We Are The Void

So still nobody knows is this digi or just the regular one?
Hah, they (NB online shop) don't t even have the cover on their site :lol:

I've got to pay that plus the shipping to Costa Rica . My suggestion is to get two or three CDs with friends and share the shipping
Yeah, man, same to me! They charge 36€ for shipping to Moscow, that's fucking too much for 16€ CD. So I hope to do the same and share shipping cost with some two friends. But still nobody in :bah: Bastards!

But anyway I am ready to pay those 42€ for "We Are The Void"

The only person I know that would even like anything on the NB is my girlfriend and I live with her...same income and all. Drat, better yet FUCK. I'm sure some other digi version will come out.

Ahhh now that's a problem isn't it? :p Well try to get the German version, it's better, I know that the big stores do carry those types of versions, I guess you've got to look around a bit :) . Or e-bay.

So still nobody knows is this digi or just the regular one?
Hah, they (NB online shop) don't t even have the cover on their site :lol:

Yeah, man, same to me! They charge 36€ for shipping to Moscow, that's fucking too much for 16€ CD. So I hope to do the same and share shipping cost with some two friends. But still nobody in :bah: Bastards!

But anyway I am ready to pay those 42€ for "We Are The Void"

Well it's a digi apparently. Haha yeah they said 'Oh we better not put some goatse on the web-site' hahahaha :lol:.

WOW 36€ to Moscow! Yeah, it's way too much. Now when I complain I'll think of the poor Russian guys who have to pay even more than me :ill:.

Well, as I said before, try to order several and share the cost with somebody else, or get it from e-bay, it'd be cheaper I believe.

$23 American isn't bad by any means, but I think shipping is like $30? I'll probably just end up being an eBay whore.

Damn, why the hell didn't I know this forum exists? Anyway, to come to the point, Dream Oblivion really owns imo. It's got a really dark atmosphere about it and sounds different and fresh, while also having some DT trademarks(breakdown after 2nd chorus, key lines in chorus). Really anticipating the album now, and it's almost 2 more months! Anyway, if there will be a song made public in advance it may well be Shadow In Our Blood since they also shot a video clip for that one(in Finland if I'm not mistaken).

You know, Mikael is right about death being too stereotypical of a topic in death metal. However, I don't think he ever realized, or is too modest to admit that his approach to lyrical writing is so different than that of other type of bands. He can take the idea of death, and make it beautiful in a morbid type of way.

You know, Mikael is right about death being too stereotypical of a topic in death metal. However, I don't think he ever realized, or is too modest to admit that his approach to lyrical writing is so different than that of other type of bands. He can take the idea of death, and make it beautiful in a morbid type of way.

+1 to that, and I think that's about what they did with this album. In other news, the official tracklisting has just been confirmed, At The Point of Ignition isn't the opener anymore, and I loved that title so much as opening track!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133199

Damn, why the hell didn't I know this forum exists? Anyway, to come to the point, Dream Oblivion really owns imo. It's got a really dark atmosphere about it and sounds different and fresh, while also having some DT trademarks(breakdown after 2nd chorus, key lines in chorus). Really anticipating the album now, and it's almost 2 more months! Anyway, if there will be a song made public in advance it may well be Shadow In Our Blood since they also shot a video clip for that one(in Finland if I'm not mistaken).

Really? Where did you see that?

Indeed! DT is a very humble band, and that I really like. Mikael's writing is simply amazing, very inspiring. It's one of the best poetry I've ever read.

I can't wait for the new album! Will I be able to resist the temptation to download the album before its release? Ahhh I've never done it before, no with any DT album, but this album has become so controversial that I'm not sure if I can resist.

So nobody mentioned. Am I the only one who can hear Groove Metal influences on new material? I kinda clearly hear it in "Dream Oblivion"

Now when I complain I'll think of the poor Russian guys who have to pay even more than me
Ooops, sorry for inaccuracy. The shipping price is actually 28€. But anyway my price would be 44€ for this limited CD in case none of my friends have accepted my proposal to get decent limited copy for at least 30€ (or less). Stupid fuckers! :zombie:

He can take the idea of death, and make it beautiful in a morbid type of way.
Right you are. Dark Tranquillity has one of the most original lyrics in metal. They're kinda mystified you know... And for example instead of literally saying something like "I'm broken down and I don't know what to do with my further life" we get "There's a part of me that cannot deal with the character I am forced to be". It's like when a few words tell you much more then could ever tell.
Even my 60 year-old father liked their lyrics.
That's a pearl in the sea, I think!

Saw it on their twitter page quite a while ago:

www.twitter.com/dtofficial
Maxim1110 seems to be right. That's what I've found there:

"Förhandsbokning kommer lite längre fram. Video för "Shadow in our blood" också."
Could anybody trasnlate that phrase?

Really? Where did you see that?

Indeed! DT is a very humble band, and that I really like. Mikael's writing is simply amazing, very inspiring. It's one of the best poetry I've ever read.

I can't wait for the new album! Will I be able to resist the temptation to download the album before its release? Ahhh I've never done it before, no with any DT album, but this album has become so controversial that I'm not sure if I can resist.
Are you sure it will leak? :p
Their label uses powerfully watermarked digital promos now and most of those won't leak. Some do slip through but it's far from sure that WATW would be one of those.

Are you sure it will leak? :p
Their label uses powerfully watermarked digital promos now and most of those won't leak. Some do slip through but it's far from sure that WATW would be one of those.

Of course it will leak, no matter how hard labels try to avoid that, there will always be ways to surpass the powerful watermarks!
And it's a fact that a video for the song "Shadow in our Blood" was recorded, it was mentioned a LONG time ago in the official dt twitter page, and if i am not mistaken, it was also mentioned in the official site (or somewhere else that I can't recall right now), so for those who were complaining about it... it's more like "shadow in our blood" is the single than dream oblivion is, the latter is more like a teaser...

"Förhandsbokning kommer lite längre fram. Video för "Shadow in our blood" också."

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#sv|en|%22F%C3%B6rhandsbokning%20kommer%20lite%20l%C3%A4ngre%20fram.%20Video%20f%C3%B6r%20%22Shadow%20in%20our%20blood%22%20ocks%C3%A5.%22

You can decipher it yourself if you wish :)

Maxim1110 seems to be right. That's what I've found there:

Well I don't speak Swedish, but if you scroll a bit further down(9th of December) you get this:

http://twitpic.com/ssrg7 - Mikael shooting video "Shadow in our blood" with Vasara films in freezing Finland.
7:27 AM Dec 9th, 2009 from TwitPic

Leaks are getting tighter and tighter, closer and closer to the actual release date. However, they still haven't figured a way to keep it as air tight as they would want to. Shockingly, the only album that didn't leak before it's release (and the band encouraged downloads, because of the US release being pushed back) was Skyfire's Esoteric.