What bands do you like that no one else does?

I sometimes get into emo music or other pop-rock bands:

Evanescence
My Chemical Romance
Atreyu
Thrice
Blindside
HIM
Chevelle
Demon Hunter
Deftones
Embodyment
Pillar

I don't listen to these bands anywhere as much as I listen to Metal bands but some nights I might listen to stuff like this all night on the computer rather then Metal.

I like a good bit of Classical and Blues Rock music too but I suppose that doesn't quite count as a lot of Metal-heads seem to like these two genres on the side.

Splinter said:
Rock on. Im in the same boat. I like bands like:
Korn
Slipnot
Three Days Grace
Linkin Park
Yellowcard
My Chemical Romance
Marilyn Manson
Story of the Year
Nobody on here talks about Killswitch Engage
or Zao, I frikin love Zao!
Demon Hunter
Underoath(especially Cries of the Past, and The Changing Times, their new one, Theyre Only Chasing Safty, is a little more punk, good, yes, but not quite as good IMO.)

Theres alot of really good bands in the more "mainstream" area that rock your face off.

I hate all of those bands except Korn and Slipknot which I don't really have a problem with.

(not a band but...)Bob Dylan
the doors
the who
accpet
the rolling stones(you'd be suprised how the people here in red-neck bluff dont listen to classic stuff or metal...)

Gilgamesh said:
Avenged Sevenfold.
I like their song that's being played on the radio alot these days...I dont know the name of it.

Anyway, I cant seem to find anyone who likes Mindless Self Indulgence as much as I do.

*edit* I saw someone mentioned green day, I have always been a very big fan of them. I listened to pop punk (blink 182, green day, offspring) before I found metal, and green day has always impressed me. Especially the most recent album.

harryhash said:
Well, amonst my friends I'm one of 2 that listens to metal, and the only one that listens to Opeth. But other than that, noone I knwo has heard of the Stone Roses but I love em!!!

There are only two friends in your group that listen to metal? Sounds like your in the wrong crowd.

Well I listen to Journey , no one in my group has even heard of them. They were like my first rock bang ever.

Panic! at the disco
Atari Teenage Riot
Thrice
Atreyu
Silverstein
The Dillinger escape plan
My chemical romance
As I lay Dying
...Many more, It would take a while. I like alot of music Metal is just my favorite...I still like my emo, hardcore, metalcore, and punk.

Lightbulbsun said:
Mr. Bungle

hell yea Mr. Bungle fucking owns.
mars volta.
new in flames is nice
killswitch is looking damn good.
soilwork is fucking sick.
gotta love fear factory from start to the finish.

Flaw.
the offspring. being rock and staying rock from the beginning even after all the new genres and subgenres that they threw in there. offspring hasn't changed.

old drowning pool nice.
new drowning pool is nice too haha.
can't go wrong with soulasylum

or filter.
korns good. there new cd is looking like crap though..
i havn't seen anyone talk about
soil
or edgewater.

u like the heavy bass of korn u will hear it in egdewater.
and soil kicks ass. check em out.

gotta like gg allin,
gnarkill.
turbonegro.

oh yea and

HIM
kovenant
ill nino from new jersey! hell yea.
element eighty they only play in texas :/
zebrahead
adema
40 below summer
electric six
the streets - im sorry i love this british rap i find it hilarious.
some more of my 2 cents.

Kutryer said:
green day.
your like the only person (that i know of) in this forum that is an admitted green day fan..... for that my hat go's off to you... for liking green day, the metalhead inside me wants to destroy you:hotjump:

Artists I like that you probably don't :

Killswitch Engage
Violent Femmes
Prodigy
Turbonegro
Green Day
Cradle of Filth
Missy Elliot
Marilyn Manson
The Misfits
Beastie Boys
Franz Ferdinand
Queens of the Stone Age
My Chemical Romance
Dead Kennedys
Six Feet Under
Radiohead
The Distillers
Depeche Mode

..... but Opeth owns them all , of course :)