What are some other bands like Pyramaze

thanks for noticing! actually, on a side note, a few reviews of the avian album talk about how awesome my keyboard solos are... except they think they are guitar solos and give the guitar players credit for them. I fully realize the tonal similarities between my solo patch and the standard guitar solo lead, but if a person can't tell the difference between a keyboard and a guitar, then they probably shouldn't be reviewing metal albums... just a thought:puke:

Well that's not fair! I know the feeling when somebody else gets credit for something you've done...

Am I the only one who can see a similarity with Gamma Ray/Helloween??:headbang:

I hear ya.
Just received Steel Attacks cd "Diabolic Symphony" -anyone hear this? WOW...not exactly like Pyramaze -yet a very kickass power metal cd indeed!Has a really cool cd cover as well!

I hope no other bands are like us. Although we do often get compared to Kamelot and Iced Earth (and occasionally Children of Bodom). Glad you like the stuff though -cheers- jonah

those bands you get compared too are good and IMO all 3 (and pyramaze) are all unique and kickass. you should all tour together now. start in houston haha. we dont get many kickass bands here T__T

Am I the only one who can see a similarity with Gamma Ray/Helloween??:headbang:

Reason being Kai Hansen (formerly of Helloween, Guitarist/songwriter) went and formed Gamma Ray. Both awesome bands but i prefer Gamma Ray's sound.

ANGTORIA !!! cd-"God Has A Plan For Us All" (not a good plan according to the band).Great stuff...bought it as soon as i heard them!

Style is- metal / classical / gothic...though same as PYRAMAZE in being heavy & powerful.The title track video (on thier sites) is hauntingly sad!

I signed up to this forum just to respond to this post. I'm hearing bands like Heavenly and Rhapsody mentioned. I rarely find these bands being talked about. (Maybe I should get around the web more?) But, if you are into these bands (and of course Pyramaze), then I highly recommend Lost Horizon- A Flame to the Ground Beneath. Sadly, I don't think they are together any longer.

I actually find Lost Horizon's Awakening The World better than AFTTGB. But then again I haven't really given the latter many proper listens.

I don't see any mention of the band breaking up on their official site
shrug2.gif

Eyefear (www.myspace.com/eyefear) are a killer prog/power band from Australia who are about as close to Pyramaze as it comes, IMO. Sure, they're not clones, but they've got the same general style and I think anyone who oves Pyramaze should check out this band. The vocals are especially amazing.

I saw eyefear a few times live before i heard an album and i dont think there albums give them enough credit. The sound of the durms ( not the durmming itself) doesn't sound the best either on there albums. The singer also seems to have a much greater range then what is recorded on the albums ( playing safe with limited studio time? ) or maybe i was just to drunk :headbang:
Overall a very very good band and i have run into them outside a gig and had a chat and seem a very very nice bunch of people!

another aussie band that people hear might like, wouldn't really call them like Pyramaze but very very good prog metal is a band called Vanishing point. All 4 of there albums are very strong but i would check out,

TANGLED IN DREAM
THE FOURTH SEASON

I don't have Lost Horizion's Awakening the world. But if it's even kinda as good as the other, then consider it gotten.

BTW, for some reason I was under the impression they split whenthe singer left and was working with Crystal Eyes.

I'll check their website now.

EDIT: they're just looking for a new vocalist but still together - my bad. Thanks for catching that.

Lost Horizons former singer i believe is Daniel Hieman.

See his new band -HEED.
Debut cd "The Call" is pretty good.Thier Myspace has samples of thier upcoming new cd wich is a much heavier approach & sounds killer!!

note:Lost Horizon fans i think would like the music of Tad Morose or Steel Attack.

I've been listening to some Steel Attack samples on the web and it's on my list of albums to get. Along with Brainstorm. I never heard of either of these bands before stumbling across this thread. And now Heed? There's another one I'll need to check out. I really like the texture of Daniel's voice. Thank you fellow metal listeners for insuring I will be broke at the end of the month :headbang:

While you are at it...add Communic "Waves of visual decay"!$:Spin:$

note:Steel Attacks best cd is thier latest "Diabolic Symphony",definitely worth purchasing.Thier earlier releases are o.k at best.
Thier site just updated & announced a few lineup changes & studio info.

CHEERS!

Yup, Steel Attack grew a lot between their last couple albums. However, there is something kinda classic about the earlier stuff I liked, so I got on i-tunes and put together a compilation of their albums. I went ahead and got some Brainstorm and Communic too. I was initally looking for Lost Horizion's Awakening album, but it wasn't avaliable on i-tunes. I'll have to look elsewhere. I wasn't particularly impressed with the Heed stuff...I may need to give it more time.

I discovered a band called Keldian ( www.myspace.com/keldian http://keldian.com/ ) and my god, they are soo awesome! Okay, I have to admit the band doesn't sound that much like Pyramaze ( :lol: ) but seriously, check them out. The band hails from Norway and they've released one album (Heaven's Gate), the second one is in the making. They have a sci-fi feel/theme to their music and it works marvellously. Officially the band consists of two members who take care of the vocals, bass, keyboards and guitars, while drums have been played by a guest musician.

The music...well, what can I say. It's just awesome. I would say that they play a type of melodic hard rock with a solid power metal base. Some songs are pure power, those are mostly the best songs in my opinion. The keyboards have a big part creating a sci-fi atmosphere while staying out of really cheesy sound effects, also putting in some sweet licks. The vocals are a great change, no wailing, nothing high pitched, just soft and mellow singing with some of the best vocal melodies ever.

I urge you to listen to especially Crusader and Sundancer from their myspace, they are out of this world ( or universe should I say =D ), Crusader having the best chorus I've heard in a long, long time. Keldian has immediately jumped to my Top-5 bands list, my Top-5 songs list and Top-5 albums list :rofl:.

After a few weeks of listening, I give Steel Attack, Communic, and Brainstorm a thumbs up. Brainstorm is the "lighter" of the three and brings to mind the band Kamelot. BTW, thanks for recommending the earlier Lost Horizion album. I had to hunt around to get it, but really like it a lot.

someone know about Mystic Prophecy? wow, they have a similarity with Pyramaze sound, and well, the vocals give me to imagine how will Pyramaze sound the greatest Matt Barlow!

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sc2NPGVW-Wg[/ame]

The video are a funny anime collection, haven sense with the music, but anyway, the music rocks!