We Are The Void

AND my opinion is this, i think it's be great to hear an album thats a mix of fiction style and minds I style, not sticking to fiction, and not completely retrograding, but a mix, i think it would be epic ownage.

Did you read linear notes for the re-issues? Do so if you didn't. In short: no one really cares if you are disappointed in the end - it's not about catering to each and everyone.

I'm not asking to be catered to. That's not what creating music is about, unless you're a sellout, and DT is plainly not that.

And no I haven't read the liner notes for the re-issues. I already have the original releases and don't care to pay again, sorry.

I'm not asking to be catered to. That's not what creating music is about, unless you're a sellout, and DT is plainly not that.

And no I haven't read the liner notes for the re-issues. I already have the original releases and don't care to pay again, sorry.

Aren't original supposed to be like worn out by now? My original DD is unplayable (7 fucking years, man!), and Haven just disintegrated. I don't normally buy CDs any longer, but these were a good buy. And notes are fucking awesome :)

I'm prefer "We Are The Void" over "The Void" but that's just me. I'd rather them do another shorter title too...something in a way referencing older stuff like "Masquerade" or something diff. like "Unforgiven" or "Ether"....I am a bit sick of the romantic, melancholic wording as I think it's something of the past but if maybe a little bit of that is cool. I like how alot of their titles are more psychological and "scientific" I guess.

Aren't original supposed to be like worn out by now? My original DD is unplayable (7 fucking years, man!), and Haven just disintegrated. I don't normally buy CDs any longer, but these were a good buy. And notes are fucking awesome :)

My copies of The Gallery and The Mind's I work fine, they have only a few scratches at most. As soon as I could I put their songs onto my iPod and archived them on my computer so that I could save the discs and the booklets from the wear and tear.

Some of the artwork on the reissues is nice though, but nothing beats the originals. Unfortunately back then they were so unknown that a tour of the U.S. was a pipe dream and I couldn't get a Gallery t-shirt. Sometimes change is good.

I still think the title just doesn't fit....'The Void' or even just 'Void' for a unique take would have been great but....really, I just can't imagine DT using the phrase 'we are'. Sounds more like a In Flames title like 'Soundtrack to your escape'.

Great. Still so much time until then though.

And Niklas, can one hope to maybe see a video to one of the upcoming songs made by you?

Release dates:

SWEDEN: February 24, 2010
GERMANY / AUSTRIA / SWITZERLAND / BENELUX / ITALY / AUSTRALIA: February 26, 2010
UK / FRANCE / GREECE / DENMARK / NORWAY / REST OF EUROPE: March 1, 2010
SPAIN / PORTUGAL: March 2, 2010
FINLAND / HUNGARY: March 3, 2010
NORTH AMERICA: March 9, 2010

Source.

Thanks for posting this!

Great. Still so much time until then though.

And Niklas, can one hope to maybe see a video to one of the upcoming songs made by you?

Of DT or Laethora? I wouldn't mind listening some new songs of the latter too :) .

Release dates:

SWEDEN: February 24, 2010
GERMANY / AUSTRIA / SWITZERLAND / BENELUX / ITALY / AUSTRALIA: February 26, 2010
UK / FRANCE / GREECE / DENMARK / NORWAY / REST OF EUROPE: March 1, 2010
SPAIN / PORTUGAL: March 2, 2010
FINLAND / HUNGARY: March 3, 2010
NORTH AMERICA: March 9, 2010

Source.

Great!!! I'll pre-order them from Nuclearblast.de again! Can't wait!!! :headbang:

Now, comments on the video:

Maybe you should starts with a song other than Terminus, it's a great song and I love it but it's being used too much IMO.

Some parts really sounded a lot like Fiction, at 1st I thought one of the songs was from said album, not the new one. Kind of worrying.

The last part sounded great (piano+guitars), I really liked it.

Keep the videos coming! :headbang:

I still think the title just doesn't fit....'The Void' or even just 'Void' for a unique take would have been great but....really, I just can't imagine DT using the phrase 'we are'. Sounds more like a In Flames title like 'Soundtrack to your escape'.

I think it's great. It's different from anything they have done which is a good sign. And if the studio video is any indication they have taken an even darker direction which gives the title even greater significance.

Some of you said that "We Are The Void" wasn't DT-ish. So, don't you remember the reason why "Projector" was made this way?
Because DT felt theirselves too cramped within the sound created by theirselves. So there is nothing wrong if band is trying or choosing completely different paths.
The only thing that matters to me for "We Are The Void" is to be sincere. Anyway I'm sure that lyrical part would stay the same we are used to...

As to "The Burden Of Love Alive"... C'mon, people! Aren't we all mature enough to figure out that there is nothing shameful in loving somebody or suffering from it? Helooooo!!! :Smug:
This is not "emo" speculating on that sort of things to take more money from teenagers having their tiny troubles. That's a really significant part of our lives! And it's quite obvious that it is urgent for every man (20 or 40 year old).
Isn't it for you?

And I really like the "making of" video. I enjoyed seeing guys collaborating on songs and not acting on camera. I appreciate it!

My original DD is unplayable (7 fucking years, man!), and Haven just disintegrated.
That is why I am using CDs bought for my collection only several times. Mostly to make copies of them (of course not for sale) :)

As to "The Burden Of Love Alive"... C'mon, people! Aren't we all mature enough to figure out that there is nothing shameful in loving somebody or suffering from it? Helooooo!!! :Smug:
This is not "emo" speculating on that sort of things to take more money from teenagers having their tiny troubles. That's a really significant part of our lives! And it's quite obvious that it is urgent for every man (20 or 40 year old).
Isn't it for you?

You may be right but I still think it sounds cheesy.