t had the time to work on it for a long time, but recently I did, and I´m beginning to get pretty content of it by now.

I´m not a guitarist, and that might ruin some of the moment for your listening, I don´t know for sure...

Any feedback is highly appriciated, both positive and negative.
Thanks a ton in advance! / Fredrik

Sounds pretty cool to me. It feels dark, and like there is something quite evil going on.

How did you do the drums? I'm going to try and make a song soon but I'm not sure about drums.

Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts about your impression of it! :)
I play drums with the MIDI keyboard, using some software based drums.
Then it has been alot of post editing, especially with the drums.
LOTS of dragging the notes, adding and removing, LOTS of volume editing of single notes, even some copying of notes, and quantizing a bit.
What I wouldn´t want to do is using drum loop samples. I wanted to create my own rythms. So since I´m not a drummer either, it is an easier task to achieve this level of rythms with some experience of post editing. I don´t know how often you have done that, but of course, it´s never to late to start either.

It would be an honor to add drums to your song, though.
I take it as you´re into pretty advanced stuff, and I really enjoy many of Jordan Rudess´s solos and his style of playing.
I think I would have the time for it during the Summer, but I´m going away for a week or so pretty soon.

Look forward to hear your new creation! / Fredrik

Suspyre's When Time Fades... CD Release Party
Date: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2008
Time: 7:00pm / Doors: 6:30pm
Venue:
The Community Center
at the First Presbyterian Church
270 Woodbridge Avenue
Metuchen, NJ
08840-0385

Ticket Price:$15 (online orders) / $20 (door day of show)

ORDER TICKETS

SUSPYRE will be playing an exclusive 90-minute set of songs from their three albums, with special guest drummer CHARLIE ZELENY.

After the performance, there will be an autograph session with the band.

The band's new album When Time Fades... will be released worldwide on September 30, 2008 on the Sensory Records (Laser's Edge Group) label.

Location might have something to do with it. The cheapest I've ever paid for a show was $15.

Right, but Suspyre is local to the area (hence the relevance of my nevermore comment). The most expensive local show i've seen are all day "fests" with upwards of 15 bands. Plus what local band has a signing session? No, it just doesn't make any damn sense!

*Meanders away in a confused haze*

To me, it doesn't really matter. Money is money, and I want more.

Actually, when I think about it like that, it does matter. Shit, nevermind.