What bands do you NOT respect?

tattooedsean666 said:
Maiden pisses me off because of bruce's anti american comments.

It isn't that we don't like hearing IM new songs. It is that we want you to change out the old tracks you are playing. Take ozzfest, it is the same damn songs they have played off the first 4 cds in the past. Where is Where eagles dare??

I also don't like it when bands come back in original form for years on end without putting out a new cd. They would rather put out 5 straight best of cds if you even get a best of cd.

He pissed me off too... and then I saw them live. A lot of what he is pissed off about is true. I spent a small fortune on a GOOD ticket because I'd take a bullet for Steve Harris (just kidding), but there were people in the first few rows, who probably didn't pay for their tickets, who were FUCKING SITTING. The people who are the real fans were back in the lawn. The outdoor shows they do in Europe are general admission. Bruce was very pissed off and generally left the stage during instrumental parts of songs. I don't know what the "solution" to this is, but I am just saying I see his point.

I agree for the most part about the setlist being boring, but I got a longer set in Columbus because of Ozzy cancelling. We got Murders in the Rue Morge, Another Life and Prowler. By my records, they hadn't played those ones live since 1982.

Also, Maiden has put out two new albums since the reunion in '99, which is decent for a band of their stature.

"No there are no easy answers to sum up the problems which we face."

The whole Metallica "sellout" thing is old, but as far as respect for them goes, fuck yeah, I give them alot of respect. They may not be what they once were, but over the years they have never been afraid of trying different things, whether good or bad in everyone's eyes. Call it selling out if you must, but take a look at alot of other bands, some of the shit they do would be considered selling out too, but since Metallica is, well, Metallica, it's called selling out. Everyone wants a Master Of Puppets II, or Justice part II, Yawn, boring. I don't like everything they've done over the years, but I give them respect for trying new things and staying together, with the exception of the bass position, for this many years. Just as Anthrax is doing now with the reunion thing, Metallica did on the last few albums, and that is???? WHAT FEELS RIGHT TO THEM!!!! Get over it already.

tattooedsean666 said:

It isn't that we don't like hearing IM new songs. It is that we want you to change out the old tracks you are playing. Take ozzfest, it is the same damn songs they have played off the first 4 cds in the past. Where is Where eagles dare??

I also don't like it when bands come back in original form for years on end without putting out a new cd. They would rather put out 5 straight best of cds if you even get a best of cd.
Hey..
They played "Where eagles dare" in Europe ..I went to see them in Paris..50k stadium poeple completally nuts..And they´re FRENCHS::: for god´s sake..
And then They go and play for 6 thousand who doesn´t sing almost anything in the whole concert..I´ve also seen Maiden In the US...So I can tell You the difference..
Is fucking big man... And about changing some old songs..I just agree here.
"The number of the Beast"..I just can´t listen this one anymore...
Up the Irons! :worship:

jdelpi said:
We got Murders in the Rue Morge, Another Life and Prowler. By my records, they hadn't played those ones live since 1982.
I have a 12in single for Running Free?(not sure) that has Murders in the Rue Morgue and Sanctuary live on the b-side - recorded on the Powerslave tour circa 1984/1985.

bump

clarify if I'm mistaken jdelpi - you :headbang: and have the mega collection

BTW - Limelight by Rush just crushes - thank you Neil Peart :worship:

tattooedsean666 said:

Proof that Maiden care about their hardcore USA fans!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think if we're going to come back and play the those shed-type gigs, we're got to really talk to these Clear Channel people, and people like that, and try and not have these high ticket prices for people down the front. We've got to try and change it! I don't know how we're gonna change it, but we've gotta do something, we just can't go on like that, because it's not fair on us, and it's not fair to the fans who want to see us. We'll have to try and sort that out up front and try and do something out about that in the future.

It's a difficult situation. But, I mean, where else do you play? It's different if you go indoors in the winter, but, even then, sometimes, it's not GA, and I don't know! I can understand the legal reasons, and they can only have a certain number of people down the front, but we want the people down the front who want to be there to see Maiden, or Sabbath, or whatever, not the people who just came along because it's a rock and roll show, and they have the money, or they know people to be able to buy the tickets at the front. Those people, if they still want to come to the gig, it's fine -- we don't have a problem with them, but those people shouldn't be where they are. That's the thing, that's what pisses us off! (laughs) We're definitely going to be looking into it, that's for damn sure! We want the hard core fans down the front -- and the hard core fans want to be there! -- they don't want to be stuck back there, anyway!"

Steve Harris in a recent interview about USA/Ozzfest etc

Manowar - I have worked on a festival where they have played and I have never seen in my whole live such wannabee rock stars.
Even backstage nobody was allowed to take pictures from them!
They had a fan convention and the people had to spent 50 Euro for it, beside the festival ticket! Even Kiss is not such a Ripp off!

powerwolve said:
Manowar - I have worked on a festival where they have played and I have never seen in my whole live such wannabee rock stars.
They had a fan convention and the people had to spent 50 Euro for it, beside the festival ticket! Even Kiss is not such a Ripp off!

I knew you would say Manowar.

But, I can't believe people are stupid enough to pay 50 euros for a Manowar convention.

chichecapo said:
Proof that Maiden care about their hardcore USA fans!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think if we're going to come back and play the those shed-type gigs, we're got to really talk to these Clear Channel people, and people like that, and try and not have these high ticket prices for people down the front. We've got to try and change it! I don't know how we're gonna change it, but we've gotta do something, we just can't go on like that, because it's not fair on us, and it's not fair to the fans who want to see us. We'll have to try and sort that out up front and try and do something out about that in the future.

It's a difficult situation. But, I mean, where else do you play? It's different if you go indoors in the winter, but, even then, sometimes, it's not GA, and I don't know! I can understand the legal reasons, and they can only have a certain number of people down the front, but we want the people down the front who want to be there to see Maiden, or Sabbath, or whatever, not the people who just came along because it's a rock and roll show, and they have the money, or they know people to be able to buy the tickets at the front. Those people, if they still want to come to the gig, it's fine -- we don't have a problem with them, but those people shouldn't be where they are. That's the thing, that's what pisses us off! (laughs) We're definitely going to be looking into it, that's for damn sure! We want the hard core fans down the front -- and the hard core fans want to be there! -- they don't want to be stuck back there, anyway!"

Steve Harris in a recent interview about USA/Ozzfest etc

Bruce was essentially making the same points at the Columbus, Ohio show. Only he sounded less diplomatic.

powerwolve said:

Haha, I can be lazy and not bash them myself today!

I don't HATE any band. Hate is a very special feeling, you can't just hate something irrelevant... I do have a dislike to some musical acts - mostly all the so called 80's hair metal bands like Motley Crew, Warrant, Whitesnake c.'86 and later, Dokken, Bon Jovi, Tesla, Quiet Riot, Krokus, G'n'R, later Scorpions, etc. no matter how excellent musically the participants of those acts were. But by no means I hate them. I still hate the guy who was fucking my long time ago girlfriend while I was in the military (it was almost 19 years ago, but I still do), but to hate a band?.. Come on...

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Tesla's debut album Mechanical Resonance was incredible. They never did top that one, and I kinda lost interest after Psychotic Supper.

before that festival i realy would say i dint hate any real band, but when you have ssen that behavier of manowar.
yes i hate them, because they suck more than anyone else !
4 days with them and i could write a book of sucking stories with them ....

Sgt-D said:
No, you can't bash ManOwaR! They are TRUE METAL, AND ALL WHO DO NOT PLAY MANOWAR-STYLE METAL ARE FALSE METAL AND NEED TO BE DESTROYED IN A SEA OF BLOOD! MWA HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! [Sarcasm off] :loco:

:tickled:

Yes I fucking can!
Members of ManO-Whore read this!

111775.jpg

WHOS YOUR MOTHERFUCKING DADDY?

That´s right, Julio is.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
What bands do others not respect?

Metal bands ?

KISS, for ripping off their fans.
Metallica, for selling out
WASP, for the way Blackie acts nowadays

I still have albums from all three, I still love the old Metallica, and I don't mind the loads, actually. But St Anger is just crap, pure and simple. And S&M was plain uncalled for. And all the new covers on Garage Days sucked, well most of them did. And KISS - Revenge will always be an awesome album, as will the first WASP and the Headless Children. But the Neon God ? Give me a break, man. Who does Blackie think he is ?

mrthrax said:
3 aussie bands u people should check out

rose tattoo
mortal sin
alchemist!

Who is Alchemist ? I saw Mortal Sin open for Anthrax, I thought they were average at best. Why aren't the Angels on this list. I reckon they wipe the floor with the Tatts, although the Tatts are still a cool band.