We Are The Void

It's probably common that journalists copy the album to friends that they really trust. Just meant that a "leak" in the usual sense of the word - the music speading fast as a shark on the P2P networks and being available to everyone - hasn't happened yet.

No idea what particular watermarking method C.M. uses, but I'm guessing it's somehow encoded in the audio and not just metadata info. I thought that the process was the same as in image watermarking, i.e. that the info still would be traceable even if the original is converted or has been ran through filters, but there probably are ways of bypassing it.

There are no physical CD promos at all, just downloads (as far as I know).

Qtulhu: I totally disagree with your "temptation theory", it's a fact that I will download the album on the internet, and IF I like it (which is very likely anyway) I'll buy it, and that's the right thing to do IMO, because it's not very wise to spend money in something that you dont know whether you are going to like or not.
However, I understand the position of Century Media, Dark Tranquillity is already a very well-known band, and they are doing their job to avoid the leaking.
Well, I'll explain my theory bit more. I was talking about the advance leak. When the album hits stores, it will quickly appear in the net too but when it's also available in stores it doesn't hurt sales that much.

I agree that blind buys can be risky investment (of sorts) and I quite rarely do those but there are some bands whose albums usually deliver and one can buy those without hearing them first. You seem to think that every band can fail. Nobody is saying that you are not allowed to test it before buying but why it should happen a month before the official release? That's just impatience or perhaps you are just a pirate whose intention is only to dl it.

Well, I'll explain my theory bit more. I was talking about the advance leak. When the album hits stores, it will quickly appear in the net too but when it's also available in stores it doesn't hurt sales that much.

I agree that blind buys can be risky investment (of sorts) and I quite rarely do those but there are some bands whose albums usually deliver and one can buy those without hearing them first. You seem to think that every band can fail. Nobody is saying that you are not allowed to test it before buying but why it should happen a month before the official release? That's just impatience or perhaps you are just a pirate whose intention is only to dl it.

Ah, if that's your point, I totally agree, I understand the position of Century Media as I mentioned before in one of my posts.
In other words, I do think every band can fail...it's not like DT (or other bands for that matter) ever did that, because they haven't... but it's possible, but I'll just wait just like everyone else.
Patience is a virtue :p

you guys have your panties in a bunch-chill out!

Seriously, in the long breaks between albums, i will come on here and see pointless post after post. Im here to talk about DT and their music-nothing more!

As for this album, im really not digging it-i have listened to it about 10 times now. I took a break at work for lunch, sat in my car and listened to it really thoughtfully and it just doesnt do anything for me. I think its a combo of the more goth-oriented song writting and/or the production, which seems really flat.

Fiction took about 10 listens to really get the gist of the album, but after 10 of this one, im still lost. :erk:

10 times to get into Fiction? Wow lol.
U really seem to have difficulties to "understand" some albums :)
It's a fact that I didn't love Fiction from the first minute, but as soon as I heard it three of four times I started to get into it.

Caotico: There is something I am really curious about, since the album comes out Worldwide in the beggining of March, and the tour in the States will begin on the 4th of February, that means you are going to play a setlist plenty of new songs despite the fact that the album won't be out by that time, right?

Caotico: There is something I am really curious about, since the album comes out Worldwide in the beggining of March, and the tour in the States will begin on the 4th of February, that means you are going to play a setlist plenty of new songs despite the fact that the album won't be out by that time, right?

Not really sure, but usually one wouldn't want to play too many new songs if the album isn't already out. Guessing that there will be more WATV material in the setlist after the release date.

I also think that if it should leak it should not be posted here that it did since those who really want to have it should search for themselves. It is only fair to those who want to wait for the official release.

Considering what matse just said, and I agree.
I think it would be fair enough to open a new topic regarding WATV (but warning of course for the fact that it contains spoilers).

I'm ok with whichever you prefer - old thread or new - but I'm going to remove posts addressing the subject of the new record leaking from now on, because it's a small step from whether to when to where to how's the quality, and it's not as if you're proving your l33t haxor skillz just because you can google search for band name + album title.

So i heard that the album was either recorded at or mixed down to 192Kb, which is odd since most albums in metal are done at 320 now. Just wondering if anyone knew if that was true or not????

What you are talking about is mp3 resolution. All albums are released in 44,1khz and 16 bit. We use 24 bit when we work with the material for higher effect resolutions. We really don´t have any control over what the quality of the material leaking to the internet is - unfortunately.

But isnt it true that the more you tamper with a file during mixing the more the resolution with actually deter? I took a couple classes of studio tech but slept...guess i pay the price by looking like a complete ass right now.lol.