The most overestimated, appreciated song from Opeth is.....

Demon of the Fall is without a doubt the most overrated Opeth song.

Demon is jsut pure and simple heavy and jsut never lets go u know...pure evil and heavy stuff...start to finsish...!!!.....plus teh fact that its only 5 min....mayeb more accessible..???.....but I love that song....PEAC EOUT

I cant understand how all of you guys are bashing Demon of the Fall, especially the ending!!! The ending to Demon of the fall is one of the most emotional, beautiful closures Opeth has in any of their songs. The concept story of MAYH is so incredibly sad and depressing, anything from that CD is just really emotional and personal for me. If Opeth ever stop Encoring with Demon of the Fall, I will be devastated. ( I realized they havent played it on their recent tours, but the chronology events and the gigantour are different than headlining tours)

The most over rated Opeth song isnt Drapery, although you guys are sick of it,(Still a beautiful song btw) It isnt Demon, its hands down either Deliverance or the Grand Conjuration. The solo in TGC is cool, and live its awesome, but the song just drags for me. And Deliverance is a little to repetitive even though there are parts in it that really kick ass.

Theres my rant, but guys, Demon, Drapery, or anything of the older disks are not the most overrated Opeth songs. Grand Counjuration or Deliverance should be the undisputed victors in this contest.

Keihule said:
The ending to Demon of the fall is one of the most emotional, beautiful closures Opeth has in any of their songs. The concept story of MAYH is so incredibly sad and depressing, anything from that CD is just really emotional and personal for me.
i agree.

Keihule said:
I cant understand how all of you guys are bashing Demon of the Fall, especially the ending!!!
t
I'm not bashing it...I'm just saying it's way overrated.

narcoleptic haze said:
NFU's got a point actually. It's always been much more highly revered than it should.... but then what do I know, Deliverance is my fav Opeth album ... go figure.

I don't understand this at all. Still Life is a phenomenal record. I definitely think it's their best. Deliverance, on the other hand, is definitely the weakest thing the band ever released.

NovembersDirge said:
I don't understand this at all. Still Life is a phenomenal record. I definitely think it's their best. Deliverance, on the other hand, is definitely the weakest thing the band ever released.
Nah. It's far better than Orchid and still better than GR.

NovembersDirge said:

Deliverance destroys Ghost Reveries.

Wreath, Master's Appretices, A Fair Judgement, and parts of Deliverance are stronger than anything off GR.

Keihule said:
I cant understand how all of you guys are bashing Demon of the Fall, especially the ending!!! The ending to Demon of the fall is one of the most emotional, beautiful closures Opeth has in any of their songs. The concept story of MAYH is so incredibly sad and depressing, anything from that CD is just really emotional and personal for me.
agreed.

Bleak or Serenity Painted Death maybe

There are some other Opeth songs I dislike, such as Harlequin Forest, TGC, and Dirge for November, but they're not exactly overappreciated here though a lot of people do like the,m

Demon of the Fall was just plain lame in comparison to everything else they've done . I think the only reason its so well loved is because its so heavy but to me it was just kind of a filler song .