Welcome to to our favorite band, Mr. Axenrot!!!

T-Rat

Muse Of Fire
Mar 17, 2004
jewtown, ma
www.myspace.com
:kickass:

Dear Mr. Martin "Axe" Axenrot:

I would like to say that I am pleased that you have joined Opeth. Your work has been stellar so far. The last time I saw the band--in NYC and RI--I felt that you had really made the material your own and that you were totally kicking arse.

(Plus, as a female fan, I appreciate your sexy looks... I am sure there are others who feel the same way.)

Shit, now you are the drummer for my two favorite bands:
Opeth and Bloodbath! :headbang:

I look forward with great eagerness to your contributions to the next Opeth album.

Yours,

T-Rat

P.S. Does Per feel happy no longer being the "new Guy"? :loco:

[P.P.S. To the rest of you people on the forum: If you ain't got nothin' nice to say here, post it someplace else. Let's give Axe something encouraging to read. Put yourself in his place. He deserves praise and support. He already knows what he's up against, I am sure.]

I too would like to welcome Axe officially. He did a stellar job in Providence, and I'm looking forward to his recording debut, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I see Bloodbath are looking for a new singer, wonder of Mikael is interested :lol:
serously though, I have only heard the mps samples for bloodbath, and think they are something I should investigate!
Which is considered their best work, I assume there are only three albums so far.
Incidently is axe still playing for bloodbath and Opeth? would this not cause problems with touring etc. (obviously not so far).

OK with all that said by T-Rat. Welcome and stuff like that.
I just only hope that the next time I see you in a gig, you Martin Axe, play "When" fucking faster! If not, I will have to "post it someplace else".

Ken Lyall said:
I see Bloodbath are looking for a new singer, wonder of Mikael is interested :lol:
serously though, I have only heard the mps samples for bloodbath, and think they are something I should investigate!
Which is considered their best work, I assume there are only three albums so far.
Incidently is axe still playing for bloodbath and Opeth? would this not cause problems with touring etc. (obviously not so far).

They have three cds but the first is like 15 minutes long. The second is my favorite, it has a very distinctive and intentionally dated sound and is insanely catchy. The last one is far more technical and doesn't have mikael on vocals and just doesn't stand out for me as much, but it's not bad. That's the one with Axenrot btw.

def. welcome my man....!!!.....cannot wait to see u guys live agian...adn cant wiat to hear waht u got to bring to the table...!!!.......PEAC EOUT

Resurrection Through Carnage is a good death album. Very old school. Nightmares Made Flesh is another flop by Swano & Co. imo

Ken Lyall said:
sorry everyone, I really have no idea about Bloodbath. I take it Mikael did actually do the vocals then. And axe is only on the third album!! Shit I'm confused.

The first album was intended as a one-off ep, and the second was a full length version of it (only with weirder old-school sound)...I THINK they had the same lineup but I'm not sure. I know the second had one of the guys from Katatonia on guitar, katatonia's bassist (who you couldn't really hear ever anyway), Mikael on vocals, and Dan Swano on drums. The third had Axenrot on drums, Swano and Katatoniaboy on guitars, and katatonia bassist. The vocalist was from hypocrisy I guess, he was nowhere near as good as Mikael on the previous two. It's basically more serious and less catchy.

Ken Lyall said:
sorry everyone, I really have no idea about Bloodbath. I take it Mikael did actually do the vocals then. And axe is only on the third album!! Shit I'm confused.

Bloodbath started as a tribute to the Swedish death metal scene.

On the demos/Breeding Death (EP)/Resurrection Through Carnagea the lineup was Anders "Blakkheim" (Katatonia) on guitar, Dan Swano (Nightingale, Edge of Sanity) on drums), Jonas Renske (Katatonia) on bass and Mike on vocals.

Mike chose to leave the group to focus completely on Opeth. After a bit of searching, Peter Tagtgren joined. Dan Swano hated the way his drums sounded, so he moved over to guitar and Axenrot became the new drummer.

Peter left the group before Wacken, which is why Mike filled in for the one performance which was filmed for a DVD but Roadrunner has so lame issue so it has yet to come out.

As of right now, the band is looking for a new frontman who can do everything that Mike and Peter can...and a little something else.

winters epilogue said:
Bloodbath started as a tribute to the Swedish death metal scene.

On the demos/Breeding Death (EP)/Resurrection Through Carnagea the lineup was Anders "Blakkheim" (Katatonia) on guitar, Dan Swano (Nightingale, Edge of Sanity) on drums), Jonas Renske (Katatonia) on bass and Mike on vocals.

Mike chose to leave the group to focus completely on Opeth. After a bit of searching, Peter Tagtgren joined. Dan Swano hated the way his drums sounded, so he moved over to guitar and Axenrot became the new drummer.

Peter left the group before Wacken, which is why Mike filled in for the one performance which was filmed for a DVD but Roadrunner has so lame issue so it has yet to come out.

As of right now, the band is looking for a new frontman who can do everything that Mike and Peter can...and a little something else.

i think tomas lindberg's card is up. bloodbath needs a vocalist, and i think thats the only band in sweden he hasnt been in yet. :lol:

Yeah he did 'blinded by fear' at a gig for a local band in milton keynes. So he really does make his way round so many. His time has past. He wasnt the reason at the gates made it. Some of his vocals were awful, 'ever opening flower' being one of the worst.