We Are The Void

should be soon, i just cant wait till we get a studio update that involves some actual recording.lol.

Got this from http://www.radio-fmr.net/article.php3?id_article=2296. Don't know how reliable the source is, but it seems okay.

1) Point of ignition
2) Dream oblivion
3) The fatalist
4) Life without
5) Zero distance
6) Her silent language
7) Shadow in our blood
8) Surface the infinite
9) The grandest accusation
10) I am the void
11) Iridium

I have to say that i love quite a few of those titles, especially Iridium, and that i think Point of ignition is just about the best opening-track title i've ever seen. Very powerful. Sounds like this album is going to be quite darker than DT's previous work.

Got this from http://www.radio-fmr.net/article.php3?id_article=2296. Don't know how reliable the source is, but it seems okay.

1) Point of ignition
2) Dream oblivion
3) The fatalist
4) Life without
5) Zero distance
6) Her silent language
7) Shadow in our blood
8) Surface the infinite
10) I am the void
11) Iridium

I have to say that i love quite a few of those titles, especially Iridium, and that i think Point of ignition is just about the best opening-track title i've ever seen. Very powerful. Sounds like this album is going to be quite darker than DT's previous work.

Yes, these sound great - much better than The Burden of Love Alive!

Now, I'm wondering how many bonus-tracks they recorded and on what releases can we expect them to appear. I recall there was a mention of 15 songs being practiced before the band went to record the album, but perhaps some of them weren't finished.

-Villain

1) Point of ignition
2) Dream oblivion
3) The fatalist
4) Life without
5) Zero distance
6) Her silent language
7) Shadow in our blood
8) Surface the infinite
10) I am the void
11) Iridium

What wondrous titles!!! All we need to know is if they're the official ones! Sr. Caotico, please tell us!

I love the titles, specially 'Her Silent Language'. Mikael should study linguistics :) .

The titles are indeed, quite dark, more than previous DT albums IMO.

Notice that the album is 'We Are the Void', but the track is 'I am the Void' hehe.

Can't wait!!!!!!! I'm getting very enthusiastic about the new album!!!

:headbang: :kickass:

Let's see here...This was correct at the time of the pre-listening session for journalists, but one of the titles has been changed. Also, one song has been removed from the tracklist and replaced with another one.

"The burden of love alive" got changed to something else (luckily), but it won't be on the regular album. 15 songs + one instrumental were recorded, so some have to be saved for bonus tracks.

EDIT: "Point of ignition" is actually called "At the point of ignition".

Let's see here...This was correct at the time of the pre-listening session for journalists, but one of the titles has been changed. Also, one song has been removed from the tracklist and replaced with another one.

"The burden of love alive" got changed to something else (luckily), but it won't be on the regular album. 15 songs + one instrumental were recorded, so some have to be saved for bonus tracks.

Ok just wondering: does this mean that at some point after the initial release a definitive version with all 16 tunes will be released like with "Fiction"? Or will you release a MCD with the remaining tunes that didn't make the album?
Some of us are unemployed ya know, so I'd like to know in advance. :p

i have a feeling that this album will be more intense and darker than fiction sort of like....perfection? On another note, i saw on twitter that they are recording a new video with Vasara. I REALLY hope that they do something different this time around and hopefully use niklas amazing creative skills much more. Just imagen all the amazing things u could do in u managed to incoporate it. Sort of like lost to apathy, just more =)

Ah OK, good to know. Haha so you didn't like "The Burden of Love Alive" either, huh? :p

Ok just wondering: does this mean that at some point after the initial release a definitive version with all 16 tunes will be released like with "Fiction"? Or will you release a MCD with the remaining tunes that didn't make the album?
Some of us are unemployed ya know, so I'd like to know in advance. :p

No, this time there won't be any "extended" edition released a while later - at least that's the plan right now.

There will be bonus songs for some licence territories/formats and for the special edition though.

gaaah! haha taste is like the ass...divided. Or its like an ass, can be very great or very sloppy =) I did enjoy damage, but i still prefer more emotional, more intense stuff from DT...i thought inside was absolutely necesseray for fiction to be decent.

I'm actually hoping the album is a little more upbeat like Damage Done. I didn't like the darker sounds on Inside the Particle Storm.
If it covers all the facets of Dark Tranquillity's sound then some songs on the album are more upbeat and some are darker, bit like ItPS. Hopefully some impressions from journalists will soon start to appear. Perhaps not during this month but next.

No, this time there won't be any "extended" edition released a while later - at least that's the plan right now.

There will be bonus songs for some licence territories/formats and for the special edition though.

OK, thanks for the info! So the usual stuff, more tracks for Japan and the LP I guess?

Will we be able to see the cover soon :) ?

The studio updates look nice, although the bits of the new stuff didnt sound particularly interesting, with the exception of Niklas playing some riffs in the 3rd one - I immediately pricked my ears to that. Im actually hoping for more stuff from Niklas in the vein of ITPS, but thats probably not going to happen. All in all, I hope the album is consistent - I still skip Miserys Crown and Mundane and the Magic, because I just cant listen to those songs together with the rest of Fiction.