what aren't you listening to right now?

I find myself disliking Porcupine Tree more and more. For whatever reason, they are actually starting to annoy me. Slowly but surely they are being replaced on my iPod by other bands. I won't erase their catalog from my computer, but I find myself skipping their songs when they come on.

in limbow said:
System of a Down- dumbed down commercial metal for ADHD 13 year olds who know nothing about music, let alone good metal music

for the remnants of ADHD still left in me System of a Down hits the spot.

soundave said:
1. Iron Maiden. I used to have such geeklove for those guys. I find them difficult to even tolerate now. The way they conduct their business has turned me off, too. Far too many live albums, and all have the same songs give or take a few, depending on the latest release.
I went through the same thing. I was practically obsessed with them throughout my teenage years, but I just can't seem to take them seriously now. I started questioning their motives after the release of Ed Hunter, Best of the Beast and then Edward the Great just a few years apart from each other, not to mention the numerous live CDs and DVDs they've released over the years. And let's not forget the embarrassment that was DoD ... and that cover! :puke:

Khayman666 said:
I went through the same thing. I was practically obsessed with them throughout my teenage years, but I just can't seem to take them seriously now. I started questioning their motives after the release of Ed Hunter, Best of the Beast and then Edward the Great just a few years apart from each other, not to mention the numerous live CDs and DVDs they've released over the years. And let's not forget the embarrassment that was DoD ... and that cover! :puke:

yeah i have similar feelings about maiden. still once in a while i play Live After Death.
DoD is such a bad album. I had my hopes up after Brave New World, which was probably the best Maiden since Seventh Son. I really wish they hadn't released DoD. But the Rock in Rio is better than the other live records since Live After Death, so I'm not going to complain about that.

Within Temptation :puke:
How they manege to get on Headbangers Balls tracklist is beyond me...???
Plus almost all other bands that appear on Headbangers Ball.....:puke:

i bought the new akercock album. i can't stand it. the reviews for it were great, and a lot of people recommended it to me. but, my god. the only extreme metal bands that i can dig right now are morbid angel, opeth, cryptopsy, and meshuggah. i need some strong recommendations, right now.

JoeVice said:
i bought the new akercock album. i can't stand it. the reviews for it were great, and a lot of people recommended it to me. but, my god. the only extreme metal bands that i can dig right now are morbid angel, opeth, cryptopsy, and meshuggah. i need some strong recommendations, right now.

if you can enjooy meshuggah and cryptopsy, but not like the new akercocke at all...then why bother recommending anything...youre obviously a hack.