We Are The Void

I think the tour with Killswitch Engage is going to be nice, after all, bands like KsE and As I Lay Dying were really influenced by DT and In Flames and stuff, but The Devil Wears Prada?? Prada sounds a bit like The Gallery with a very sceney update, though, if you really listen to them.

If anything, I'd advise alot of stuff from Character and The Gallery to be played!! Really bring out the chaotic stuff for those Prada fans.

And why do all of you assume that I made the cover? ;)

Ah ha ha sorry, you're usually the one who does the covers. Don't you? o_O Thank you for updating the info on the web-page!

And…

why did you not create the cover?

Why did you choose Stefan Wibbeke to do it?

Did you give specific instructions to him on what the band wanted, or was he free to do whatever he pleased?

Did you know about 'goatse' before reading this thread?

Does Stefan Wibbeke know 'goatse'? (I think he does… ;).)

http://www.darktranquillity.com/realindex.html - The cover artwork is created by Stefan Wibbeke of Medialogistics.

So, this time DT let someone else to create the cover.

This cover looks nice to me, but I still prefer DT's previous artwork style.

Thanks for posting the link! Yeah I think everyone here prefers the previous style… (I'm sure 99.9% do). Now we can all criticise Stefan Wibbeke instead of Niklas hehehe.

I would like to add that before reading about Goatse here I have never before heard of it. In that regard I only stumble across everyday things like two girls one cup.

I hope that's not the art that goes into or is anywhere near the new album.

As for the song, I didn't like it. Points for being quite a darker than a lot of the recent stuff, however I didn't enjoy the dissonant riffs here in the least. Sometimes dissonance works, sometimes it's brilliant, sometimes it's not. The song's progression struck me as predictable, and I didn't find the melodic ideas compelling.

I hate to say these things about the work of my favorite band, but that's how I feel about the music so far. It would be a mistake to judge any of their albums from one song. Almost all of their albums have at least 1 or 2 tracks that didn't really do anything for me, and I'm hoping this is one of them.

Also, I still don't like "We Are the Void" as the album title, but it's better than the earlier rumor about love or something or other.

Matse: That's because you're so young. Goatse was ancient history back when 2girls1cup surfaced.

And why do all of you assume that I made the cover? ;)

Well, you got me there - for some reason I thought the way the building appears in the body was certainly your doing, and the change of style in the pencilwork(?) seemed like a natural progression from your previous work.

That, and I know you've always secretly wanted to make album-covers with pictures of a guy stretching his asshole. :p

Anyways, I listened to the live-clip of the new song and what little I could pick up sounded very promising indeed. I'm trying to keep my expectations under control, but I've got this feeling that Void is going to be a masterpiece like Fiction was. I hope I won't be disappointed.

-Villain

Well, you got me there - for some reason I thought the way the building appears in the body was certainly your doing, and the change of style in the pencilwork(?) seemed like a natural progression from your previous work.

That, and I know you've always secretly wanted to make album-covers with pictures of a guy stretching his asshole. :p

Anyways, I listened to the live-clip of the new song and what little I could pick up sounded very promising indeed. I'm trying to keep my expectations under control, but I've got this feeling that Void is going to be a masterpiece like Fiction was. I hope I won't be disappointed.

-Villain

Yes!!! I thought the buildings looked like something Niklas would draw, it's definitely his style. Not the man stretching whatever that is, but the buildings.

I didn't know of 'goatse' before this thread/ Thank you forum, for enlightening my mind, one ass at a time!

From Century Media:

Swedish melodic death metal pioneers DARK TRANQUILLITY triumphantly return with We Are The Void, a scorching effort that will undoubtedly add an exhilarating new chapter to the genre’s storied history. The album was mixed by the acclaimed Tue Madsen (Himsa, The Haunted) and encompasses all of the elements on which the band built their reputation: thought-provoking lyrics, shredding guitar work, captivating melodies and sheer brutality. This offering is perhaps best compared to a modern-day version of the group’s revered classics The Gallery and The Mind’s I, only with more intensity behind it. The blueprint of melodic metal is now at your fingertips.

We Are The Void is set for a March 9th North American release and the band are extremely proud to kick off this massive worldwide album touring cycle in the U.S. on Feb. 4th with the mighty Killswitch Engage and The Devil Wears Prada. Head over now to the band’s newly revamped MySpace page to stream the blistering new track, “Dream Oblivion” and to view their entire tour itinerary.

Mikael Stanne (vocals) further describes his excitement over the upcoming tour: “We are really excited to announce the fact that we are going back to the states. The (insert tour name) with Killswitch Engage and The Devil Wears Prada will be the perfect way to kick off this new album of ours. We are looking forward to premiering the new material in front of the many new and uninitiated, as well as our devoted and awesome fans. This will be the start of a long string of tours that we will be doing for this album. We feel that these new songs are some of the strongest material that we've ever written and we are dying to tour the hell out this album! See you in the front row.”

To follow the creation of this superb melodic death metal opus Anders Björler (The Haunted, At The Gates) filmed a detailed studio report series, which can be found at the link below. Episodes one through three are up now, so check it out!

- - -

I'd just like to point out that I am roughly Matse's age and I've known about Goatse forever. Doesn't make it any better though.

That and the cover is very meh for me. That's all, not bad but not good either. I like Niklas's stuff better.

It's funny how this thread started out with "OH DEAR GOD, THE BURDEN OF LOVE ALIVE???? WTF CRADLE OF FILTH MUCH?" to "LULZ teh cover is Goatse" :loco:
Only on the DT forums.

Finally someone we don't feel bad blaming! At least until he posts in this thread, his feelings hurt. Whereupon we start pretending we were joking and humorlessly applaude anything else he's ever done.

So you are saying that you don't like Niklas' artworks? Shame on you, you have no idea of art, just wait until he reads that, barbarian and stuff.

Yes!!! I thought the buildings looked like something Niklas would draw, it'd definitely his style. Not the man stretching whatever that is, but the buildings.
Surely the buildings (Character anyone?) did it, plus the naked man who reminds of the DVD cover. Artistically it didn't look too much like something Niklas would do, but the concepts were there and that's what confused us.

Now (especially after the goatse thing was burned in my mind), i wish Niklas had done the cover. At least it would be something more original, and not another naked man (even though i love naked men).

So you are saying that you don't like Niklas' artworks? Shame on you, you have no idea of art, just wait until he reads that, barbarian and stuff.
Probably he don't like this cover and felt bad to say so because he thought Niklas made it. And now when we know it wasn't Niklas who made it he can freely say he don't like it without feeling any repentance.

Surely the buildings (Character anyone?) did it, plus the naked man who reminds of the DVD cover. Artistically it didn't look too much like something Niklas would do, but the concepts were there and that's what confused us.

Now (especially after the goatse thing was burned in my mind), i wish Niklas had done the cover. At least it would be something more original, and not another naked man (even though i love naked men).

Ah ha ha what's up with sirens and their obsession with (naked) men…?

Yeah the buildings did it, I wasn't conscious of that until you said it. Oh I don't know, the WDIMA DVD cover was so weird (for me) that I really thought it was Niklas' from the beginning.

In last.fm some people apparently have already heard the album and it seems that songs listed below appear in the new album. I don't know the order of tracks though.

At The Point Of Ignition
Dream Oblivion
The Fatalist
In My Absence
Archangelsk
Her Silent Language
Shadow In Our Blood
Surface The Infinite
The Grandest Accusation
I Am The Void
Iridium

Are those right songs, Caotico (Niklas)?

In last.fm some people apparently have already heard the album and it seems that songs listed below appear in the new album. I don't know the order of tracks though.

At The Point Of Ignition
Dream Oblivion
The Fatalist
In My Absence
Archangelsk
Her Silent Language
Shadow In Our Blood
Surface The Infinite
The Grandest Accusation
I Am The Void
Iridium

Are those right songs, Caotico (Niklas)?

And according to the order that the guy heard the songs, it seems the tracklisting is :

1 - Shadow in our Blood
2 - Dream Oblivion
3 - The Fatalist
4 - In My Absence
5 - The Grandest Accusation
6 - At the Point of Ignition
7 - Her Silent Language
8 - Arkhangelsk
9 - I Am The Void
10 - Surface the Infinite
11 - Iridium

Well, that same guy who heard the album... I had a chat with him about the album... and I'll just paste what we talked about :

On 30 Dec 2009, 00:09 Nyzal (me) wrote:
"Hey man, I noticed you listened to songs of the new dark tranquillity album,
"we are the void", where did you get it? and why don't you share it on the
internet? I'm sorry for the bunch of questions... but, how does it sound like?"

and he (Kentoje) said...

"Yes, I have it, but I can't share it, since it's watermarked under my own name.

Unfortunately I'm not satisfied with the record so far, it just might be the
worst DT record so far and I'm following them since 1993."

Well... :erk:

Well, that same guy who heard the album... I had a chat with him about the album... and I'll just paste what we talked about :

On 30 Dec 2009, 00:09 Nyzal (me) wrote:
"Hey man, I noticed you listened to songs of the new dark tranquillity album,
"we are the void", where did you get it? and why don't you share it on the
internet? I'm sorry for the bunch of questions... but, how does it sound like?"

and he (Kentoje) said...

"Yes, I have it, but I can't share it, since it's watermarked under my own name.

Unfortunately I'm not satisfied with the record so far, it just might be the
worst DT record so far and I'm following them since 1993."

Well... :erk:
It's rather bold (and/or dumb) from you to ask someone to leak the album and then openly admit it in the official forum.

It's bit unfortunate to hear that he wasn't satisfied but maybe he listened to it only once or twice and that wasn't enough. I read the album doesn't open immediately but requires several listens and that kind of albums usually get mixed reactions. New Katatonia for example. I usually appreciate challenging albums but some ppl always expect easy hits and if the album doesn't open immediately they just throw it away then.