We Are The Void

And so with hearing the new DT album, I have to say that I don't think the fans will be as accepting to what this album's sound is like, I think many fans are expecting a lot of experimentation, chaos, emotion, hooks ect ect and I think the sound of this album could be described as something a bit more straight-foward than that approach. I think the two myspace songs are the strongest, and I think they showcase the formula/sound of each song there is to be found.

I have to say as a long time fan who owns quite a few Dt albums, that this album does not compare. Wether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I think that's up to everyone to decide for themselves, but I think the main thing is I won't be buying this album for myself, and despite the fact I do keep free downloaded music, I deleted this album off my computer for the simple fact that I think this is one chapter of DT that is in all ways not for me, and I think I'd do better just to use this as a time to reflect on Dt's past albums, and finally buy Haven and Projector; two of DT's strongest and most experimental albums IMO.

On a different note: I think that Opeth's next release will probably be the album for me, Akerfeldt supposedly was talking about how the next one will be a huge concept opus, and I think that's really what I need to get me back in the metal groove. Until then, I think I may just have to stick to my new guilty delights; Serena Ryder and Ladyhawke =P.

And so with hearing the new DT album, I have to say that I don't think the fans will be as accepting to what this album's sound is like, I think many fans are expecting a lot of experimentation, chaos, emotion, hooks ect ect and I think the sound of this album could be described as something a bit more straight-foward than that approach. I think the two myspace songs are the strongest, and I think they showcase the formula/sound of each song there is to be found.

It might lack some hooks but it is still a really good album. And while you talk about the myspace songs being the strongest on the album, I feel they are more towards the bottom, maybe the middle. I guess I can see why some people won't really like it, but it has a great mix of songs no matter what style you like. Its still a solid album, thats all i'm going to say for now till the release ( and yes I do have it preordered).

I'm really debating on buying a turn table and that vinyl..

I remember the first band I really ever loved, was Rush. I was around three and found Exit Stage Left on vinyl and played it, so it was either late 1988 or early 1989. To this day, I believe old Rush still sounds best on vinyl.

And so with hearing the new DT album, I have to say that I don't think the fans will be as accepting to what this album's sound is like...I think the two myspace songs are the strongest, and I think they showcase the formula/sound of each song there is to be found.

1) Depends on how you define fan. If you actually like the DT sound, you'll recognize this as very familiar, with some wonderful experimentation. I think it's the best yet. And even if you don't like it as much as what came before, I think that fans will still be very receptive. Remember that you're listening to it in an incomprehensibly shitty rip.

2) At the Point of Ignition is great, but you put Dream Oblivion over other things that you heard? I like DO, it's a very unique song, and it definitely serves a purpose on the album. But, without spoiling anything, you put that song over some of the other gems on the album? Like that one with the gorgeous keys in the intro, or the one with the ultimate chorus of destruction?

Are you insane?

Indeed, WATV stands for everything DT really is (and ever was), apart from a few songs that contain "new elements", I think the fans will accept the album as well as they accepted the previous ones.

Hm...who knew that Dark Tranquillity were gonna be the people to invent audio crack. The only track i don's LOVE is Dream Oblivion....and thats still very good.

I stand by the fact that this album is more straight-foward, not experimentive, if you've heard album like Projector and Fiction and know what experimentation actually is. It's not that I listen to DT only for experiments, I like straight-foward albums like Haven and Character too, but those albums have very strong, fun, emotionative, and fist pumping hooks. For straight-foward music, you need hooks. For experimentation, you need experimentation. And I do believe that neither is found on this album, especially in abundance. As always, there are a few songs that break their own mold, but 8 out of 11 are truly not good in my opinion, in terms of hooks, experiments, or strength.

I just feel like some of the fans aren't realistically judging this album, and are treating it like how die-hard fans do.

Will there be a digipack with bonus tracks or something?
Well, in Making of WATV part 5 posted today, Mikael Stanne said it was 15 tracks..normal album version has 11, I think Japan has 2 extras. Dunno about the other 2.