We Are The Void

Wow, this song features some of the most original song-writing since the times of Haven, I really really appreciate that! Too bad that they didnt dare to go all the way and had to include that "trademark" tune there (e.g. from 1:00 to 1:20, then a minute later and at the end). Its only like 40 seconds altogether, but I was like "oh no, why?!!"

Oh. Mein. Cthulhu.

Dark, is indeed the first thing that came to my mind.

I. Love. It.

It's amazing, I really can't understand how the band just keeps releasing A++++++ stuff all the time! Kudos, lots of kudos to the band!!! I can't wait!!!

I like the cover, I'm not sure if I love it, but that's probably the case :p . It looks really hardcore, but I think it's much better than the one of the WDIMA DVD hehe. The Void looks like a vagina to me, am I too 'disturbed' or something? :p

Wow, this song features some of the most original song-writing since the times of Haven, I really really appreciate that! Too bad that they didnt dare to go all the way and had to include that "trademark" tune there (e.g. from 1:00 to 1:20, then a minute later and at the end). Its only like 40 seconds altogether, but I was like "oh no, why?!!"

Yes, yes, yes!!! Indeed it sounds very innovative, with a bit of everything of DT (IMO going towards Haven a bit, which is excellent), but yes, very new and refreshing in a way!!!

So, only a CD and a limited one? No LP? :cry: :( I want LP! I want LP!

Since yesterday evening when I listened to it at first and this morning as well I am really tired so I cannot really tell how good it is, but it definitely is good, although I will probably come up with some minor criticism.

They should rename the album to "We are the vagina", that would be awesome.

So anyone think they'll put more songs up before the album, or will they keep us waiting with just that?

The new song is killer! Wow!

Makes me even more excited and interested in the album. And I absolutely adore the dark feel of the song, it gives me mental images of a coming apocalypse...

So anyone think they'll put more songs up before the album, or will they keep us waiting with just that?
Perhaps one more song but probably Dream Oblivion is the only one. But if they'll put up another one that would happen closer to the release. I guess it's also possible they could stream the whole album one week before the release date. Some bands do that these days.

I wish they had the courage to go all the way and make an album as revolutionary as Projector. I really wish for an album without being reminded that yes, we are Dark Tranquillity, in case you didnt notice. Damage Done and Character were totally like that, Fiction a LOT less, so now Id really love to hear them go projecting and re-inventing at full blast. :)

Since yesterday evening when I listened to it at first and this morning as well I am really tired so I cannot really tell how good it is, but it definitely is good, although I will probably come up with some minor criticism.

They should rename the album to "We are the vagina", that would be awesome.

:lol: kudos to that.

I wish they had the courage to go all the way and make an album as revolutionary as Projector. I really wish for an album without being reminded that yes, we are Dark Tranquillity, in case you didnt notice. Damage Done and Character were totally like that, Fiction a LOT less, so now Id really love to hear them go projecting and re-inventing at full blast. :)

I don't think that'd be the case, but I'm sure the new album will be, in a way, quite inventive. But I'd be interesting if something like with Projector happened. Who knows, maybe they'll turn into a hardcore band o_O .

Now listening to it not as tired as yesterday I have come to a decision.
In the right setting on the album this song is awesome. Without that it is really good. Knowing DT though it is awesome.

if the rest sounds like this it will be the best album. ever. drums are heavier and amazing. Keys even better. Stannes voice is...beyond words. and the cover is awesome, mix between dali and escher.

I would really like to listen to the song in something that is not MySpace audio quality, but I guess that I'll have to wait until I get the album.

I find myself thinking the same thing over and over again. I wish we could get a freebie download of some higher quality stuff in exchange for an email or something. Ah well.

In other news, I still really like the song.

I find myself thinking the same thing over and over again. I wish we could get a freebie download of some higher quality stuff in exchange for an email or something. Ah well.

In other news, I still really like the song.

Yeah, that'd be a 'nice' Xmas present :) . The audio in MySpace is really bad. I noticed that when The Gathering released their new songs early this year. I liked them, but the difference in sound quality when compared to the audio CD (even more LP) is simply gigantic.

One journalist in Finnish metal music related forum Imperiumi wrote down some impressions about the album after 3 spins. I'll translate the key parts.

"Album is strong as a whole and is darker than the last few albums. Atmosphere-wise it resembles Projector and Haven. Some songs are faster and more aggressive but mainly the album is more atmospheric, even harmonic where guitars and keys create more multilayered soundscapes. Most of the vocals are growls but there are also clean vocals in few songs and those definitely deliver.

It's a strong album which emphasizes the big picture and atmosphere instead of easy hits. Thus the album is not easy but requires more spins to fully open."

Sounds very promising and it's pleasant to read the band taking more experimental route this time without changing too much.