We Are The Void

Hell... That's completely different from what they have ever done... I still cannot decide whether I like it or not. But man! It has nothing to do with "Dream Oblivion" or "At The Point Of Ignition". I second what Defiance said that I am toally confused and have no clue what to expect from the upcoming album... :confused:

Спасибо for posting the video!

I. In every way. Am. Doted On. It.

This is, without any doubt, the best video the band has done since either Lost to Apathy or Monochromatic Stains. This is how a video is done!!! Misery's Crown was such a disappointment, but this video is outstanding!!! Simply magnificent!!!

On the song, I feel the same. I think it's an excellent, impressive song. Very dark, and there I say, very progressive in many parts. As 'Lost to Apathy' said, I'm confused as hell. I think this album will kind of be like 'Projector', something totally different, but heavier. Or maybe not :p , since Dream Oblivion sounded pretty Fiction DT. Since a lot of reviews have said that the album takes a few listens to adore, I think it might be because each song is very different from each other. The three songs that have been 'legally' uploaded are quite dissimilar. They do have the same style, but overall they are not alike.

I cannot wait more, I must have this album!!!

:lol: yeah. I think it's great that all band members appear on it, Mikael obviously has the leading role in the video(s), but I like how the other members appear. The style is very nice, you can barely see their faces, it's mostly the instruments.

I loved how at one point (a little after 1:00) Mikael moves his hand and grabs and moves a tree branch, it was an excellent scene :kickass: .

EDIT:

I've watched it three times, and keep liking it more and more. I love the tear at around 1:37 :) .

A great DT video with a unique look for a great DT song with a unique sound - makes me very happy! :kickass:

After listening to Dream Oblivion, At the Point of Ignition and Shadow in Our Blood, I just have to seriously question the hearing ability and/or sanity of everyone who still claims DT made "yet another" album in the DD-Character-Fiction vein. Not that those albums were even that similar in the first place, but this appears to be the biggest change in style in the band's history since Projector. And it's a welcome change, even though I think Fiction is the best album they've ever made.

Now, I can perfectly understand if someone doesn't like this new direction the band is taking. I'm not yet sure how much I like it myself, for I need to listen to the whole album before I can make my mind. But it certainly sounds promising.

-Villain

A great DT video with a unique look for a great DT song with a unique sound - makes me very happy! :kickass:

After listening to Dream Oblivion, At the Point of Ignition and Shadow in Our Blood, I just have to seriously question the hearing ability and/or sanity of everyone who still claims DT made "yet another" album in the DD-Character-Fiction vein. Not that those albums were even that similar in the first place, but this appears to be the biggest change in style in the band's history since Projector. And it's a welcome change, even though I think Fiction is the best album they've ever made.

Now, I can perfectly understand if someone doesn't like this new direction the band is taking. I'm not yet sure how much I like it myself, for I need to listen to the whole album before I can make my mind. But it certainly sounds promising.

-Villain

Yeah Fiction and Character are not similar, but I think Dream Oblivion does sound very much in Fiction style, mainly because of the guitars. The keyboards are totally different, though. But besides this, it doesn't sound like Fiction at all.

And yes, it sounds (more than) promising. Again, I think this will be like a darker, heavier Projector. Who knows, maybe the rest of the songs only have clean vocals :lol: .

Without revealing too much and spoiling anything, there IS a lot of variety in this album. A few songs tread familiar ground, reminding one of Character and/or Fiction while sounding less distant from each other stylistically (they're still awesome though, trust me), but some of them are really far apart; DO, SioB and AtPoI as you've heard are quite dissimilar from each other, yet still sharing more in common with each other than with songs like Arkhangelsk and Iridium, for example.

Also, that video is awesome.:kickass:

Good to know that the leaked version i have is of crap quality. I really thought that was the actual production on the album. that makes me happy. That was one of my main gripes about the album. Glad that the CD will be a better production :)

Good to know that the leaked version i have is of crap quality. I really thought that was the actual production on the album. that makes me happy. That was one of my main gripes about the album. Glad that the CD will be a better production :)

Yeah, I deleted the leaked webrip after about 15 listens and now wait impatiently for the HQ CD.

It's different, and awesome. I think you just have to get used to the song alittle bit more :)
You were absolutely right. Confusion changed to comprehension - it's a relly good song containing never-used-before features

Спасибо for posting the video!

I. In every way. Am. Doted On. It.

This is, without any doubt, the best video the band has done since either Lost to Apathy or Monochromatic Stains. This is how a video is done!!! Misery's Crown was such a disappointment, but this video is outstanding!!! Simply magnificent!!!

On the song, I feel the same. I think it's an excellent, impressive song. Very dark, and there I say, very progressive in many parts. As 'Lost to Apathy' said, I'm confused as hell. I think this album will kind of be like 'Projector', something totally different, but heavier. Or maybe not :p , since Dream Oblivion sounded pretty Fiction DT. Since a lot of reviews have said that the album takes a few listens to adore, I think it might be because each song is very different from each other. The three songs that have been 'legally' uploaded are quite dissimilar. They do have the same style, but overall they are not alike.
De nada, dude!

I'm stuck on this video and song. On my way to work I realized that the main riff stuck in my head.

And yeah - THE VIDEO! There are so much details that you definately miss for the first time viewing. But then you spot that wonderful moment with grabbing the branch, moment with the tear flowing and realize that it's completely amazing work. And for sure it's kinda not for the masses. I mean you should use your mind to understand the idea
Isn't it still very DT-ish? :)

And finally I'd like to mention this arabic harmony at the very beginning. Magestic!

Still "Shadow In Our Blood" is an old Dark Tranquillity (before "We Are The Void" era I mean) but this time it is hidden between the line more carefully than ever :headbang:

Video is indeed creepy, dark and weird and the song is very good. Some Mikael's movements kinda reminds me of a vampire who notices that sun is about to rise. I remember that Mikael said in some interview that it wasn't that pleasant to carried around in a wagon on cold Finnish countryside.

Samples are available here. Sounds very promising and it seems that there's a track called The Bow And The Arrow on the album too. Bonus track apparently. Limited edition contains 2 other bonus tracks as well.
12. Star Of Nothingness (Instr.) (2:12)
13. To Where Fires Cannot Feed (3:56)

De nada, dude!

I'm stuck on this video and song. On my way to work I realized that the main riff stuck in my head.

And yeah - THE VIDEO! There are so much details that you definately miss for the first time viewing. But then you spot that wonderful moment with grabbing the branch, moment with the tear flowing and realize that it's completely amazing work. And for sure it's kinda not for the masses. I mean you should use your mind to understand the idea
Isn't it still very DT-ish? :)

And finally I'd like to mention this arabic harmony at the very beginning. Magestic!

Still "Shadow In Our Blood" is an old Dark Tranquillity (before "We Are The Void" era I mean) but this time it is hidden between the line more carefully than ever :headbang:

Yeah it's a great song! And an excellent video! :headbang:

Samples are available there. Sounds very promising and it seems that there's a track called The Bow And The Arrow on the album too. Bonus track apparently. Limited edition contains 2 other bonus tracks as well.
12. Star Of Nothingness (Instr.) (2:12)
13. To Where Fires Cannot Feed (3:56)

Hey thanks a lot for the link!!!

The album sounds great, the clear vocals sound very strange in 'Her Silent Language' and 'Iridium', but it's really hard to tell with a 30sec preview :p . In general, with these small previews, the album sounds better than Fiction. And that, my fellows, is amazing.

Ah bollocks I guess I'll have to start another 'Best DT album thread in few months' :p .

And yeah - THE VIDEO! There are so much details that you definately miss for the first time viewing. But then you spot that wonderful moment with grabbing the branch, moment with the tear flowing and realize that it's completely amazing work.

What kind of shit are you on? :D Seriously - those little bits (branch, tear, looking dead/crazy) were so in my face, I'm really surprised you didn't mention them during the very first viewing. But that's probably just me.

In one of the shots, extended view of Mikael, he looks dead with his eyes open wide and not breathing. Intentionally or not, that's fucking creepy (2:42-2:45).

Haha, and I'll get my ass kicked for this, but I will be a meanie and suggest that Mikael was crying cuz that filming process - million hours in the cold laying on that cart - was THAT miserable :heh: However it should have been a good practice before the photoshoot last Friday in one of the worst blizzards ever (heavy snow, 50 mph winds, etc.)

Photo by Yau-kakau Sasnou www.Sasnou.com.

Atlantic City, February 5, 2010:

4346196195_5ae687a710_o.jpg

Haha, and I'll get my ass kicked for this, but I will be a meanie and suggest that Mikael was crying cuz that filming process - million hours in the cold laying on that cart - was THAT miserable :heh: However it should have been a good practice before the photoshoot last Friday in one of the worst blizzards ever (heavy snow, 50 mph winds, etc.)

4346196195_5ae687a710_o.jpg

Actually those were my exact thoughts. 'Oh it's so coooooold buaaaa :cry:' hahaha :lol: .

Finland does get pretty cold I guess har har ;) .

Oh and nice pic too.

I am proud to say that I just pre-ordered 2 WAV ltd. (for me and a friend), a WAV shirt (friend), WAV LP (for me :)), and Borknagar's Universal boxset.

And yes, I'm officially broke. I wanted to order the shirt, but I bought too many on the last gigs so it'll have to wait :p .

Still, I hope I can get money soon to buy the new LPs.

About 37€, a tad more expensive than on Plastichead. BUT, in this case it's one whole package, and I'm sharing the shipping with my friend; so in the end it's much less expensive than if I had bought it from PH. My suggestion is to, if possible, share the shipping with a friend and get it from Nuclear, with the new DT of course. If not, PH is better since it's £6 of shipping, whilst Nuclear is 22€ (respectively: $9.38, $30.18).

Another temptation to reveal some album details for myself. But that would an exact torture after those 30 secs pieces...

What kind of shit are you on? :D Seriously - those little bits (branch, tear, looking dead/crazy) were so in my face, I'm really surprised you didn't mention them during the very first viewing. But that's probably just me.
Иди нах, пупсег :)))

Actually I had a full-time job being disturbed quite often ever through watching the video. And second - I was so fucking shocked of never-used-before sounding that I could fail to mention those details. But I'm finally in now :)

Seems that he was spotted on FunkySouls forum with that photo :)

(Got to get on author's ass - it was IF who took dt to the US in 2002, not KsE).
IF? Never heard of them before... Do they have a MYSpace-page? Seems I should check them out :lol:
Okay, now seriously - they also misspelled Devil Wears Prada name. And this band is the only shitty of those 3 imho

Thanx for nice interview link. It was nice to know that we're gonna have another two bonus tracks. And I strongly hope that there wouldn't be more than one instrumental songs

And I had nearly forgotten about it... How many of you watched studio reports video after 2 songs' release? Did you meantion "At The Point Of Ignition" with alternate vocal parts (and lyrics I guess)?

But I'm still interested about the name of the first song in rehearsal room in report one.

Excellent video. Reminded me of Philippe Ramette's work... go google it. Seriously cool performative/sculpture/photographer who messes with perspectives.

Artist-Philippe-Ramett-001.jpg

And yeah, kudos to Mikael. Bet he has a neck like a bull after keeping his head up in a harness like that. I'd cry too.

The new video is awesome, and I'm strangely enamored with these new songs. I actually didn't like them very much at first, then something clicked and they've been stuck in my head all day long. I can't wait for this album's release.