What are your opinions on the following?

Thanatopsis123

白鬼
Oct 13, 2002
日本
Visit site
Wasara - Kaiken kauniin loppu
Graveworm - Scourge of Malice
Graveworm - Engraved in Black
Empyrium
Twelfth of Never
Hagalaz' Runedance
Grimfist - Ghouls of Grandeur

I'm really short on cash lately and can't decide what to get.

Well the reviews of Graveworm is one reason I'm not already ordering their stuff. Most reviews I happened by kept making comparisons to Cradle of Filth. I've only heard small clips of each song and they don't sound like CoF to me. That's probably a good thing considering I hate CoF, but maybe those clips just are bad examples?

Graveworm sound nothing like CoB. The guitars are rawer and the keyboards are used 1/4 as much as cradle uses, which is good. Graveworm is much more powerful by having a more pure sound. I have both Scourge of Malice and Engraved In Black and I strongly recommend these. The others, I haven't heard of yet. Definitely get Graveworm because I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The People that compared them to CoF didn't know enough to set them apart from Filth. I'm a fan of CoF too but I think Graveworm sound nothing like them. Like NocturnalSun said, the keyboards aren't used as much and they're much more in the background. I think the magic of Graveworm is the ability to be heavy as hell yet sound so melancholic at the same time.

I own Scourge of Malice by Graveworm and I think its pretty good.

Empyrium are very very dark and suicidal music. Good stuff.

H. Runedance, I heard the other day because of your post and think that it is extremely b o r i n g. But that is my opinion.

The others I havent heard yet.

GRIMFIST!

The lyrics from my signature come from this album, if you like you death metal thrashy and heavy as fuck, buy it, nothing mind blowing but totally balls to the wall, and the lyrics are fucking great.

I say buy it!

Psychonaut said:
I ordered the Grimfist too...
Good god, I bought this album when it came out here (I think it was the twenty-third) and recommended it ealier in this thread, BUY THIS FUCKING ALBUM!

I like it more and more as I listen to it, I never liked Frediablo's vocals, but I love 'em on this album and Horgh fucking kills! The best release of 2003 IMO.