We Are The Void

*In before plintus* :p

No, I believe it was something along the lines of "full of untapped, possibly devastating potential".

By the way, Mr. Grammar, he's also deserved a [sic] if that's the game we play, because I think it's pretty non-standard for he has. At least, that's what I was trying for with my impromptu Jack Bauer impression. ;)

Ahhhh, then that's awesome :).

Haha I placed the [sic] because it should've been forgotten. I don't know Jack Bauer, so sorry I guess. I made a mistake on my post too, so I should shut up :lol: . (Runs and edits post.)

Got mine this morning, with the signed photo. I really like the design of the digipak. It's Void time! :D

Excellent! Would you mind posting a pic of the photo?

I started my own thread, regarding discussion of technical aspects of the album. There is entirely too much material, on a single aspect of WATV to be placed in amongst other things that people might like to say. I also double posted, to leave myself space for navigation and add the first section of the work. I welcome everyone's opinions, questions and flames.

Much, much more to come.

So frickin' much...so tired...

Excellent! Would you mind posting a pic of the photo?

4387106768_2e1d35e2b8_o.jpg

You want a pic of the digipak as well? Really nice layout imho!

Yeah, but great patrons of art take the time to notice that that album cover is missing critical motifs that appear in the lyrics. First, and most obviously, the open skin exposes the wall behind it, completely missing the "void" aspect. Second, the position of his hands, as well as the tension in the tendons, suggests he's tearing open another section of skin. On the WATV cover, while he appears to be holding the cavity open to expose the void, he's probably about to "stretch [his] skin around/to cover the abyss."

Finally, and most critically, it's missing the juxtaposition of the body with a building. Find all of the references to buildings and parts of buildings in various songs on the album, and use the implied relationship from the cover to interpret.

Certainly, the concepts are similar, which is obviously all that was being suggested. I'm a believer that the artistry is in the details. The Floodgate cover is lame because it's grotesque without concept. The WATV cover, while easy to make jokes about and not as delightfully abstract as Niklas' work, at least has a concept and one much more tied to the subject matter than most metal bands.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Notice, also, that the "streamers" from the void inside the cavity extend outside of the body. I'll give you a dollar if you can identify a moment on the album where the protagonist projects the "void" and has the land echo it back to him.

Did anyone else notice at the bottom of today's email from CMdistro, it reads if you are one of the first 500 who order the WATV deluxe with a tshirt, you will receive the booklet autographed. I ordered early so maybe I'll get an autographed copy?
SWEET -

Did anyone else notice at the bottom of today's email from CMdistro, it reads if you are one of the first 500 who order the WATV deluxe with a tshirt, you will receive the booklet autographed. I ordered early so maybe I'll get an autographed copy?
SWEET -

Yeah, I hope I get that too, would be awesome...

I'm debating getting the vinyl, not that I have a player but I think it would be cool for wall hanging purposes. Though, I do want to get a vinyl player, and get my Rush discography. Vinylography? Whatever...

Yeah, I hope I get that too, would be awesome...

I'm debating getting the vinyl, not that I have a player but I think it would be cool for wall hanging purposes. Though, I do want to get a vinyl player, and get my Rush discography. Vinylography? Whatever...

Yeah vinylography :p . I guess you'd say record collection.

Speaking of which, yesterday I got a lovely e-mail from Nuclear DE, which said that the package is on the way. Wahoo, can't wait!!! I think I'll have everything by Wednesday! :headbang:

I'll post pics of the vinyl and digi as soon as I get it.

haha agian, AMAZING release best one so far... So, have anybody heard anything about the next video?? i really hope they do one with a really heavy song, and not go safe like they did with fiction (ended up really boring, all of them, even though the lego was funny). Arkhangelsk, surfare och iridium would be amazing. Hopefully the record sells well and they can make an even better video than shadow, im still waiting for Niklas to participate more in the videomaking...Shadow was great but the still have a notch up to Tools videos =)

Can anyone who has received a copy of the album check the lyrics against the ones posted online? They're popping up all over the place, and I'm pretty sure they're not accurate. They look like they're transcriptions from off of the recording, but I'm not hearing what's online.

DarkLyrics has: "we fragile, naked, rare" in Iridium, and I'm hearing "each shred unique and rare." That's one of a few dozen differences from what I hear.

The lyrics from Dream Oblivion don't match up with what you can see briefly in the Making Of, either. "He looks the serpent in the eye" vs. "He looks the enemy in the eye."

I just want to know if the sources online are vastly inaccurate, or if my ears are misleading me.

DarkLyrics has: "we fragile, naked, rare" in Iridium, and I'm hearing "each shred unique and rare." That's one of a few dozen differences from what I hear.

That one is "Shattered into a million brighter stars (although it does say suns in the booklet it is definitely stars), each flare unique and rare"

The lyrics from Dream Oblivion don't match up with what you can see briefly in the Making Of, either. "He looks the serpent in the eye" vs. "He looks the enemy in the eye."

"he takes a stand and looks his enemy in the eye"