What´s the most overrated OPETH song?

Oyo you are no longer my buddy.... ;) I LOVE DEMON OF THE FALL! Then again it is such a FUN song to play on guitar, that probably has an effect on my love for it.
I would say that The Night and the Silent Water and Bleak are kind of overrated, both of course great songs up to Opeth standards, but many here seem to really really LOVE them.

Originally posted by Devilish monster from the hill
Harvest.
It sounds so phony to me.

May BOB strike you dead with his mighty spork for this blashpemy!!!!!:mad:

HArvest i hated too... Worst Opeth song EVER! To me it sounds like some kind of Lesbian folk tune... i TRIED TO like it... the vocal parts in a ver places are ok, nothing really cool though, and the guitar work is the most boring they've ever done... I've seen at least 3 different people say that Harvest was one of their AWESOME slower, "clean" tunes, but i have to disagree entirely... it is the one Opeth song i don't like listening to, i like everything else though. BAH IT IS A HUGE BLEMISH ON AN OTHERWISE NEAR PERFECT TRACK RECORD!!

AND YOU!!!!!!!

i just had to add.......i really like harvest. i'm listening to bwp right now and i fucking love the way the vocal melody works against the chords. i think its fuckin beautiful man...........

BOB shall smile upon you and grant you peace and long lasting erections. (you are a guy right?)
If not, BOB shall smile upon you and grant you peace and a husband with long lasting erections.

In my honest opinion, April Ethereal is definitely the most over-rated Opeth-song, on this forum at least. It's possibly the least good song on the godly My Arms, Your Hearse - yet many people here seem to find it great. Why it is so, I have no clue.

-Villain

I couldn't say since I don't know what Opeth songs are liked much and which aren't (except for Demon of the Fall of course but I love that song myself so...) but I guess I would say something from Blackwater Park.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan

My bonkers last for like 7 nanoseconds.. what does that make me then.. huh? huh??

It means tha BOB hates you. You may get back into his good graces by sacrificing lima beans on an alter made of cheap shag rugs in his name.

Serenity Painted Death is overrated. It's the song most people like next to Demon of the Fall (I suppose BWP stuff notwithstanding), but that ending will always bother me.

I like the song, but I find it sometimes lacks variation, etc. It seems to me to be more of a bridge between Face of Melinda and White Cluster than its own thing..

but hey.. that's just my lame opinion.. ;)

I see what you mean about Serenity Painted Death Duvall, but that song will always be one of my favorites on Still Life. The emotion in that song is so extreme, I have goosebumps throughout the whole thing. It is like a band like Emperor, it is so extreme and angry it just gives you goosebumps, a chill down the spine.

Don't get me wrong.. I do like the song. There isn't an Opeth song I don't like. But the ending irks me enough to taint the whole thing for me..

The chorus is brutal, I think Satori said "it sounds like rape." And the line.. "Each and every one would die by my hand"

it's pretty intense stuff, and I love that about it..

but damn that ending!!

anyway, overrated.. maybe. ;)

EPILOGUE.

It just plain sucks, and its beyond me why just about everyone on this forum keeps raving and raving on about it. It just doesn't have the same atmosphere or originality of other opeth songs, or instrumentals for that matter.

Originally posted by hibernal_dream
EPILOGUE.

It just plain sucks, and its beyond me why just about everyone on this forum keeps raving and raving on about it. It just doesn't have the same atmosphere or originality of other opeth songs, or instrumentals for that matter.

Nonsense.

Replace "it just plain sucks" with "I just plain don't like it."

I find it beautiful. A perfect outro to a raucous song (Karma).

Originally posted by Villain
In my honest opinion, April Ethereal is definitely the most over-rated Opeth-song, on this forum at least. It's possibly the least good song on the godly My Arms, Your Hearse - yet many people here seem to find it great. Why it is so, I have no clue.

-Villain

For me it´s everything that Opeth is, the dynamics and all. The
riffs rule, the melodies rule...All blend together so well. Intro is amazing, outro is ashtonishing...:cool: