The most overestimated, appreciated song from Opeth is.....

demon of the fall or the grand conjuration, sorry mike and allwho think the like, these songs are dissapointing, demon of the fall as in i never really understood the relevance this ttwck had in the 'majority opeth classics' and the grand conjuration in the fact that it was the opeth track that alot of new ears heard to introduce the band to them and they have such an amazing back catalouge of music and this song just dosent have any of their style, melodic progressions which no matter how small is in all of there songs (apart from this one)

About Demon of the Fall. The firstst 4 minutes are pure bliss but then it dissapeears to nowhere, so it's hard to say...they messed up the song. It could have been so good...

I would say Drapery Falls has lost something. But thats simply from overplaying it... the song is fuckin killer...

I sit here now trying to think of the most overrated track... and i cant.. they all deserve the acclaim they get. whether its Morningrise or Still Life... The Grand Conjuration (or DOTF for that matter) is a monster of a track. I look at it as... "look at what they accomplished with one riff pretty much". If you hear it live the song has some great atmosphere. I think many people would agree with me. My guitar teacher does anyway...

but I think if I had to chose I would say BRI, because of the scattered and pieced together feeling of the song... i like it though, obviously...

Demon of the Fall isn't bad(especially the ending). Thing is, it's really only great during the heavy part...and that's live. Rarely do I listen to the album version but live it sounds like the gates to hell have opened.

...and no, TDF still isn't old. Maybe it is with Axe behind the set....but it still has the same mystical effect as always for me.

I don't see what people see in Bleak or Blackwater Park personally.