What are your top 10 Technical Death Metal bands

markov

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2009
Whats your top 10 techdeath bands? or Melodeath or just plain death metal

Codeon, Necrophagist, Arsis, Between the Buried and Me (more prog though), Skyfire, (old) norther and kalmah, WINDIR!!!!!, Mors Principum Est, Mork Gryning.
:)

I don't have 10, but if Eternal Tears of Sorrow counts as technical death, then DEFINITELY them. They fucking kick fucking ass! :kickass:

Skyfire, (old) norther and kalmah
These are melodic death metal, not tech death. I'm not familiar with some of the others that you listed.
I don't have 10, but if Eternal Tears of Sorrow counts as technical death, then DEFINITELY them. They fucking kick fucking ass! :kickass:
I've heard them compared to Kalmah on several occasions, and some of Kalmah's members were also in that band at some point, so I'm going to guess that they're melodic death metal as well.

Gorguts
Necrophagist
Cryptopsy
Gorod
Between the Buried and Me (last 2 albums particular, their first album was more metalcore though)
Cynic
Into The Moat
Beneath the Massacre
Psycroptic
Pestilence

Necrophagist, IM SO PUMPED FOR THE NEW ALBUM! and Arsis, IM SO PUMPED FOR THE NEW ALBUM. lol

Top 5 for now. Cannot decide on the other 5 just yet...

1. Necrophagist
  2. The Faceless
  3. Deeds of Flesh
  4. Decapitated
  5. Neuraxis

....to be continued...

Deeds of Flesh are pretty well known. I'll give you the other ones. Anyhow, it seems like saying "I'm a thrash metal connoisseur; my favorite bands are Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth."

Top three:
Nile
Dying Fetus
Suffocation (technical enough)

Other good ones:
Necrophagist
Psycroptic
Hate Eternal
Anata
Brain Drill (just because they're so over the top)
Krisiun
Immolation

In no specific order:
1. Arsis
2. Decapitated
3. Hate Eternal
4. Deeds of Flesh
5. Anata
6. Fleshgod Apocalypse
7. Spawn of Possession
8. Nile
9. Mithras