What gigs have you seen lately?

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
So, what gigs have you been to in recent times, and how were they?

I went to Kyuss Lives at the Palace Theatre last night. Cool show, once again. John Garcia seems to have slimmed down a bit since their last tour. Nick Oliveri isn't touring with them at the moment; I'm not sure what the latest with him is.

Prior to that my last gig was Off! in January. I assume Brian would know them, but I dunno how many others are into that kind of punky stuff (Southy?).

Next gig is Redd Kross in March. I'm looking forward to that one.

This year:

Feb 21 - Anthrax w/ Malakyte (very good old school thrash band from Brisbane - pleasantly surprised!)
Feb 22 - Bullet for My Valentine w/ Cancer Bats and Miss May I
Feb 23 - Soundwave (saw Red Fang, Fozzy, Sylosis, Bullet for My Valentine, While She Sleeps, the end of All Time Low, Killswitch Engage, Ghost - the highlight of the day for me - the end of Linkin Park and Metallica)

Gigs coming up:

March 12 - KISS/Crue/Lizzy
March 14 - Bruce Springsteen
March 16 - Bruce Springsteen
March 20 - Guns N' Roses
April 4 - The Darkness w/ Joan Jett
April 25 - Black Sabbath
May 1 - Aerosmith
May 10 - Tenacious D
June 2 - Rush
June 4 - Rush
June 8 - KISS
June 11 - KISS
June 14-16 - Download

OFF! Fuck Yeah!!

I missed them though mate :( Only gig I have been too is Soundwave, loads of good bands, I stuck to Stage 6, the one all the Hardcore bands played on. Was fucking awesome

I think I'd hang around the hardcore stage if I was going this year too. I saw a few bands there last year (including Biohazard). Shame I'm not going really. Maybe next year.

King hell Spiffo, that's a lot of shows! My friend got me an Aerosmith ticket today, so I've got that one to look forward to as well.

I saw The Darkness last year, but don't think I'll be able to this time around. Plus it's in a much bigger venue, which might be a bit odd.

Big call from you, given you're a big Metallica fan! I saw part of an Anthrax set at Soundwave a couple of years ago, but that's all.

No idea why Metallica wouldn't do a great intimate show. Just because they haven't done one lately (how big is the Fillmore?) doesn't mean they're not capable of putting on a killer show in a small venue.

It's possibly the same with Metallica, I dunno, but what's interesting with Maiden is how much of their history and image is based around stadium sized shows. No doubt they could play a stripped back show in a smaller venue and it would be phenomenal, but I think to them, Iron Maiden is much more than a band with songs...

I went to see Kyuss lives in Melbourne and thought they were just awesome. It was my first time seeing them and didn't expect them to be that spot on.

Anyone else see Aerosmith? I had a lot of fun.

Now I don't have a ticket to anything. The main part of gig season seems to be over.

I haven't been super impressed by anything Aerosmith for a while and had no burning need to see them.

Next thing on my list is Jesus Christ Superstar next month!