We Are The Void

I can see where the ideas of the album being "darker", at least based off two songs. Judging by lyrical theme and our two samples, this could end up being the darkest Dark Tranquillity album to date. ATPoI was absolutely incredible and Dream Oblivion was great.

Today 8 hours ago I preordered "We Are The Void". Anybody else did that?
It might be offtopic but that Fuclear Blast is the worst and the most inconvinient webshop I ever used! It was reseting my basket pretty often, it was losing items from "saved articles" directory... But the most annoying thing is that even for english version shop they have german-languaged noticfications! Argh!!! I've lost time trying to recall who is german speaking and not less time aking them to translate all that shit! And all for learning that I need to increase shipping days amount to proceed checkout...
But finally I'm in :)

You ordered it, great!!! I'll order it when I get back home :) .

About the new song:

It's. Simply. BRILLIANT!

I liked it a lot more than Dream Oblivion, I love the eerie "howling" keyboards (as Villain said), they really get to me.

What I noticed is that it requires some listens, at least for me it took me three times to fully appreciate it. I think the album in general will be one that will require a few listenings, unlike Fiction which was very direct. I can't wait to listen entirely to it!!! :headbang:

A Dutch merchandiser got a pack which is special edition + shirt for only 23 euros
Whaaat? Where is it and can it be delivered to Russia? I'd better cancel the Nuclear Fuck order before money haven't been withdrawn and make a deal with that pack :)

I thought Dream Oblivion was pretty good.
And I thought AtPoI was SICK, in a good way. I absolutely love the dark sounding keyboards. It's hard to explain them, but they give me a great feeling aswell. Gonna pre-order the album aswell as soon as I get some money.
I especially LOVE the keyboard lines in the chorus of AtPoI..they are simply beautiful.

Whaaat? Where is it and can it be delivered to Russia? I'd better cancel the Nuclear Fuck order before money haven't been withdrawn and make a deal with that pack :)

I'm not sure, they've got some company's in other countries as well usually with the same things. The main company is EMP and is in Germany, you can always try ;)

I think it's www.emp.de

Otherwise: the Dutch site is www.large.nl, but the page is in Dutch though.

Edit: here's a direct link to the article:
http://www.large-online.nl/bin/shop...=Dark Tranquillity: We are the void&tc=SEARCH

Just listened to the new song. This destroys my established philosophy for categorizing this band's music. I've always wanted to hear a DT song with a happy, or at least hopeful melody, and this song is pretty bright. I am going to preliminarily review the album, which I have not yet heard in its entirety:

It's as though the band grabbed the great bull of death metal by the horns and whispered into its ear of an entire lifetime spent bursting into flames in time with the stars, on lonely nights standing in the fresh-fallen snow of their homeland.

Then they kill it and eat it.

Maxim1110, thanks a lot dude! I've found the same article at the international EMP and they can deliver it here
So I've already canceled my order from Nuclear Blast

stizzleomnibus, it is lyrically bright I guess. The music still sounds dark the way "Dream Oblivion" seemed to. IMHO

upd: I'm gonna post a kind of spoiler describing some songs and bringing some new album details. So beware if you don't wannt to learn it.

If you're still here here is kinda review posted by LastFM user TeRyX:

" Since I've got the promo for 4 days now, I can say the best songs on the album are Arkhangelsk and Iridium which both have oustanding atmospheres, like "Inside The Particule Storm" was on Fiction... but with even better and strongest atmospheres this time Arkhangelsk is the most demonic song DT ever wrote. Iridium has some of Stanne's best vocals ever (both cleans and screams). Overall the new album is really diverse, going from really slow songs (Her Silent Language) to really fast songs (Surface The Infinite), or melodic songs (The Fatalist & The Point Of Ignition) and other with come "Projector-like" reminescences, especially the clean vocals which weren't that present since Projector in my opinion. Ho, and "In My Absence" has a fucking unbelievable kick ass emotionnal chorus <3 "

What do you guys feel about such kind of news?
And I found pretty strange that TeRyX didn't mention anything about the frist single "Shadow In Our Blood"

Just listened to the new song. This destroys my established philosophy for categorizing this band's music. I've always wanted to hear a DT song with a happy, or at least hopeful melody, and this song is pretty bright. I am going to preliminarily review the album, which I have not yet heard in its entirety:

It's as though the band grabbed the great bull of death metal by the horns and whispered into its ear of an entire lifetime spent bursting into flames in time with the stars, on lonely nights standing in the fresh-fallen snow of their homeland.

Then they kill it and eat it.
Yes I agree! The verse sounds kind of "grim" and dark, while the chorus and especially the bridge after the solo sound like it's all going to be allright. At least, that's my feeling about it.

Maxim1110, thanks a lot dude! I've found the same article at the international EMP and they can deliver it here
So I've already canceled my order from Nuclear Blast

stizzleomnibus, it is lyrically bright I guess. The music still sounds dark the way "Dream Oblivion" seemed to. IMHO
Yoú're welcome :D

upd: I'm gonna post a kind of spoiler describing some songs and bringing some new album details. So beware if you don't wannt to learn it.

If you're still here here is kinda review posted by LastFM user TeRyX:

" Since I've got the promo for 4 days now, I can say the best songs on the album are Arkhangelsk and Iridium which both have oustanding atmospheres, like "Inside The Particule Storm" was on Fiction... but with even better and strongest atmospheres this time Arkhangelsk is the most demonic song DT ever wrote. Iridium has some of Stanne's best vocals ever (both cleans and screams). Overall the new album is really diverse, going from really slow songs (Her Silent Language) to really fast songs (Surface The Infinite), or melodic songs (The Fatalist & The Point Of Ignition) and other with come "Projector-like" reminescences, especially the clean vocals which weren't that present since Projector in my opinion. Ho, and "In My Absence" has a fucking unbelievable kick ass emotionnal chorus <3 "

What do you guys feel about such kind of news?
And I found pretty strange that TeRyX didn't mention anything about the frist single "Shadow In Our Blood"

Sounds awesome, Iridium and Arkhangelsk were my favourite titles as well, I'm really curious about what those songs will sound like.

awesome song. Pure magic. In particular, im hugely impressed by the druming, sounds better and more inspired than on fiction!

I wonder if there are any songs with female vocals.

Yeah, that's a very good question! Songs such as The Mundane And The Magic, UnDo Control or Insanity's Crescendo. I guess it would be really cool :D I already know that there are clean vocals on the last track, Iridium, so I'm really curious about that one as well. You know, all this talk makes the wait a lot more difficult :p

EDIT: A comment from someone who heard the song already:
"Surely one of Dark Tranquillity's new masterpiece! Everything is just perfect there, the clean voice, wonderful as it never been, the screams and the ambiance are just mindblowing! It could be the best closer song to a DT album!"

Yeah, that's a very good question! Songs such as The Mundane And The Magic, UnDo Control or Insanity's Crescendo. I guess it would be really cool :D I already know that there are clean vocals on the last track, Iridium, so I'm really curious about that one as well. You know, all this talk makes the wait a lot more difficult :p

EDIT: A comment from someone who heard the song already:
"Surely one of Dark Tranquillity's new masterpiece! Everything is just perfect there, the clean voice, wonderful as it never been, the screams and the ambiance are just mindblowing! It could be the best closer song to a DT album!"

Ohhhh very nice, very nice!!! :headbang:

Can one order that package (from the Dutch site) to the U.S.?

After listening to "Dream Oblivion" about 5 times i was very dissapointed. However once i heard "At the Point of Ignition", i suddenly became estatic about the new album. It surly is an amazing tune. It has just the right amount of every DT aspect to it. I love the tempo change about one minute in. It really takes you off guard. The solo's are structured perfectly. The keyboards sound raw, like Brandstrom decided to give his effects a little more edge to them. The drumming is solid and more up front into the mix. Stanne sounds spectaular, as always. It seems as if his vocals will show more variety on this new album.