Was it Worth it?

I'm listening to the full song but I'm not digging it. The main riff is good and I'm getting into the intro more and more but the verse isn't great. The chorus is ok, it follows a similar chord progression to the intro which my brain picks up.

The solo is very Vai like at the beginning with the whammy stuff and unique style, but then it's just crap after that...

I think dropping my E string to C and learning it will help but I wasn't over the moon with it at first. :(

What? Do we owe the band something? If a song sucks, it sucks.

And? I can still say, that the old stuff is better. And how do you know? Many bands "return to their roots" nowadays, though of course that doesn't mean COB is gonna do that, but they CAN make a good album still.

Alexander didn't participate but only to 2 (?) songs, it doesn't have much to do with this. And I don't think that Alexi's past physical injuries have much to do with his ability to write good melodies. But you really have missed the point of the people who like the old stuff, have you? We don't want them to be the same, we want them to be good.

No shit.

But the bottom line is: Most people who like early stuff better and complain about the new stuff don't want them to do SW part2, HB part2 or FTR part2, they just want them to make a good album. Also, those three albums are completely different, but still good. I don't understand this "they can't make the same album over and over again"-bullshit. The three first albums are not the same album done three times either.

Totally agree! Not saying that the whole RRF will be shait. Still we have 8 songs to hear. In good album there can be 1 or 2 bad songs, too.
I'm just thinking that Alexi is wasting his talent approaching more to commercial markets.

I am with warheart on this one. It is a good song, but it could have been soooo much better!! it needed more depth.
The verse is weak, i wish they had changed it up a bit rather than recycling the main riff(which is pretty bad ass).
vocals also kinda suck but whatever i can look past it.
solo has grown on me but oncw again weak and could have been way better. but i like it.

now who has the tab for it? there is lierally one note that i cant seem to nail!

I am with warheart on this one. It is a good song, but it could have been soooo much better!! it needed more depth.
The verse is weak, i wish they had changed it up a bit rather than recycling the main riff(which is pretty bad ass).
vocals also kinda suck but whatever i can look past it.
solo has grown on me but oncw again weak and could have been way better. but i like it.

now who has the tab for it? there is lierally one note that i cant seem to nail!

There are a few versions in my Tab Thread if you're interested. I haven't had a go at it yet but might do soon or something.

Yeah a bit dissapointed the vocal effect lasted the whole song. Great song all together though \m/ Think its gonna be a kick a55 album !

Oh it works now. At first the video came but there was no sound.

Yeah, the third solo is Roope. I knew that just from the tone of the guitar. The song isn't nearly as bad anymore after watching it with the video and the video is pretty decent even if I don't give two shits about skateboarding. Better than the AYDY video. :lol:

Configure your browser with this slovakian proxy:

HTTPS
IP: 85.216.186.17
Port: 8080

Then it should work.

(Source: http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/search-318)

Thanks!

The video is pretty boring to be honest. I don't see the value of the skateboard. Although the skating on the flaming skateboard did look pretty cool. It could have been a bit brighter, but that would probably kill the mood.
But yeah, I learned to not care about CoB's music videos so I'm not disappointed.