What are your opinions on Immigration?

That would be the ultimate for the environment, make no mistake. The Indians understood things like not having babies they couldnt feed, the value of open land, love of the land and that the lazy die. Something my ancestral immigrants understood and all issues current immigrants cant get through their dense heads.

What the natives did wrong in the first place was not slay us as they found us. Not having solidarity amounst themselves and standing the eastern shores of this once beautiful continent, now turned into concrete and blacktop to appease the pussys.

So whats your point? as if I dont know

My point? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Simple.

My opinions - the current immigration policies are simply not good enough. Every immigrant must be given/made to get (I say given because you sometimes have refugees who simply can't afford to pay for such) language and behavior classes - a massive re-education if you wish. Respect for the LAW and CULTURE of the land MUST be promoted and pushed in these classes - in other words: Don't come here if you're not ready to become one of us, behave how we behave, and conform to our values.

When the immigrant is able to meet these prerequisites - speak acceptable english, dress appropriately, and respect the religions of the land, none of that islamic wear crap, then some level of acceptance must also be provided by the locals. If you know your citizens will never accept the immigrants, then you're asking for a major upheaval several years down the line.

My point? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Simple.

So your trying to say theres no difference between today and 100 years ago ?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Your post about requirements is good. Still it would be easier, far cheaper and in the best interest of the country to close the doors.... period. Another benefit of this would give those employed by immigration funding and time to solely concentrate all efforts on getting rid of illegals and those that dont conform to our society.

So your trying to say theres no difference between today and 100 years ago ?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Your post about requirements is good. Still it would be easier, far cheaper and in the best interest of the country to close the doors.... period. Another benefit of this would give those employed by immigration funding and time to solely concentrate all efforts on getting rid of illegals and those that dont conform to our society.

First comment - If it was evil 100 years ago, it's still evil now. Don't wash away what happened 100 years ago as the past while focussing on what's going on now as evil

Second - I totally agree. 100%.

First comment - If it was evil 100 years ago, it's still evil now. Don't wash away what happened 100 years ago as the past while focussing on what's going on now as evil

I dont know what you are talking about here but its not what Im talking about. I dont recall any conversation about "evil". Im talking about the justifacation of immigration today because "we are all immigrants". Im suggesting things are much different today within the country and that we dont need "new settlers", let alone the difference between what immigrants had to go through to get here 100+ years ago compared to the easy free ride of today.

As I said in the beginning of this topic I hate the statue of liberty, it was representitive of the times but today becomes this big excuse for immigration and applies the theory that whats written on that little plaque is the way this country has to be forever. Yet more amusingly the native born Americans are loosing reasonable liberties everyday and many of them due to immigrants.

Amazing as mankind becomes more advanced there is a degree of acute retardation creeping into the mind. Turning a blind eye to the detriment of certain actions or lack of any action whatsoever.

I'm fine with it as long as the process was done the legal way. It would be unfair to US citizens and legally documented immigrants if jobs will be lost and if benefits will be lessened due to the influx of illegal immigrants.

there is so much BS talk here, that I can hardly believe what I am reading.

1. The metal aspect (the forum is UM after all, or?):
So no band outside the US should come to the US tour, and make money of it, or sell their work in the US?

1a. US bands should only tour within their own territory, sell music in NAM etc... right?

2. Someone said we should get the countries that are trying to escape from fixed (locked down, if my understanding was correct?). Well, if the fixing had been done few centuries ago, those bloody Europeans (you are so willing to ban from immigrating to the US), would have been forced to stay in their filthy homes in Europe, not polluting a real pure civilization, such as the native American.

3. Language? Refer to the above statement. Did any of the immigrants speak the language of those people when they forced themselves onto them? No. So GTFO then.

4. It is strange that just because someone fell out his mother's cunt somewhere, they are proud of where they fell. And claim it as their birth right to own that land. That is fine, people should have a home somewhere, that they will defend if they need to, but they have no fucking right to say to get out of my country, when that country was formed by them moving in, in the first place. This does not only apply to US citizens of course.

5. I got offered recently a position to work in a company in Florida with wages much higher than the average Americans get. Why is that? Because the guys who are there, are not good enough to do the job, don't have the expertise etc... So is it really the immigrants fault, that they get employed, or the employer's fault who employs them?

6. Immigration should be done the right way, I agree. But nobody has the fucking right to say this is their country and get the fuck out. Might I remind you, that except the Hollywood stars and the athletes, all the greatest scientists US citizens, are mostly foreigners who they, or their parents immigrated to the US yrs ago.

7. Even those athletes you are so fanatic about, or the descendants of African imports. Even your own fucking president for fuck's sake is from Africa.

Need I say more?

for me personally, my biggest problem with the people immigrating to the USA, is the language barrier with the ones that refuse to learn to speak english
i can understand not knowing english if you're just visiting some friends in the states, but you've got all these pregnant women traveling to the states to give birth (i think term is "anchor babies") where because the baby was born in the states, they can get their older children enrolled in school here and get on welfare/medicaid/medicare/foodstamps etc etc, and for many of these women, they never learn english where they have their oldest kid serve as translator when they have to speak to non-latinos, then you've got males that come here when they're in their early 20's looking for work, they get into minimum wage jobs, spend several decades here and they don't learn english either, that's horrendously wrong, these people should learn english if they're gonna be here

aside from the language barrier
i really have no problem with the fact that most of the immigrants are undocumentable illegals
illegal immagrants make so much less money for the same work than the people that are here legally that, if you want to get into an economic debate, the illegals are actually necessary for the American economy to function as it currently exists

XCommun Your Opinion is very Good. If someone is migrating, So they must have been facing some problems back home or they might like your Prosper Land.

I wish people would look more at the reasons behind illegal immigration (civil war, economic crisis, drug cartels, genocide, corrupt political regimes, general poverty and lawlessness, etc.)

Especially when looking at the political/social situations in Latin American countries, like Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, illegal immigration turns into a refugee situation. Having worked with many people of questionable immigration statuses, it isn't as though these people had any other viable choice other than to leave their homeland; it was a question of survival. While I agree illegal immigration is wrong and it drains resources that could be going to legal citizens, we need to adapt a different approach on the issue, because the current tactics are not remedying the issue quickly enough. Personally, I think working on a diplomatic level to build stronger, more stable governments in problem nations might be a good approach.

I wish people would look more at the reasons behind illegal immigration (civil war, economic crisis, drug cartels, genocide, corrupt political regimes, general poverty and lawlessness, etc.)

Especially when looking at the political/social situations in Latin American countries, like Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, illegal immigration turns into a refugee situation. Having worked with many people of questionable immigration statuses, it isn't as though these people had any other viable choice other than to leave their homeland; it was a question of survival. While I agree illegal immigration is wrong and it drains resources that could be going to legal citizens, we need to adapt a different approach on the issue, because the current tactics are not remedying the issue quickly enough. Personally, I think working on a diplomatic level to build stronger, more stable governments in problem nations might be a good approach.

yeah this post sounds very philosophical
except that america has re-structured itself into a situation where illegals being here illegally is actually neccassary for the united states to function
WE ACTUALLY NEED ILLEGALS HERE
having said that, i re-iterate my problem with the illegals is really just merely the language issue, see my previous posts in this thread

yeah this post sounds very philosophical
except that america has re-structured itself into a situation where illegals being here illegally is actually neccassary for the united states to function
WE ACTUALLY NEED ILLEGALS HERE
having said that, i re-iterate my problem with the illegals is really just merely the language issue, see my previous posts in this thread

Exactly, I think I'm on the same page as you and OldScratch. And you bring up another important point, that our economy and divisions of labor has evolved in such a way over that pulling out illegal immigrants would lead to financial collapse. Think about! Illegal immigrants also make a larger portion of the consumer population then people perceived. The state of Arizona reportedly went deeper into recession when they began enforcing stricter immigration laws. Some communities lost 60% to 80% of their total population, landlords lost renters, business lost costumers, etc.

Exactly, I think I'm on the same page as you and OldScratch. And you bring up another important point, that our economy and divisions of labor has evolved in such a way over that pulling out illegal immigrants would lead to financial collapse. Think about! Illegal immigrants also make a larger portion of the consumer population then people perceived. The state of Arizona reportedly went deeper into recession when they began enforcing stricter immigration laws. Some communities lost 60% to 80% of their total population, landlords lost renters, business lost costumers, etc.
not only arizona, but also texas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Branch,_Texas#Immigration_measures

for me personally, my biggest problem with the people immigrating to the USA, is the language barrier with the ones that refuse to learn to speak english
i can understand not knowing english if you're just visiting some friends in the states, but you've got all these pregnant women traveling to the states to give birth (i think term is "anchor babies") where because the baby was born in the states, they can get their older children enrolled in school here and get on welfare/medicaid/medicare/foodstamps etc etc, and for many of these women, they never learn english where they have their oldest kid serve as translator when they have to speak to non-latinos, then you've got males that come here when they're in their early 20's looking for work, they get into minimum wage jobs, spend several decades here and they don't learn english either, that's horrendously wrong, these people should learn english if they're gonna be here

i have no problem whatsoever with illegals being here illegally, but the language barrier is very much a barrier

Illegals need to stop coming here. If there are problems in their own countries, why don't they try to IMPROVE them, instead of coming here and having 15 anchor babies and fucking up everything?