What Did You Learn Today??

ShredHeadJHJ

oh noes itz a opinionn
Oct 15, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I figured it would be a constructive idea to see if we can keep a thread alive with only our newfound knowledge for that particular day. Anytime you learn something new that might be of value to you in the future post it here. Well, just post anything you learn that you didn't already know. If this therad vanishes into oblivion God help us.

Today I learned that "Soco" is an abreviation of "Southern Comfort".

I ate at McDonalds the other day, theyre doing a "BIG MEAN BEEFY" campaign and the losers who work there had to wear shirts with that text in uber size font. Now, imagine a 250 pound female beast wearing that shirt. PROUDLY.

It was so awesome.

Sevag: you're right. The first time I tried to put in my contacts it took me about 20 minutes (no exaggeration.) It becomes second nature fast though.

I learned that eating a very large lunch and then jumping out of a 60 ft tree with a harness that straps across your stomach doesn't feel wonderful and is never the smart thing to do

I discovered that Myspace is the place to get 8-9/10 girls. I would have discovered that before had I been reading Dave's post. In the next few days I plan to learn how to play the "game". Thanks to Dave's methods I should have 400 mypsace friends in no time and if I throw some sexual innuendos and watch for the clear indicators of interest I should be succesful within a year.

Also you should go to clubs. Also don't settle for 8s even if they are cool, dumbass; you have no time for ugly bitches!!

I learned that sometimes I hate being an art major because I have to draw 5 still lifes by next Wednesday and do drawn renditions of charcoal rubbings by this Wednesday...

In Psychology today I learned some stuff about Human Development during the prenatal and infant stages. Not too exciting.

This afternoon I watched the History Channel and I learned about the real battle of Thermopylae, which inspired 300. Turns out there was a full-scale naval battle going on at the same time as the ground battle at the Hot Gates. The Persians were planning to outflank the Spartans/Greeks by landing their ships on the shore behind them, but to do that they either had to sail through a narrow strait (which was guarded by the Greek navy under Themisticles) or sail around the giant island of Euboea. Well what happened was the Greeks fended off the Persian ships trying to go through the strait, while Poseidon took care of the ships taking the long route around the island.

After that show there was a program about Pericles' Athens. I learned about how the Parthenon/Acropolis was constructed and how Pericles planned to defend the city against the Spartans.

Awesome thread idea, shredhead.

I learned the definition of a formal grammar in my computation theory class. It's a 4-tuple consisting of a set of variables, an alphabet, a unique starting variable, and a set of derivation rules.

...There's probably more to it than that, but I don't feel like digging up my notes just for this post.

I learned that "bakchoi" meant white vegetable in Cantanese Chinese. And not Vomit in Mandarin.

I learned that having a vehicle that ways 450lbs roll over you a couple times hurts like hell - but only after it has happened. During the event you don't feel a damn thing :loco: