We Are The Void

And as far as I could notice from his tracklisting, he only listened to the album twice.
And I still find hard to believe that the album is bad... I'm going more towards the fact that the album is difficult to digest in the first few listens.

The fact that he's been a fan since '93 and declared that it's the "worst" is not a good sign, at least to me. It might explain why he only listened to it twice.

When my fiance heard the new track, she asked "who are they trying to imitate?" :erk:

I think IntoPhagist may be right, but I hope not.

I'm gonna be honest, I think a album really can be 'judged' on a couple listens, especially if someone really reviews music alot. With DT, there are many layers, but DT really is a band that has ALWAYS had catchy, prominent, recognizable hooks and I've always loved DT for that, they are way more exciting than metal bands who just want to sound only 'brutal'. So I hope this album really follows in the same vein as all the rest, all i can ask for. I gotta say that the new single is not really confirming, not really Lost to Apathy pt. 2 or something epic like that. I think a better song prolly could have been chosen for a 'single'. But i do bet that most of the songs will be much more...'defined', like standout. hopefully.

Like, the first time I heard DT, with songs Lost To Apathy and Single Part of Two, I knew right off that they were amazing catchy songs and I still loved them to this day because there were also many new layers to discover. DT are a mix of what all music should be. But if you take out the catchy, and just have alot of complex layers, it won't be very exciting. Or if you take out the complex layers, and only leave the catchy...then it gets a little old after a few years...sorta like Fiction in a way (not so much a bad thing, but yeah)....just I really hope this new album goes back to the 'perfect mix'.

I agree, TJR, Whoracle and Colony were all very good album covers, with Whoracle being the best of the three, in my opinion.

haha well, i cant understand that opinion at all. TJR and Colony, maybe colony in particular because of the colors, are decent, but the Whoracle just looks 100% amateur. U need something special to pull of a green witch with large boobs, snakes and an empty face. I love the cd, but the cover makes me blush. However, i have now googled GOATSE and came to the conclusion that u are all sick fucks! =) WTF??! dont mention it again, ur ruining a great cover!

haha well, i cant understand that opinion at all. TJR and Colony, maybe colony in particular because of the colors, are decent, but the Whoracle just looks 100% amateur. U need something special to pull of a green witch with large boobs, snakes and an empty face. I love the cd, but the cover makes me blush. However, i have now googled GOATSE and came to the conclusion that u are all sick fucks! =) WTF??! dont mention it again, ur ruining a great cover!

Its not even that, its eerie and disturbing to me, to see a little girl with her teddy bear glaring out into the end of the world.

When ever Niklas gets back on here.....question. Is there any reason you guys chose dream oblivion to be the first public song? like a particular reason?

When ever Niklas gets back on here.....question. Is there any reason you guys chose dream oblivion to be the first public song? like a particular reason?

Every song has its pros and cons when it comes to being selected as the first public track for an album. "Dream..." was the mutual decision within the band. Since "Focus shift" (1st teaser for "Fiction") was a very typical D.T. song, it felt good to reveal something slightly different this time.

Thanks for the video!

I really didn't like the first riff that sounded in the video, but the rest were excellent! :kickass:

One word on the E-bow stuff:

Wow.

Now I really don't know what to expect of this album :p, but if you somehow included violins and/or cellos, it's going to be a pleasant surprise :kickass:. I'm getting more and more excited (and nervous, I admit) everyday, I can't wait!!!! :headbang:

So is there going to be an LP version?

Since i've been looking around the internet for people who already heard the album, i found another one, but this time, this guy has a "slightly" different opinion about WatV (Since the last guy I asked about the album, had a rather bad opinion of it)

Here it goes:

Me asking:
"Hey man, from what i've read from your comment on the album, you already heard it.. (...) And how does the album sound like?"

The answer:

Kishin

Jan 09 2010, 02:09 PM GMT

Reply Delete

Subject: Dark Tranquillity - We are the void ?

I have a promotional copy of the album in my hands, completely legitimate. I cannot share it though, since it is watermarked and I don't want to get in trouble with the record company.

WatV t's hella awesome. Look forward to it (maybe it will actually leak soon, anyway).

K

-----------------------------

So, now we have a positive feedback on the album, and since i've been digging the very little pieces we have been listening from the studio reports so far, I am more anxious, and can't wait to listen to the new masterpiece :)

Nice! I like the riffs Niklas played. They sound really awesome! And I was thinking about some groove metal influences on this pieces we've already heard. Anybody think so too?
But they have probably done more sound experiments compared to "Damage Done", "Character" or "Fiction"

And, yeah, I can't fucking wait to preorder this masterpiece and finally get my hands on it

TP noise reducer FTW!!!

GAWD, just shut the fuck up :Smug:

You're just jealous because you know you love LPs but don't have the balls to buy them ;) (or something hahaha).

Nuclear Blast OnlineShop is always fast :Smug:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/showShopProductDetail.php?artikelnummer=166625&kat=

So, the limited edition will have 2 bonus tracks and 1 bonus DVD ? :rolleyes:

Hey thanks for the link! Wow, it's only 16€? So it won't even be a digi? Come one…. Well I think that 2 bonus tracks and DVD is excellent, but I hope it's a digi.

Hey thanks for the link! Wow, it's only 16€? So it won't even be a digi? Come one…. Well I think that 2 bonus tracks and DVD is excellent, but I hope it's a digi.

I believe it's a digi. NB shop just didn't mention it.

If it's a limited edition and printed in Germany, it's gonna be a digipak/mediabook/kingsize-mediabook... whatever you call it...
Century Media and Nuclear Blast always do that.

The new Dream Evil is also 16€ :)

If NB didn't charge such an ungodly high price for shipping to the US, I would have this baby on pre-order already.

I believe it's a digi. NB shop just didn't mention it.

If it's a limited edition and printed in Germany, it's gonna be a digipak/mediabook/kingsize-mediabook... whatever you call it...
Century Media and Nuclear Blast always do that.

The new Dream Evil is also 16€ :)

Ah OK hopefully it is a digi-book, not pack like with the DVD :rolleyes: .
Dream Evil :headbang: .

If NB didn't charge such an ungodly high price for shipping to the US, I would have this baby on pre-order already.

Ha believe me, I understand you, I've got to pay that plus the shipping to Costa Rica :ill: . My suggestion is to get two or three CDs with friends and share the shipping. It really works out well, because instead of 22€ of shipping it is either 11 or 7.3€, which is a very decent price to get something from Germany. I ordered the new DVD with a friend, split the cost and the package was in my hands in a week! It arrives very, very quickly!!! Basically two or three days to get to the U.S. :) . And besides that, it's a German limited version, so it's better :) . And you don't have to wait for the U.S. release and can also brag to all your friends :headbang:.

Ha believe me, I understand you, I've got to pay that plus the shipping to Costa Rica :ill: . My suggestion is to get two or three CDs with friends and share the shipping. It really works out well, because instead of 22€ of shipping it is either 11 or 7.3€, which is a very decent price to get something from Germany. I ordered the new DVD with a friend, split the cost and the package was in my hands in a week! It arrives very, very quickly!!! Basically two or three days to get to the U.S. :) . And besides that, it's a German limited version, so it's better :) . And you don't have to wait for the U.S. release and can also brag to all your friends :headbang:.

The only person I know that would even like anything on the NB is my girlfriend and I live with her...same income and all. Drat, better yet FUCK. I'm sure some other digi version will come out.