what are you reading?

A+Clash+of+Kings.jpg

I read Atlas Shrugged a few years ago and it did change my perspective on a few things, for a while atleast. overall its just a good story. The movie sucked though.

I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard it is horrible and to avoid it at all costs... I agree with you: Atlas Shrugged is a great story, with a great philosophy, it was an excellent read, and I plan on re-reading it sometimes soon :)

Yea I thought that the idea of objectivism and capitalism were presented in a good way but it was exaggerated at times. The whole mystery behind Galt was one of the most interesting aspects of the book, but Dagny got annoying at some points. I have tried to start the Fountainhead on numerous occasions and can't seem to do it, which makes me think re-reading Atlas would be a challenge as well.

Yea I thought that the idea of objectivism and capitalism were presented in a good way but it was exaggerated at times. The whole mystery behind Galt was one of the most interesting aspects of the book, but Dagny got annoying at some points. I have tried to start the Fountainhead on numerous occasions and can't seem to do it, which makes me think re-reading Atlas would be a challenge as well.

I'm convinced there are certain books you can't read past a certain age. I wouldn't even try reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy now.

^ Traxan, I dunno... In the past 3 years I have re-read so many books that were a part of me for so long, and that I read in my "younger years" and that some, helped shape the person I am today (to some degree)
and I find that when I re-read those books, and when I see them under different light, of the adult me; it feels amazing... makes you realize a lot more about them!

I agree with you DL. The first book of Rand's that I ever read was Anthem back when I was around 17, and I still really appreciate that book. I've actually re-read most of the reading from high school such as Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. They're all great.

Does anyone remember "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark?" I just read an article online about it and it totally brought some nostalgia. Those books were so freaking creepy in elementary school.