Was there ever any explanation for DOD's atrocious cover?

I hate the whole album except for Journeyman, I think that is an interesting new idea and I think Maiden needed to show that they could do an acoustic track. All the other tracks are just old and boring.

Abryl said:
I thought you were a fan ;) That album rules, the next too are great too. Then it started to go downhill, tho I'd rather hear the Elements CDs eight times than listening to DOD :Spin:

A fan of Episode and Visions, the only albums worth owning of which I own neither. :Spin:

Hearing the Elements CDs would be absolute torture, so I would rather hear DoD because it would only be torture.

Cortavenas said:
face in the sand, paschendale, journeyman, montsegur (almost) and rainmaker are the only good, I could live without the rest

Face In The Sand - ok but nothing new and gets a bit boring - 4/10
Paschendale - Total annoyance, new ideas which people have diff views on - 5/10
Journeyman - Already talked about how good it is - 8/10
Montsegur - What's so good about this? - 3/10
Rainmaker - New sound, short and catchy - 5/10
No More Lies - Very good idea, would be excellent if there wasn't so much repitition. - 4/10
Dance Of Death - I seem to like this idea, didn't work out too well though - 4/10

I like the Strato albums where Tolkki sings. Twilight Time is better than Dreamspace, though. I just don't like the cheesiness of Kotipelto's voice. Not to mention the Dickinson rip-off.