What´s the most overrated OPETH song?

StorTroll

So far, so good, so not!
Sep 15, 2001
Espoo, Finland
Continuance to this overrated thing...Mine is To Bid You Farewell.
Goddamn it´s cheesy stupid ballad. (I don´t hate Opeth´s calm songs in general). There´s something irritating in the song, something forced.:confused:

None.

Opeth isn't subjected to having their songs put on some top-40 list. Their music isn't rated by anybody but real Opeth fans. They don't have big CD release - where people line up at some record store. So I can't really answer the question as phrased - the question seems to be which is your least favorite song.

{sorry - I'm just in one of those analytical moods:) }

Originally posted by Devilish monster from the hill
Harvest.
It sounds so phony to me.

HArvest i hated too... Worst Opeth song EVER! To me it sounds like some kind of Lesbian folk tune... i TRIED TO like it... the vocal parts in a ver places are ok, nothing really cool though, and the guitar work is the most boring they've ever done... I've seen at least 3 different people say that Harvest was one of their AWESOME slower, "clean" tunes, but i have to disagree entirely... it is the one Opeth song i don't like listening to, i like everything else though. BAH IT IS A HUGE BLEMISH ON AN OTHERWISE NEAR PERFECT TRACK RECORD!!

Originally posted by Sputnik
To bid you farewell is as you said CHEESY

i kinda like it, and Harvest too. as for over rated, i think The Drapery Falls, which Mikael said at the london gig is 'their superstar mega single' or something like that. which makes that their only rated song, and so the over rated one too.:rolleyes:

It seems like everyone is answering what their least favorite OPETH song is....
As far as what I think their most OVERRATED song is....
Demon of the Fall...
Because it seems like people are always like 'Yeah! Demon of the Fall is so brootal! It's their best song EVER!' I think I read somewhere that Mikael said it was their crowd-pleaser. I guess people like pitting to it since it's one of their heaviest songs.

Originally posted by Triste
It seems like everyone is answering what their least favorite OPETH song is....
As far as what I think their most OVERRATED song is....
Demon of the Fall...
Because it seems like people are always like 'Yeah! Demon of the Fall is so brootal! It's their best song EVER!' I think I read somewhere that Mikael said it was their crowd-pleaser. I guess people like pitting to it since it's one of their heaviest songs.

i think the thing with demon of the fall is that its something the crowd can really sing along to, as in the DEMON, DEMON OF THE FALL bit, which really kicks it off. its also quick and almoost non-stop. in short its great, just like all the other songs :D

Demon of the Fall is Opeth at their best. Same goes for April
Ethereal, The Moor, ect. It´s the dynamic thing that we´ve dicussed so many times. Benighted, Face of Melinda and Harvest
are justified though. They give some time to breathe in the middle of the album.