We Are The Void

Atom heart 243.5 features some speaking in swedish played backwards from about 2.37 to about 2.42

Ohhh, I don't think those were lyrics :D

I don't know if you were around when it was explained what that REALLY was :heh:

That is why I am using CDs bought for my collection only several times. Mostly to make copies of them (of course not for sale) :)

7 years ago I had a crappy CD player and scratching the CDs eventually was inevitable. iPods were released just a year before (2001), and... you know, times were different :D

I buy very few CDs nowadays (only bands I like, which are very few, or if the deal is right), and they mostly collect dust in my room and around anyway :)

iPods were released just a year before (2001), and... you know, times were different :D
But there were Sound Forge and other mp3-ripping soft as Audiocatalyst, Audio Grabber and etc. for sure :p

I buy very few CDs nowadays (only bands I like, which are very few, or if the deal is right), and they mostly collect dust in my room and around anyway
Absolutely the same to me but I love my collection :)

I don't know if you were around when it was explained what that REALLY was

Is there a chance that you could explain it? ;)

But there were Sound Forge and other mp3-ripping soft as Audiocatalyst, Audio Grabber and etc. for sure :p

Well, you had to have a computer for that.

I just moved to the States in 2002 (as I said - times were different), and I finally was able to get a PC only in spring 2003 as there were other matters at hand besides preserving CDs :D

Is there a chance that you could explain it? ;)

If memory serves me right - those were drunk (?) expletive ramblings (in Swedish) of one of the band members :heh: I think it was Johansson :D

SO from what you all heard in the report vid, what do you think of that music? I know it's little to speculate off of, but i thought it was pretty good.

I thought the clips in the video sounded great, really atmospheric from what we could hear. Sounds like Brändström is the backbone of the album again.

That little part of new song made me shiver down my spine.
As always before we are getting genuine melodic death metal with amazing keys and catchy vocal parts. I wonder if we will hear some clean vocals again. But it's okay if we won't. And I'm dying to:
a) see them live (16 days left!!!)
b) hear new record

And of course I wanna learn more details about "we Are The Void"

Don't go down with 40C fever on the eve of the show :heh:

Ye talking to me? :p

Ironically enough, there's an At the Gates 3 DVD coming out on February 22nd too; a good month for the Göteborg scene :) .

A bit out of topic, but me (and another guy) have made a list of the major releases for 2010:

Orphaned Land
Borknagar
Finntroll
At the Gates (3 DVD)
Dark Tranquillity
Lamented Souls
Simen (personal album)
Vintersorg
Dream Evil
Gravisphere
Waterclime
Solefald
Age of Silence
Ihsahn
Blind Guardian
Symphony x
Wintersun
Sigh
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Ulver

19 albums to buy….

My two cents about the titles: I really like "We are the Void" and the few tentative song titles that were mentioned - except for "The Burden of Love Alive", which, as others have said, just sounds too generic and cheesy for DT. Then again, so does "Single Part of Two", which is a great song regardless, proving that we should not judge a song by its title.

Actually, this gave me an idea for a new thread...

-Villain

Brändström is the backbone of the album again
That's the way it's meant to be. But anyway I hope he'll be using more synths and less classical piano sounds on that record

OFFTOPIC:
Don't go down with 40C fever on the eve of the show :heh:
Oh tustt me - I won't, my friend. And I'm going there in any damn way!

And don't get mauled by those bears with balalaikas in the streets while you are at it
I've got an outstanding regulations-video for that sort of things. And as far as you're finally coming here soon (uh?) I'm gonna share with you

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Defiance, and off topic also lol. You included wintersun in your list of albums.....have they actually set a date yet? lol

@ Defiance, and off topic also lol. You included wintersun in your list of albums.....have they actually set a date yet? lol

There is some type of Axl Rose joke to be made here...

Jari & Wintersun present their new album....Finnish Democracy!

*ahem*

I had heard something about Jari being unemployed and not having the money to finish it yet? Could all be heresay, but who knows?

lol yeah thats pretty funny...jari always is having problems with recording....he needs to keep it simple so he can go ahead and release the damn thing.

I think putting the words Wintersun and Simple in a description would form some type of oxymoron that would tear a void in the space-time continuum and send us into an alternative reality paradox in which Dark Tranquillity was a pop-band, Dissection was Christian Metal and Vintersorg was singing about animals instead of space...

And the new Wintersun album would STILL not be released.

The second part of

I can't watch it right now 'cause I'm at work where I kinda reached the double (or maybe tripple) monthly limit of an internet-traffic. So I envy each of you who are able to view it right now!

You crazy Russian transplant

He's not russian, he's just one of a potato-nation kind :heh:

Last edited by a moderator: