We Are The Void

It's rather bold (and/or dumb) from you to ask someone to leak the album and then openly admit it in the official forum.

It's bit unfortunate to hear that he wasn't satisfied but maybe he listened to it only once or twice and that wasn't enough. I read the album doesn't open immediately but requires several listens and that kind of albums usually get mixed reactions. New Katatonia for example. I usually appreciate challenging albums but some ppl always expect easy hits and if the album doesn't open immediately they just throw it away then.

I totally disagree with the first part, but that's just my opinion.
And as far as I could notice from his tracklisting, he only listened to the album twice.
And I still find hard to believe that the album is bad... I'm going more towards the fact that the album is difficult to digest in the first few listens.

It's rather bold (and/or dumb) from you to ask someone to leak the album and then openly admit it in the official forum.

It's bit unfortunate to hear that he wasn't satisfied but maybe he listened to it only once or twice and that wasn't enough. I read the album doesn't open immediately but requires several listens and that kind of albums usually get mixed reactions. New Katatonia for example. I usually appreciate challenging albums but some ppl always expect easy hits and if the album doesn't open immediately they just throw it away then.

Personally, I love albums that take a while to get into. Because it just grows on you. If you listen to an album and you instantly think it's spectacular, it's probably not going to be in 4 or 5 listens. Albums that take long to get into stay great either a long time or forever.

And as far as I could notice from his tracklisting, he only listened to the album twice.
And I still find hard to believe that the album is bad... I'm going more towards the fact that the album is difficult to digest in the first few listens.

Yeah, I don't think the album is bad, bad and DT don't go together hehe. As someone who made reviews of metal (mostly) albums, you can't really listen to an album twice and then say a definite opinion. Maybe you should say to that guy to listen to it again and then tell you what you think hehe :p .

Personally, I love albums that take a while to get into. Because it just grows on you. If you listen to an album and you instantly think it's spectacular, it's probably not going to be in 4 or 5 listens. Albums that take long to get into stay great either a long time or forever.

Me too! I love the feeling of 'Oh…, now I get it!' that you get when you start to understand an album. It's like discovering unknown beauties in it. Something like this happened to me with How to Measure a Planet? of The Gathering, after four or five (full) listens I knew what I had in front of me: One of the best records of all time.

Fiction was like that for me, took a few spins to get into and now its one of my favorite albums, period. Character too, as a matter of fact.

Actually, I think most of my favorite albums were like that. Vintersorg projects as a whole were like that for me.

Me too! I love the feeling of 'Oh…, now I get it!' that you get when you start to understand an album. It's like discovering unknown beauties in it. Something like this happened to me with How to Measure a Planet? of The Gathering, after four or five (full) listens I knew what I had in front of me: One of the best records of all time.

When I think of albums like that, I think Whoracle. Probably because it was a little too heavy for me at the time. At first all I heard was "RAWR RAWR RAWR SPACE LYRICS!!!! *pointless solo out of nowhere* *generic down tuned riffs* *acoustic section*" Then suddenly, I could "handle" it and hear the beauty and brutality of Whoracle.

Fiction was like that for me, took a few spins to get into and now its one of my favorite albums, period. Character too, as a matter of fact.

Actually, I think most of my favorite albums were like that. Vintersorg projects as a whole were like that for me.

Neither Fiction nor Character took many spins for me, maybe a bit more for Fiction, but I loved Character (and still do) from the moment I heard it.

When I think of albums like that, I think Whoracle. Probably because it was a little too heavy for me at the time. At first all I heard was "RAWR RAWR RAWR SPACE LYRICS!!!! *pointless solo out of nowhere* *generic down tuned riffs* *acoustic section*" Then suddenly, I could "handle" it and hear the beauty and brutality of Whoracle.

Ah hahahahaha, "RAWR RAWR RAWR SPACE LYRICS" :lol: . I liked Whoracle since the beginning, but I had already heard lots of Death and DT, so it wasn't that heavy. It's still a pretty great album anyhow (and to continue with the 'cover' controversy, Niklas did the cover of this album hehe).

In last.fm some people apparently have already heard the album and it seems that songs listed below appear in the new album. I don't know the order of tracks though.

At The Point Of Ignition
Dream Oblivion
The Fatalist
In My Absence
Archangelsk
Her Silent Language
Shadow In Our Blood
Surface The Infinite
The Grandest Accusation
I Am The Void
Iridium

Are those right songs, Caotico (Niklas)?

Yarr! This tracklisting be correct.

But it's "Arkhangelsk" and not "Archangelsk".

Well, I think after doing so many diverse albums, it would be the idea to take everything you've done and remold that. Thats just me though, I don't know.

the whoracle cover is awful. Just awful. Fiction was related to as being a modern version of the Gallery which i think was just totally incorrect. And now they are saying the same thing again. Dont really get it. Did i miss something?

Since no one here seems to know for sure, I just checked the Whoracle booklet (shouldn't you all have it since you are talking about the album :) ). The artwork was made by Andreas Marshall. Niklas wrote the lyrics of the album "following [the] original synopsis by Anders Fríden" and "conjured and verbalized the Whoracle concept".

There, now you know everything and are ready to take over the world.

Since no one here seems to know for sure, I just checked the Whoracle booklet (shouldn't you all have it since you are talking about the album :) ). The artwork was made by Andreas Marshall. Niklas wrote the lyrics of the album "following [the] original synopsis by Anders Fríden" and "conjured and verbalized the Whoracle concept".

There, now you know everything and are ready to take over the world.

Ah yes it was the lyrics! Sorry, my bad! :p But he has certainly done many drawings for In Flames anyhow.